2016 Free Dining Watch

For the Fall 2015 Dining Promo you had to purchase either the park hopper or the water parks fun and more option with you tickets.
....wow.

Just......wow.

.....may as well not even bother offering FD.....

Personally, I have no problem with this stipulation. It's a relatively low cost thing to have to add, still far less than the cost of the dining plan. And I know for me, at least, I usually add Park Hopper anyways.
The water parks fun and more option was so worth it! We had a great time exploring things we'd never done before!!
.....well, I guess I can see your point....as for us, we never park-hop. Whatever park we plan for, for the day, we tend to stick at that park for the entire day.

FD has just been announced for the summer.... Late May through August BUT it's only for Values and it's only 1 QS/night....may not bait many new ones in, but could be a big help to those already going?

I wouldn't consider that a free dining package. They never offer free dining in the summer. It's probably more of an incentive to have people book longer stays.

I wouldn't consider that a free dining package. They never offer free dining in the summer. It's probably more of an incentive to have people book longer stays.
You're right not free dining, but a free meal. It's still a good deal for a family of four, especially since you can now substitute your drink and dessert for sides.

It may not be "true" free dining, but it gives our family a total of 42 free QS meals during our stay which saves us over $600. That's as good as any room discount we'd get.

I was pleasantly surprised to get an e-mail from my TA at 7:00 a.m. this morning letting me know she applied this deal to our reservation.

ETA: Free dining has been offered through a PIN/UOC code for summer at times. We had free dining during our late June trip in 2011. And up until a year or two ago, there was usually a free dining deal for the general public that would begin in early August. I know a few families who used that deal in different years. The deal that came out today only requires a 3 night stay so I don't think it will convince many people to stay longer than they had originally planned. I would think that a large portion of Disney stays are at least 3 nights to begin with.

Last edited:
True, not FD by standards to date, but I am going to bet if it goes well and works, this is what FD will look like from now on. Sad but possibly true. I really hope not.

It may not be "true" free dining, but it gives our family a total of 42 free QS meals during our stay which saves us over $600. That's as good as any room discount we'd get.

I was pleasantly surprised to get an e-mail from my TA at 7:00 a.m. this morning letting me know she applied this deal to our reservation.

ETA: Free dining has been offered through a PIN/UOC code for summer at times. We had free dining during our late June trip in 2011. And up until a year or two ago, there was usually a free dining deal for the general public that would begin in early August. I know a few families who used that deal in different years. The deal that came out today only requires a 4 night stay so I don't think it will convince many people to stay longer than they had originally planned. I would think that a large portion of Disney stays are at least 4 nights to begin with.
No doubt it's definitely a great discount, especially in the summer when the discounts tend to be lacking!

True, not FD by standards to date, but I am going to bet if it goes well and works, this is what FD will look like from now on. Sad but possibly true. I really hope not.
Every year people say they're going to do away with free dining completely and it keeps coming back. But I don't disagree that FD will continue to change. Every year they're making you purchase more to qualify for the FD, only to offer less with the dining package.

No doubt it's definitely a great discount, especially in the summer when the discounts tend to be lacking!

Every year people say they're going to do away with free dining completely and it keeps coming back. But I don't disagree that FD will continue to change. Every year they're making you purchase more to qualify for the FD, only to offer less with the dining package.

I KNOW....lol......It's kind of like me telling a buddy "You won't do it!" lol.

I suck at being on the phone with kids jumping all over me, so I had my husband call and apply the quick service dining plan onto room #2(we have the regular dining plan on room #1, which was discounted). But he misunderstood me and added the discounted TS to #2 instead of the QS. Does this need to be corrected like right now, or can it wait a day or so since we're already booked in the promotion?

Edit: Never mind. I was able to change it online.

Last edited:
How far in advance do they typically announce fall free dining before the date that you can actually book it?

Hi everyone! We went in November 2014 and the Free Dining was so amazing. We are hoping to go back this November. We have two children so we usually can find something fairly easily because we just need one standard room anywhere :) We are really wanting to take out neighbor boy this trip if at all possible. Does anyone know if they exclude all the rooms that fit 5 people in them from the dining promotion typically? I know POR is usually out... What and how are the pin codes for free dining given out? We stayed at All Star Sports last time and it was great. I know there is a value resort that fits 5 but if I remember correctly that was excluded too.

Hi everyone! We went in November 2014 and the Free Dining was so amazing. We are hoping to go back this November. We have two children so we usually can find something fairly easily because we just need one standard room anywhere :) We are really wanting to take out neighbor boy this trip if at all possible. Does anyone know if they exclude all the rooms that fit 5 people in them from the dining promotion typically? I know POR is usually out... What and how are the pin codes for free dining given out? We stayed at All Star Sports last time and it was great. I know there is a value resort that fits 5 but if I remember correctly that was excluded too.
POR was actually included in the beginning of the free dining dates last year. CBR is usually included for the entire duration, but that was prior to them now accomodating 5 guests. SO we won't know until its released unfortunately! Pin codes are completely random. Pin codes are sent out via e-mail. They used to do mailers, I'm not sure if they still do? As far as we know there is no rhyme or reason as to who gets them. You just gotta be lucky! All-Star Music is the value that has suites and as far as I know they were NOT excluded. But also, Art of Animation suites are included in the free dining as well. But, keep in mind if you go with a value resort you can only get free QS dining plan, where as going to moderate they usually offer free regular dining plan.

.....ewwwww, me neither....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter