2014 anybody?

Yay, for having a seed! We all need a goalposts to look forward to!

Don't be intimidated by WDW - we haven't been to dlr, but managed WDW with a lot of help from the dis!

I am tempted to bring our planned WDW trip with x-mas in New York forward a year to 2014. It might depend on whether the Universal Studios Harry Potter expansion will be open by then.

However, I have enough to keep me occupied planning an Anaheim spectacular in September this year (hopefully)

Dean

becpee, we are also looking at wdw in may with a cruise... trying to combine a western caribbean with a week - week + 1/2 in wdw for sww :)

we are also doing a sept/oct 2013 trip, so the 2014 trip will only happen if we can get the money together :)

becpee, we are also looking at wdw in may with a cruise... trying to combine a western caribbean with a week - week + 1/2 in wdw for sww :)

we are also doing a sept/oct 2013 trip, so the 2014 trip will only happen if we can get the money together :)

I saw the dates this year for SWW and thought DS would LOVE it!
The cruise is booked, just need to save and pay (for everything LOL).
Just might catch you on the other side of the world (if not before LOL)

The budget I have set is pretty strict, I hope we can really set our minds on it just thinking of the bigger picture :hyper:

PS My ticker just ticked over to one day less ROFL

I saw the dates this year for SWW and thought DS would LOVE it!
The cruise is booked, just need to save and pay (for everything LOL).
Just might catch you on the other side of the world (if not before LOL)

The budget I have set is pretty strict, I hope we can really set our minds on it just thinking of the bigger picture :hyper:

PS My ticker just ticked over to one day less ROFL

hahaha, sure we will have to do a mini dis meet if we are there at the same time, for sure :)

carlo is so keen to be there. i've done some research on sww (totally his thing but i support his geekdom, so i've been doing as much research as i can) and came across this great guide here which gives you an idea of what is on etc and how it all works.

my understanding is although it goes for 3 days each weekend (fri/sat/sun) the exact same thing is on for each of those days etc, so you could really just go for the friday, and get to see the same thing that will be happening on sat & sun as well. despite me telling carlo this, he wants to be there for 2 weekends just in case something changes (the celebs might change from one weekend to the next, but the rest of the events are exactly identical). le sigh. i can see me spending a lot of time by myself, having drinks and shopping and riding using the single rider line :)

DH plonks himself down on lounge last night and says "you never stop taking about our next trip to America, so when are you thinking of going?"

I innocently reply "not sure really, why?"

DH: " B***s**t, all you ever do is sit on the ipad looking up travel stuff, you must know when you want to go!"

Me: "Ummmm, maybe Dec 2014... into January, that's just what I was thinking, it's not just my decision you know :stir:"

DH: "we better work out a savings budget then, you know how much it will cost!"

Oh yes, yes indeed I do!!

Result!!:moped:

I am planning our first ever trip to the USA for Sep 2014. Just me and my 2 kids who will be 10 and 7. The general idea at this stage is WDW, NY, Niagra and then the Grand Canyon on the way out (or the way in- not sure).

Yesterday my ex husband said he is definitely keen to join us on and off through out the trip (I did offer) and his partner, who I like, might even come.

LizfromOz said:
DH plonks himself down on lounge last night and says "you never stop taking about our next trip to America, so when are you thinking of going?"

I innocently reply "not sure really, why?"

DH: " B***s**t, all you ever do is sit on the ipad looking up travel stuff, you must know when you want to go!"

Me: "Ummmm, maybe Dec 2014... into January, that's just what I was thinking, it's not just my decision you know :stir:"

DH: "we better work out a savings budget then, you know how much it will cost!"

Oh yes, yes indeed I do!!

Result!!:moped:

Fantastic! I love it when husbands come around like that. :thumbsup2

Lees75 said:
I am planning our first ever trip to the USA for Sep 2014. Just me and my 2 kids who will be 10 and 7. The general idea at this stage is WDW, NY, Niagra and then the Grand Canyon on the way out (or the way in- not sure).

Yesterday my ex husband said he is definitely keen to join us on and off through out the trip (I did offer) and his partner, who I like, might even come.

Welcome to the disboards. :-)
Sounds like a great trip. And how wonderful for your kids that you and your ex are still good friends.

Yay, for having a seed! We all need a goalposts to look forward to!

Don't be intimidated by WDW - we haven't been to dlr, but managed WDW with a lot of help from the dis!

I really need to put my ipad down, I've been researching WDW resorts all day...dining plans and park passes, not to mention Universal studios - making my head spin:surfweb:.

Will pick all of your brains over the next few months, if you don't mind. :bitelip:

jan 2014- going to goofy it up. also nyc, la, San Fran, carsland, universal and New Orleans

now to train and save

woohoo

Great idea starting this thread:idea:

We are off for the biggest trip we have ever done in 2014. Itinerary is set in concrete, dates however, could be subject to a slight change. But, we will definitely be leaving in December.

But, we are off to visit 4 castles.......Hong Kong, Tokyo, WDW and finally to Disneyland. 44 days all up.

We too need to have a fair bit of time to plan and save, so I am glad I have folk to swap stories with on the way!:goodvibes

God we're all here for the long planning road ahead!
The thought of this next trip is consuming me, it seems so far away!
But the first week of 2013 is nearly over in the blink of an eye, once we pass May 3rd it'll be under a year until our cruise...

Lees75 said:

Welcome. I've never been to WDW either but will be in December :)

Still only Hawaii planned for 2014 but I might even manage a trip to Somerville in Victoria to visit my nan as well. And some more beautiful Dolcetti cheesecake :)

Still only Hawaii planned for 2014 but I might even manage a trip to Somerville in Victoria to visit my nan as well. And some more beautiful Dolcetti cheesecake :)

Somerville, not too far from me :p

I really rock it when I'm there ;) I'm the local attraction when I visit nan and her friends :)

I really rock it when I'm there ;) I'm the local attraction when I visit nan and her friends :)

:rotfl: I can only imagine

It's a week since I booked our cruise, DH is on board with the budget.
I'm already so excited with more than 15 months to go...

Hello everyone, it has been a while since I have been on, but will be back to WDW in April 2014. :cool1:
Only just doing early planning at the moment.
Was in WDW in April this year for DD who competed at WDW for the world cheerleading championships, was an interesting trip, as I had no control over it:confused3 we had to stay at the value resorts (after staying at the contemporary our last trip!) and we only had two full days to play in between all the competition as well as some half days. We had one day at universal, which was great:thumbsup2.
April 2014 will also be for cheerleading again but this time will extend the trip for longer so I can do what I want:thumbsup2 also planning a cruise on either RC or Disney.
Actually will be back to the US in 7 weeks:cool1:, just spending two days in LA on our way to backpacking around Mexico, Guatemala and Belize. DH won't agree to a day trip to DL, :eek:Doing universal instead:)
Once I get back from my backpacking trip will start planning 2014:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter