2015 Pin Code Watch

allysetraskos, I received the same :tink: pin offer , but my question is, does the pin code have more rooms available then what the general public gets through the Disney website? I want a cabin at Fort Wilderness but on the website it says the room is not available. If I move out a week there are still some available but my dates are not flexible. I hate calling Disney so I thought I would ask here first because everyone is so helpful and knowledgeable! :grouphug:

I would call and see.. Alot of the time the site has glitches expecially with all the free dining right now I was told by IT that they were having issues.
I did the math based on booking for a family of 3 at All Star Sports 7 Days 6 Nights, 4 days of tickets & Upgrading to the regular DDP the cost would be:
General Free Dining Promo: $2,116.79 (Park hoppers included)
Pin Code Promo: $2,405.65 (No park hoppers included)
Regular Non-Discount: $2,512.37 (No park hoppers included)

To bad we cant use the pin & the dining promo!

Just started planning a trip for next month and so glad I came across this board. I had no idea I had a pin in my email. Unfortunately it has expired but now I know to be on the lookout and not just ignore the emails!! Question though... I received two different emails. One had a pin, and the other just had a special offer column on the right hand side, with links, but no actual codes. Does anyone know what the difference is between these?

Just started planning a trip for next month and so glad I came across this board. I had no idea I had a pin in my email. Unfortunately it has expired but now I know to be on the lookout and not just ignore the emails!! Question though... I received two different emails. One had a pin, and the other just had a special offer column on the right hand side, with links, but no actual codes. Does anyone know what the difference is between these?
Emails with no codes are just promotions for full price.

I wish Disney would just attach any PIN codes we get to our MDE account so when you log in there's an alert symbol or something that tells you that you got a PIN rather than people having to call to find out.

Question, I recently received an email to take a reservation modification survey and also took a survey following playing around on the website. Will these surveys bring me closer to a PIN code??

I've done two surveys in the past two days on the website....I can only hope that it will trigger a PIN...but who knows...my comments were not very positive regarding their website during my last attempt to change dining reservations. Constant "server errors" and timeouts....ugh. Frustrating.

This might be crazy and unrelated.....But I haven't gotten a PIN in the past two years. For some reason my Mom is very lucky and gets them alot. I tend to get them when we are not going lol! When we were trying for FD in 2013, I could not get one for our time period to save my life. Got every other PIN code till Feb 2013, then nothing!

Ok, until this past few months ago I entered the Wheel of Fortune Disney sweepstakes bonus round thing every day that week...then one week later summer PIN code! Worth a try if anyone is interested the next time they have this. I did it this last week too, but no PIN yet. Of course, I don't need the FD PIN code now, so I thought for sure I'd get one haha! :rotfl:

just got a room only pin valid aug 28-nov 24 and nov 28-dec 23
Did you just get it today? I'm just wondering because others received it about a week ago. Is this a new wave of pins being distributed? Here's to hoping! Maybe they'll also open up some availability.

Did you just get it today? I'm just wondering because others received it about a week ago. Is this a new wave of pins being distributed? Here's to hoping! Maybe they'll also open up some availability.

came in the mail may 12th (my birthday!)

What a nice birthday gift!!

I thought so! We never seem to get the email ones until way later (if at all) but seem to get the snail mail ones just fine. When we called for clarification (it mentions free dining but the pin is only for room only discount) the CM mentioned we actually had 2 associated with us. The 1st was for free dining but during the summer (we're going nov 11-18)

This might be crazy and unrelated.....But I haven't gotten a PIN in the past two years. For some reason my Mom is very lucky and gets them alot. I tend to get them when we are not going lol! When we were trying for FD in 2013, I could not get one for our time period to save my life. Got every other PIN code till Feb 2013, then nothing!

Ok, until this past few months ago I entered the Wheel of Fortune Disney sweepstakes bonus round thing every day that week...then one week later summer PIN code! Worth a try if anyone is interested the next time they have this. I did it this last week too, but no PIN yet. Of course, I don't need the FD PIN code now, so I thought for sure I'd get one haha! :rotfl:
What does it look like? the offer in the mail? Is it a big envelope? Does it say Disney? Just want to know so I keep my eye out for it and dont think it's junk mail.

What does it look like? the offer in the mail? Is it a big envelope? Does it say Disney? Just want to know so I keep my eye out for it and dont think it's junk mail.

Mine was actually a fold out pamphlet and yes, it says Disney all over it. You can definitely tell it is from Disney. it is nothing flimsy and it says something like "XXXXXXXXXXX FAMILY, ISN'T IT TIME FOR ANOTHER MAGICAL VACATION? WE HAVE SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR YOU".
I don't have it with me but it says something like that. Very good quality and no way you can miss it!

just got a room only pin valid aug 28-nov 24 and nov 28-dec 23

Are these pins different that the discounts offered to the public? Very distressed right now because I've been checking Mousavers every day for either a general discount, Disney Visa, or annual passholder and nothing so far for mid November (going 17-21). Now I see someone got a November discount back in May???? Did we already miss the window??????? I didn't think so because on Mousavers the current discounts only go through early October.

How does one get a PIN? Like I said we have Disney visa AND AP.

Are these pins different that the discounts offered to the public? Very distressed right now because I've been checking Mousavers every day for either a general discount, Disney Visa, or annual passholder and nothing so far for mid November (going 17-21). Now I see someone got a November discount back in May???? Did we already miss the window??????? I didn't think so because on Mousavers the current discounts only go through early October.

We were offered a Bounceback last year in October when we were there to get free dining on this upcoming trip we are taking on Sept 30th. So we grabbed that deal. Not sure if free dining is still available though this late in the game. It might be. As for the pins, it appears that it's a lottery thing. It might show up in your mail one day or not. I have never received one, yet. Keeping fingers crossed for some day soon

The fall room discount should be out within the next two to three weeks. Free dining has come and gone. Pins are random, and have nothing to do with a Disney Visa. Chase does their own offers.

as smitch said, pins are random. my parents get them as do we pretty regularly. One common hunch is that it's partly geographic for who gets pins and we have definately gotten more since we went 2 years ago. Nobody really knows what triggers them. We signed up for the planning dvd, have a disney visa and have gone within the last 2 years (all of which are common guesses to what triggers them)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter