• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I arrive to CR tomorrow. Dd and I always visit Gf lobby! We plan on at least 1 stop to the ER too .

I will try to see how busy the pool is if it’s not raining. It all depends on when we stop. We usually walk between gf/poly but it is very hot I may not feel up to it lol.

Tomorrow!!!!! How exciting!!!! I can't wait to hear all about it. I am excited but nervous for my October trip. I am so used to know exactly what to expect and we need a vacation so bad. Have a great trip!

Just booked 7 nights in an outer building garden view for October! Looking forward to returning to my favorite resort. Very curious to see if people will keep their fall break plans and what October crowd levels will look like this year.
Does anyone know how frequently Movies under the Stars are occurring? Every other night? I haven't been able to find an August activities calendar, and was wondering if it might be a foreshadow to October's schedule.

I don't know specifically about Grand Floridian, but when we were just at Ft. Wilderness, it was M, W, F and Saturday I believe. I know it was every other day plus one extra day thrown in, just can't remember which one. Seems reports I've read about other resorts have been similar.

Both options will work. I would book the 1 bedroom suite now while you still can. They often sell out vs 2 gv or lv rooms which should still have availability,
Keep in mind that if you do book a suite which includes CL if the cl option gets canceled next year they MAY move you to VGF or BLT for example. Or you could just do the 2 rooms. It kind of gives you more options to have the suite booked while you can.

I took my mom to RPC in 2017 in December, Yes our Mom’s sure do love GF!
Do you know if I can book the suite now as room only? I was under the impression that they were not taking any reservations currently for after 9/26/21.

Do you know if I can book the suite now as room only? I was under the impression that they were not taking any reservations currently for after 9/26/21.
Hmm I booked my 9/30-10/3/21 so I assumed you could . However I did notice I could not pick my parks yet.
Keep an eye on things and book when those dates release. FYI 10/1/21 is the 50th anniversary so that’s why they waiting for October . Lots of people have already booked .

Also I tried to book a suite at CR which also includes cl but they said no, cl is closed.

Hmm I booked my 9/30-10/3/21 so I assumed you could . However I did notice I could not pick my parks yet.
Keep an eye on things and book when those dates release. FYI 10/1/21 is the 50th anniversary so that’s why they waiting for October . Lots of people have already booked .

Also I tried to book a suite at CR which also includes cl but they said no, cl is closed.
Thanks! I think I read that a few people were able to book room only dates into October before they shut reservations down. I played around with some dates right up to the end of September and it looked like the suite was available for booking. So, hopefully there will be some availability left by the time we can book!

We’re looking at 10/26-11/3 so we’ll be a bit later in the month. We’re also relatively flexible with dates. My goal is just to be there for Halloween. Otherwise, I’m good! I keep checking back daily to see if bookings have opened up! This wait is killing me:surfweb:

Thanks! I think I read that a few people were able to book room only dates into October before they shut reservations down. I played around with some dates right up to the end of September and it looked like the suite was available for booking. So, hopefully there will be some availability left by the time we can book!

We’re looking at 10/26-11/3 so we’ll be a bit later in the month. We’re also relatively flexible with dates. My goal is just to be there for Halloween. Otherwise, I’m good! I keep checking back daily to see if bookings have opened up! This wait is killing me:surfweb:

Did you try to call? I booked June 2021 over the phone before it was available on line. Sorry if this was covered already.

Did you try to call? I booked June 2021 over the phone before it was available on line. Sorry if this was covered already.
I did try and was told that they are not accepting any reservations after 9/26/21. I’m assuming it’s due to the 50th anniversary celebration and all of the uncertainty about what COVID precautions may or may not still need to be in place by then.

I did try and was told that they are not accepting any reservations after 9/26/21. I’m assuming it’s due to the 50th anniversary celebration and all of the uncertainty about what COVID precautions may or may not still need to be in place by then.

Darn...too bad!! If I see or hear anything I'll let you know.

Figured I’d post an update since I came here looking for crowd info a couple of weeks ago :)

We stayed at GF Villas last Thursday through Sunday(13-16). Spent a lot of time at the contemporary, Poly, wilderness and grand. It was weird and kind of sad to see everything so empty but we had a great time and felt safe everywhere except Disney Springs. Springs was very crowded in the evening and no one was really respectful of your personal space or trying to social distance.

Of the magic kingdom area resorts, Wilderness was the only one that felt crowded. Maybe because it’s got two Villa areas that are open but it definitely was busier than the others. Grand and Contemporary were ghost towns and poly wasn’t busy at all

Thanks for the beautiful photos, @trishadono! I can't wait to be back at my happy place :cloud9:
Probably stop back there later to have a beverage at Enchanted Rose,

‘I’ll try to get more pix.

Dd and I walked from poly to gf and wow like a ghost town!

Even CR while being open is so quiet.

I do have a ,lovely view of poly and GF from my room at CR. Can’t wait for them toopen!

Love all the chairs on the beach!!! When we went in November, kids wanted to play in the sand and there was no where to sit, so I sat by the fire pit. Love getting a little sun whenever can 🙂

And that swing bench is great!!! I love to walk over there and enjoy the view/relax while the kids play in the sand. So peaceful.

0266A9ED-0349-4AF7-8D66-9A22E571AF99.jpeg

Thanks for the beautiful pictures!! Hope you’re having a wonderful time!!!! 3 more months!!! ☺

Last edited:
The Grand is supposed to open September 21.

The first round of the NBA playoffs is supposed to end August 30. That's the date families and guests of teams are allowed to come inside The Bubble. Then the second round ends September 13.

My thinking is that then from September 14 to maybe the 17-18, any NBA players staying at GFL will be moving to GDT. Then Mousekeeping can clean up those rooms, and maintenance can take the fence down to reopen the resort for guests on the 21st.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter