2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused-again! When the free dining plan is offered-where does everyone say they saw it? On this thread or on Disboards? If so where on Disboards? And we can update our own reservation online? So it will allow us to 'modify' once the FDP is announced? I know we can cancel and add but not sure about how to do otherwise. I just don't want to miss out as we are going for our 30th anniversary and my granddaughter will be celebrating her 8th birthday as well.

Any and all help is much appreciated!!! Too many questions and not enough coffee! :listen: :coffee:

Per Disney, we would have to call them to change from our dining plan to the free dining plan-if offered.

For those who have pre-booked hoping for FD, there is NO Guarantee that you will be able to change your current package to a FD package.
It all depends on how many rooms Disney would alot for FD packages and if the Resort you booked is one that has rooms for this offer.

That's why it is important NOT to pre-book hoping for FD.

This can lower the chance for Disney to offer FD, because if everyone is already booked, why should Disney need to offer
a special discount to fill rooms?

For those who have pre-booked hoping for FD, there is NO Guarantee that you will be able to change your current package to a FD package.
It all depends on how many rooms Disney would alot for FD packages and if the Resort you booked is one that has rooms for this offer.

This can lower the chance for Disney to offer FD, because if everyone is already booked, why should Disney need to offer

Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts! And some pixie dust! :tinker:

This is nervewracking!!!!:yo-yo: I'm hoping for an October to first week on November offer!!! Since joining the thread, I'd like to upgrade so November would be nice financially!!

True, but since I've already spent over $5000 in airfares I don't like the idea of not having any accommodation locked in.

Hoping to get FD in September! We missed out last year, fingers crossed for this year!

Completed our dining reservations this morning - the week of waking up at 6:00am is over! Didn't get BOG dinner, but will try it for lunch and didn't get ideal times because we have 8 people but I'll keep checking. I was really debating booking ahead of time just to get the 180+10 advantage but now that it's over I'm content to wait until the fall deals are released. Thankfully we are pretty flexible and I'm not going to book air until we have the resort dates nailed down. Based on history I think our check-in date will fall in the FD window but we can move things around if needed. We're planning on POP Century so I'm not super concerned with the FD rooms at that resort filling up either. This next month is going to be killer!

Last edited:
Completed our dining reservations this morning - the week of waking up at 6:00am is over!
I did the same last week but got up at 4:00am :crazy2: every morning!! but it's over with now!!!
Was able to get BOG for lunch one day--first thing I tried at 4 and was only given either 11:30am or 1:30 pm for lunch times available, so I took 11:30am.
Got everything I wanted.:yay:
Now hoping FD will be announce--
:listen::snail:

:flower1: I am here hoping for some pixie dust and free dining for September :flower1:
I was there in September when Free Dining was going on..I chose not to take it. Make sure you compare your options. I booked using a "room only discount" at 25 or 30% discount (can't remember which), and then purchased the disney dining plan myself. I saved a lot of money this way!
Depending on where you're staying- the room I booked was close to $800 per night.. so let's say the discount was only 25% = $200 multiply that by 8 and the "free dining" offer doesn't make sense.

I was there in September when Free Dining was going on..I chose not to take it. Make sure you compare your options. I booked using a "room only discount" at 25 or 30% discount (can't remember which), and then purchased the disney dining plan myself. I saved a lot of money this way!
Depending on where you're staying- the room I booked was close to $800 per night.. so let's say the discount was only 25% = $200 multiply that by 8 and the "free dining" offer doesn't make sense.
I calculated 25% off and it was only about $59.00 per night and we have 3 Adults so FD is much better value for our family. We can't eat for $20 pp per day.

I think my only hope of getting the hubby to consider another trip this year is free dining...crossing my fingers!

I was told to expect to see free dining offered (if it will be) in late April/Early May. I'm seriously stressing over it because it will change how many character dining experiences we do with our son. Especially since I am nervous I will have to do ADRs before they announce. (Planning on going Halloween week)

I was told to expect to see free dining offered (if it will be) in late April/Early May. I'm seriously stressing over it because it will change how many character dining experiences we do with our son. Especially since I am nervous I will have to do ADRs before they announce. (Planning on going Halloween week)

We're going the same week. I'm just going to book ADRs assuming I'll have a dining plan, then I'll just cancel any I don't need if it comes to it.

I've made all of my ADRs one 180 day at a time, so that I would have them made.
I made ADRs last time before I booked Resort with FD. Now to have patience and hope for FD.
It's really not that hard. You do have to input a Credit Card in order to make each ADR.
If all falls through just cancel ADRs and you shouldn't have a charge to your CC.

I've made all of my ADRs one 180 day at a time, so that I would have them made.
I made ADRs last time before I booked Resort with FD. Now to have patience and hope for FD.
It's really not that hard. You do have to input a Credit Card in order to make each ADR.
If all falls through just cancel ADRs and you shouldn't have a charge to your CC.
Just curious, was there anything you couldn't get by doing it one day at a time?

I am waiting as well, hoping they release FD again this year. I really would rather stay on site but the only way it will happen is if we can get free dining... If not we will be in a condo driving back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter