(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So......we cancelled our Aug 26-30 stay at the GFV - totally bummed but DH wasn't feeling it with the FL #s rising..

we might reschedule for early-mid October but I'm not sure yet and we won't decide until probably Sept which is CRAZY pants late for me as the pre-planner in me loves time to plan but if we can go then we shall go!

I'm *fingers crossed* hoping I could find a few nights at BLT so we can walk to MK, but booking that close to arrival I'm not sure if we could even find anything!!

so jealous of everyone keeping their Aug reservations!

Good morning GF fans!

Any new GF news..beside that eye sore of a fence that s being constructed??? :earseek:

Of course the queen of multi-quote knows GF Birthday!

I’ll sneak over to gf from BLT......if I can lol!

Well I am a veeerryyyy long time GF fan..lol..and while I have trouble remembering some things...this is a fact I do remember..:cutie:...
Popping over to the GF sounds like a fun idea..hop that you can...and that we have details coming forth soon...

Hi Blue!! Tickets for 2020 are now on sale or next year??

Hey grannyminnie :flower:..Yes indeed..2021 park tickets are available for purchase...along with a tab that links to monthly calendars to check park availability ..a multi day ticket in 2021 still seems to be in the same vicinity of about $105 per day from what I was looking at...altho cost varies depending on the time of year...

It's a mystery! I was going to move our Dec WL trip to next Dec once bookings opened up for Dec 2021, but it looks like (at least for now) WL won't be open next year at all. It's just frustrating to not know much of what's going and to get bits and pieces of information little by little 🙁 .

I find that so puzzling given that its such a popular resort....:confused3

~No new news from me either...except that I am waaaiiitttting for updated info from the world and how it will impact our maybe fall trip...I have been trying to add a nite to our trip no avail.... and at rack rate...really....:eek:...not a single GF room...

Hope that you are all having a terrific Tuesday...:earsgirl:

So......we cancelled our Aug 26-30 stay at the GFV - totally bummed but DH wasn't feeling it with the FL #s rising..

we might reschedule for early-mid October but I'm not sure yet and we won't decide until probably Sept which is CRAZY pants late for me as the pre-planner in me loves time to plan but if we can go then we shall go!

I'm *fingers crossed* hoping I could find a few nights at BLT so we can walk to MK, but booking that close to arrival I'm not sure if we could even find anything!!

It's so sad to be canceling a trip..especially all the planning that we obsessive planners put into Disney trip :blush:....we had an August trip booked at the GF that we cancelled too....but..the bright side...you can always book another trip! Best of luck getting a fall one booked :goodvibes..BLT sounds like a great alternative...some of our best trips over the years have been those last minute ones....

It's so sad to be canceling a trip..especially all the planning that we obsessive planners put into Disney trip :blush:....we had an August trip booked at the GF that we cancelled too....but..the bright side...you can always book another trip! Best of luck getting a fall one booked :goodvibes..BLT sounds like a great alternative...some of our best trips over the years have been those last minute ones....
I'm trying to stay positive!! the only other non-planned trip was one we booked like 4 months prior - all the rest have been a year!!

and with things just opening up next month it will be good to see Disney's plans implemented and how the crowds are taking to them.

We've never stayed at BLT so if we can get a room (even for only 3 nights) it would be great - and we did stay at GF pre-DVC and the ability to just walk to MK, especially if we're only allowed one park per day, and if we go for 3 days, I would try to get MK for 2 days....

AND if we go in Oct it will only be DH and I so we don't have to worry about what the (adult) kids want to do!

:cool1:

Great plan @kylenne ...I think that things definitely will....GF/Poly is going to be a fun split...two very different vibes...I've done CR/GF..and many GF/BWI splits...all so enjoyable....

Thank you for the encouragement! Part of me is still thinking it's so silly to split between resorts that are right next to each other and we should be more practical and choose an Epcot resort for the other...

But my inner 10 year old still dreams of "the princess resort" and so here we are. :)

OMG your leaving soon....thats so exciting. I can't wait to get first hand info.
Dd and I have a 2 bedroom blt villa lol!

She loves QS so we probably buy wine or champagne for the villa.

Then with no EWP (my fav) or HEA I booked a nightly dining res. Even if I get a wine and an appie it may be fun .

We also have BOG our other MK night.

Can’t wait!

I'm sorry you cancelled. I hope a mid-Oct trip works out :wizard:.

I find that so puzzling given that its such a popular resort....:confused3

~No new news from me either...except that I am waaaiiitttting for updated info from the world and how it will impact our maybe fall trip...I have been trying to add a nite to our trip no avail.... and at rack rate...really....:eek:...not a single GF room...

The WL is definitely popular, especially at Christmas time. It'll be interesting to see if it will indeed be closed next year.

I hope something opens up and you are able to add the night you want :).

Sadly, we won't get to stay at GF in September like we wanted since they won't be open for our dates. Tried to get a villa but there is no availability. We were moved to BCV in advance of our regular BC stay. One day GF :(

I'm sorry your GF stay got changed. I hope you have a great trip and enjoy your BCV/BC stay :flower3: .

AND if we go in Oct it will only be DH and I so we don't have to worry about what the (adult) kids want to do!

You will have a great time! This past December was mine & DH's first trip without our boys (who are now adults) and we had a great time! It was a little strange at first not having them around, but it was nice being just the 2 of us :goodvibes.

Part of me is still thinking it's so silly to split between resorts that are right next to each other and we should be more practical and choose an Epcot resort for the other...

But my inner 10 year old still dreams of "the princess resort" and so here we are. :)

I don't think it's silly at all. I think Poly/GF is a great split. They are right next to each other, but they are totally different experiences/themes. Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

Please come back and tell us all about it:flower1:

Yes please do ::yes::

I'm sorry you cancelled. I hope a mid-Oct trip works out :wizard:.

The WL is definitely popular, especially at Christmas time. It'll be interesting to see if it will indeed be closed next year.

I hope something opens up and you are able to add the night you want :).

I'm sorry your GF stay got changed. I hope you have a great trip and enjoy your BCV/BC stay :flower3: .

You will have a great time! This past December was mine & DH's first trip without our boys (who are now adults) and we had a great time! It was a little strange at first not having them around, but it was nice being just the 2 of us :goodvibes.

I don't think it's silly at all. I think Poly/GF is a great split. They are right next to each other, but they are totally different experiences/themes. Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

Yes please do ::yes::
I will get pix!

My flights for August VGF were canceled. On to plan B......

@bioreconstruct on Twitter posted an aerial shot of the resort with the NBA fencing

EcBg5QuXgAIBLev.jpeg

It encompasses buildings 5-9 (Sago Cay, Sugarloaf, Conch Key, Boca Chica and Big Pine Key), a little smoking gazebo next to BPK, The Courtyard Pool, and Narcoossee's. I'm presuming that entrance to The Convention Center is limited to anyone on the north side of the fence.

Thank you for the encouragement! Part of me is still thinking it's so silly to split between resorts that are right next to each other and we should be more practical and choose an Epcot resort for the other...

I have done poly gf splits . Gf bed is nicer lol when you do back to back you notice.

I have also done CR poly, CR gf splits. I am a mono girl! Love them all!

it’s it to transfer too because they so close!
You will love it🥰

@bioreconstruct on Twitter posted an aerial shot of the resort with the NBA fencing

View attachment 506298

It encompasses buildings 5-9 (Sago Cay, Sugarloaf, Conch Key, Boca Chica and Big Pine Key), a little smoking gazebo next to BPK, The Courtyard Pool, and Narcoossee's. I'm presuming that entrance to The Convention Center is limited to anyone on the north side of the fence.
i keep seeing maps but never the front of the resort near convention. I am curious if the park bus stop is on which side of the fence. It would be awesome if it was moved to vgf.
Anybody there now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter