• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

We're going Nov 13-19th and when I called this morning to see about going back to our original dates (14-21st) there was nothing for either of our dates at values or mods (or options around those). We have five people. I asked about 4, and when she looked there was still nothing. Sharing my experience. We're already booked in a CBR pool view and I'm okay with that, but saving money by moving to a standard would be nice (as would going back to our original dates).
Oh I completely understand. I had only the option of a preferred room, which the weekend rates are really high. I am paying for a good portion of my FD this year in room rates, but it is better than not going at all. Hope this preferred room is a great location!

Four cards at a time or 4 cards for the whole balance? Doesn't target only sell them in smaller increments?
They have a limit of ordering 8 at a time, but I just go back in and order 8 more as well. My wife has a card, too. So, we get 32 shipped in four separated orders that usually come at the same time. Takes about 30 minutes or so to pay with 8 fifty dollar cards on the Disney site.

We chose CBR over CSR because of the pool and it being newly refurbished. I love the look of the new rooms! But it was a hard decision with most other things being equal.

So the CBR pool is refurbished? After booking I was worried because the pool is important to my boys and they stayed at WL during the closure last year.

So the CBR pool is refurbished? After booking I was worried because the pool is important to my boys and they stayed at WL during the closure last year.
Sorry, I worded that weirdly. The rooms are newly refurbished, not the pool. But the pool is pretty awesome.

I think I'm going to give up on a POP standard room coming available for my dates and just get excited about trying the All Stars for the first time.
Don't throw in the towel quite yet. Keep trying several times throughout the day. I managed to snag a standard at POP yesterday around midday. Keep trying next week, as more inventory might be opened up? You never know? Any how, wishing magical pixie dust to all! pixiedust:

So is target the best option for gift cards/trips at a discount? I do have a target credit card and debit card if that's the case. Are there any other ways to get discounted gift cards that people know of?

As far as the gift cards go you can open a free Disney vacation account to combine all them. After your account has been open for 120 days you can also get a $25 gc for every $1000 you spend towards Disney. Do a search for DVA and there are a bunch of helpful post and information on the budget forum.

Is anyone upset about how FD went down this year?
Everyone who stayed up all night or was up super early got what they wanted or almost what they want....
Im getting grief from another thread about saying some of us who stayed up all night to make sure it happend got what we wanted or what we were satisfied with because we beat the crowd.

Four cards each transaction. I found one for a hundred at my Target today. Never have seen other than 50 and occasionally 25 before.
This has not been true for me. I have been able to apply as many as I have. However, I have to apply one, then it goes back and applies another, and then another. Maybe the poster is talking about someway to apply for all at once that I am not aware of and that limit being four.

Everyone who stayed up all night or was up super early got what they wanted or almost what they want....
Im getting grief from another thread about saying some of us who stayed up all night to make sure it happend got what we wanted or what we were satisfied with because we beat the crowd.

What do you mean getting grief? There were definitely issues for a lot of people but at 4:30am the online system was working just fine. The problems started I think when everyone woke up, started calling, and overloaded the system. Then there were online crashes, phone crashes, and TA booking crashes. Then around noon the website got a little better.

Even some people who were on first thing, trying to beat the crowd in the morning had issues with the Disney website. So for you to come off almost as "You must have not tried hard enough" is a little inconsiderate.

I hold nothing against people who stayed up all night. I would not have gotten as close to what we wanted if I had not grabbed it at 8:30am when I saw how quickly the rooms were going. What should you have done waited until everyone else had booked? We had to change our days 2 earlier but other than that i got what we wanted.

My only complaint is that they should have given a couple days warning. Let them know what dates would be available. It does not seem fair that it went from a rumor to live. Last year there were so many false starts that it was hard to believe it was a go.

I did basically the same as you. As did hundreds of others. People can be mean on these boards.

I'm not sure how it has happened in the past, last time I was at Disney was 7 years ago and we got FD no problem. But we were going regardless of FD and just kept our fingers crossed that we could get it. I started reading up on it and knew that there was a chance I wouldn't get it. I heard the rumor it was coming, I woke up at 6:30am Monday morning and started trying online with no luck. I called and got hung up on after a two hour wait. I called back and after a 30 minute wait was told there was nothing left, I was willing to switch resorts and dates, but nothing. Through out the day, I kept trying and trying, finally Monday night I found something at a different resort for slightly different dates. I booked it. Then a few hours later I found FD at the resort I wanted with slightly different dates. Then this morning I was about to get the resort I wanted and the dates I wanted. So I did not beat the crowds, but I was flexible and persistent and got exactly what I wanted. But all the while I knew there was a change I wouldn't get anything. If somebody stayed up all night and beat the crowd and got what they wanted, that is awesome.

This has not been true for me. I have been able to apply as many as I have. However, I have to apply one, then it goes back and applies another, and then another. Maybe the poster is talking about someway to apply for all at once that I am not aware of and that limit being four.

When we went to make our deposit on Monday it said you could only use 4 cards total. We had no need to try to push for more. We have done more than 4 over the phone.

Even some people who were on first thing, trying to beat the crowd in the morning had issues with the Disney website. So for you to come off almost as "You must have not tried hard enough" is a little inconsiderate.

I was online at 5am and couldn't modify my reservation. I didn't risk it, I just booked a new reservation. My MDE account is still messed up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter