2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is completely off topic. My DH, DS, and I went home to eastern NC today to celebrate my mother's 86th birthday.

Shortly after leaving to return home a car pulled out directly in front of us on a two lane highway. Both cars are totaled but thank God no one was killed. I'm pretty banged up. My chest looks like I got into a fight and my sternum in severely bruised. Hurts to breathe. I believe mostly from the air bag. My throat is also extremely sore and I'm coughing a lot. The hospital said it was from breathing in the powder that exploded in the air bag.

I was transported to the hospital on one of those board things. Most uncomfortable 45 minutes of my life.

You never know what turn your life may take. I am thankful that I am still here to feel the aches and pains.

Yes, Robyn and Teena, Andrew is fine. So is Steve. I am most thankful for that. Andrew rode in the ambulance with me and was quite the trooper. Even helping out the emergency folk when they would ask him to pass them things.

Thanks for listening friends. It's 4 am and I think the adrenalin hasn't worn off. I can't sleep.

Looks like I'll be picking out a car soon. Ugh.

Holy cow. So glad you are all okay ... counting the days until we are all together again!!!!!! Be safe dear friend!!!

YCFAN, how terrible. I'm new to the YC/BC thread, but glad you're okay (or just banged up).

NM, I think you need to add a few people to the list of folks you might spend quality time with at WDW. Sounds like your poor husband met quite a few special folks dealing with bell services. I hope the rest of your trip goes much more smoothly.

Question about the meetup - will anyone have kids there? I'll be traveling with my mom and three older kids (they'll be 11, 9, and 6 at the time). I'm sure they'd be happy enough hanging out at the pool but if there will be other kids there, I'd bring them with.

This is completely off topic. My DH, DS, and I went home to eastern NC today to celebrate my mother's 86th birthday. Shortly after leaving to return home a car pulled out directly in front of us on a two lane highway. Both cars are totaled but thank God no one was killed. I'm pretty banged up. My chest looks like I got into a fight and my sternum in severely bruised. Hurts to breathe. I believe mostly from the air bag. My throat is also extremely sore and I'm coughing a lot. The hospital said it was from breathing in the powder that exploded in the air bag. I was transported to the hospital on one of those board things. Most uncomfortable 45 minutes of my life. You never know what turn your life may take. I am thankful that I am still here to feel the aches and pains. Yes, Robyn and Teena, Andrew is fine. So is Steve. I am most thankful for that. Andrew rode in the ambulance with me and was quite the trooper. Even helping out the emergency folk when they would ask him to pass them things. Thanks for listening friends. It's 4 am and I think the adrenalin hasn't worn off. I can't sleep. Looks like I'll be picking out a car soon. Ugh.

I'm so sorry YCFAN but so glad you and your family are ok. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

YCFAN How scary!!! Thank God you are all relatively ok!

NinjaMom sounds like quite the ordeal over at POR! Hope the rest of your trip goes smoother!

Got our flights booked today! Happy with the price. Wish the departure day flight was a little later, but at least I got first flight in on arrival day!!! :cool1:

This is completely off topic. My DH, DS, and I went home to eastern NC today to celebrate my mother's 86th birthday.

Shortly after leaving to return home a car pulled out directly in front of us on a two lane highway. Both cars are totaled but thank God no one was killed. I'm pretty banged up. My chest looks like I got into a fight and my sternum in severely bruised. Hurts to breathe. I believe mostly from the air bag. My throat is also extremely sore and I'm coughing a lot. The hospital said it was from breathing in the powder that exploded in the air bag.

I was transported to the hospital on one of those board things. Most uncomfortable 45 minutes of my life.

You never know what turn your life may take. I am thankful that I am still here to feel the aches and pains.

Yes, Robyn and Teena, Andrew is fine. So is Steve. I am most thankful for that. Andrew rode in the ambulance with me and was quite the trooper. Even helping out the emergency folk when they would ask him to pass them things.

Thanks for listening friends. It's 4 am and I think the adrenalin hasn't worn off. I can't sleep.

Looks like I'll be picking out a car soon. Ugh.

So so sorry! Talk about scary!! Thankful that you and your family are ok. Someone was looking out for you for sure!

Hope you have a speedy, pain free recovery!

Jay

YCfan, I am so sorry to hear about your car accident! I hope all of you bruises heal soon and you're back to 100%!

ninjaMom, yikes! Your trip sure isn't off to a great start. You are absolutely correct....the POR resort manager needs to learn of the shenanigans going on with his Bell Services people. I dealt with the GM of POR many years ago and she was fantastic. I sure hope your trip gets better! Poor NinjaDad. His day waiting in the lobby sounds atrocious!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Just wanted to post about our wonderful trip to the YC!

DH and I stayed from 2/5-2/16 at the YC. We got married at the gazebo on the 10th! The wedding was fabulous! loved the gazebo and we took pics all around the YC which is beautiful.

Our stay was not without hiccups but was so fun. We were suppose to fly out 2/5 at 630AM from Philly but that was when we had that huge ice storm. We got on the 330PM flight but ended up flying out at 830PM. I think we checked in at 1130PM. We unpacked some stuff and got our room ready and went to bed. Had to get up at 530 for our Keys to the Kingdom tour. I think we got 3-4 hours of sleep. It was fine though because it was our first day in the MK so we were pumped!

We loved the YC. We ate at Captain's Grille for breakfast (loved the ala carte and buffet style), Yachtsman Steakhouse for dinner, had room service a couple of times (Martin was fabulous!!), Cape May Cafe Clam Bake and Beaches and Cream. All were so good!! DH got a massage at Ship Shape and I got a facial.. so relaxing! I tried to go back for a walk in manicure but they were really booked. We love, love, LOVED the pool! So awesome! Loved the slide and the lazy river. We also loved the walking distance to the Boardwalk and EPCOT. Wish we could have made it over to Jellyrolls but there's always next time ;) ;)

Everyone was super friendly and we really liked all the accommodations. We were suppose to fly home on the 14th but we had another huge storm on the 13th so we stayed an extra two days and switched our flight to Sunday the 16th. It was amazing. One of our best trips ever! We stayed at BWI before but weren't really a fan. Definitely loved YC and would love to try BC next!!

ETA: forgot to say we stayed in room 4132. It was on the 4th floor, really close to the elevators. It was definitely prime real estate! It was so quick to get to everything, especially the store. We had a garden view room but could see the Disney bus stop partially through the trees. The rooms are so nice and comfy. Especially after staying at POFQ.

Hi!

Anyone know how late the pool is open last couple weeks of October?

Also, does Beach Club have hot tubs at quiet pools, or just the main pool?

thanks!!!

come on October!!!!!!! :yay::yay:

Hi!

Anyone know how late the pool is open last couple weeks of October?

Also, does Beach Club have hot tubs at quiet pools, or just the main pool?

thanks!!!

come on October!!!!!!! :yay::yay:

I think it closed at 10pm when we were there last October. We were there near the beginning of the month. Not sure if there was any change in the schedule later on in the month.

There is a hot tub at the quiet pool. I seem to remember it being warmer than some of the hot tubs at SAB.

I think it closed at 10pm when we were there last October. We were there near the beginnig of the month. Not sure if there was any change in the schedule later on in the month.

There is a hot tub at the quiet pool. I seem to remember it being warmer than some of the hot tubs at SAB.

Sounds great, thanks!!

I see, through a site that is linked in 1st page here, there are a huge number of rooms that are considered Garden View/Queen that are on the lagoon side of the complex and would, indeed, show part of the water or of stormalong bay. I know room requests are not guaranteed, but what wording would most convey my wish for a room on that side of the complex? (garden view along the lagoon side of building? Or, is there a better, more concise way to ask?)
Thanks in advance!

I see, through a site that is linked in 1st page here, there are a huge number of rooms that are considered Garden View/Queen that are on the lagoon side of the complex and would, indeed, show part of the water or of stormalong bay. I know room requests are not guaranteed, but what wording would most convey my wish for a room on that side of the complex? (garden view along the lagoon side of building? Or, is there a better, more concise way to ask?)
Thanks in advance!

I've learned (from this thread :)) to say "lakeside" or the back of the resort.

I'm also garden view and want a courtyard view on the lakeside, so I will say "courtyard view requested".

I've learned (from this thread :)) to say "lakeside" or the back of the resort.

I'm also garden view and want a courtyard view on the lakeside, so I will say "courtyard view requested".

What do you mean by "courtyard view"? Would that mean any of the courtyards on the "lakeside", or just the biggest one near the lobby and sab?

What do you mean by "courtyard view"? Would that mean any of the courtyards on the "lakeside", or just the biggest one near the lobby and sab?

I am fine with any courtyard view as they are all on the lakeside. I think the courtyards are pretty. I would like the one by the lobby, but would be happy with any courtyard view.

I am fine with any courtyard view as they are all on the lakeside. I think the courtyards are pretty. I would like the one by the lobby, but would be happy with any courtyard view.

I am fine with that as well!:) I just wanted to know how specific I should make my request. There seem to be many more rooms "lakeside" that are garden view rather than water view, technically. I am okay with that!:) I would just love to be on that side of the resort, enjoying the scenery. Thank you for your help!

I am fine with that as well!:) I just wanted to know how specific I should make my request. There seem to be many more rooms "lakeside" that are garden view rather than water view, technically. I am okay with that!:) I would just love to be on that side of the resort, enjoying the scenery. Thank you for your help!

Of course, sounds like we want the same thing!

Here's hoping we can get it!:flower3:

Popping in to say hello :wave2:

Was able to book our airfare this morning for both trips and airfare was the cheapest we've gotten in a while...very excited!! Can't wait to meet everyone at the Dis Meet too should be fun!

YCFAN...OMG, how scary for all of you! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

NM...All I can say is WOW!!! Hoping the rest of your trip goes smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter