2016 January Check-in Thread

When you check the Maps on the Disneyland website and click on the individual attractions you can see the refurbishment dates:

Autopia: Jan 11 - Apr 28
Jungle Cruise: Jan 11 - May 5
Haunted Mansion: Jan 11 - Jan 21
Soarin: Jan 4 - Jan 23

ChristianR posted this on the April closures thread and I trialed it. Some more official dates

Welcome to the January group. I am split between the Jan and February so I found the last 2 years I did this I was able to learn a lot from the Jan. group and pass my info on to the people going later in the February group.

Thanks! I'm also in the NYE thread, so will pass on any info I can. Though I suspect trips at the beginning of January will be vastly different from those at the end.

well looks like our Jan trip will have the most closures on any trip we have done before! now I am waiting for the PTN dining packages to become available so I can book!!!

Does anyone know if the Starbucks you are here mugs are still available in the parks?

And is there still a lot of Diamond Celebration merch in the parks? I'm hoping for the Minnie plush keychain, a few pins that say diamond celebration, and the Minnie ears (which are online so I'm not worried about those)...

We were there a couple weeks ago and there was still lots of diamond celebration merchandise! I dont specifically remember seeing a minnie plush keychain but I wasn't looking for it either. As for Starbucks they had the Diamond celebration mug for sure and the Christmas IASW mug for sure. I dont know if they have the normal DL and DCA one cause I wasn't looking for that one.

Joining in... we'll be there from 12/26 - 1/3, staying at the CCI. We're really looking forward to ringing in the new year at our happy place! We're prepared for rain, crowds, whatever. :)

Had to start my countdown over since my trip this week had to be cancelled. We are now planning to be there 1/3 - 1/8 staying at the Tropicana. At least I'll still get in on some of the holiday magic!

Had to start my countdown over since my trip this week had to be cancelled. We are now planning to be there 1/3 - 1/8 staying at the Tropicana. At least I'll still get in on some of the holiday magic!

Glad you could reschedule. Welcome

When you check the Maps on the Disneyland website and click on the individual attractions you can see the refurbishment dates:

Autopia: Jan 11 - Apr 28
Jungle Cruise: Jan 11 - May 5
Haunted Mansion: Jan 11 - Jan 21
Soarin: Jan 4 - Jan 23

ChristianR posted this on the April closures thread and I trialed it. Some more official dates
I'm not seeing that anywhere---how do you find it? When I click on the individual attraction, I can't find where it says anything about refurbishment closures.

We will be there Jan 28-Feb 1. We will only be doing Disney for a day. We're staying at the Seal Beach Hampton Inn. :woohoo: So glad we renewed our APs. :teeth:

I just booked airfare and hotel for January 9-13th! So excited! I really didn't think that I was going to be able to swing it but I finally bit the bullet and booked. :) I still need to figure out transportation for while we are there. Hopefully the car rentals are going to come down a bit. I am so excited. I guess I need to back up and read the whole thread to see what is going on.

I just booked airfare and hotel for January 9-13th! So excited! I really didn't think that I was going to be able to swing it but I finally bit the bullet and booked. :) I still need to figure out transportation for while we are there. Hopefully the car rentals are going to come down a bit. I am so excited. I guess I need to back up and read the whole thread to see what is going on.
Welcome! Always hard to take the first step but so fun!

Hard to believe it is less than a month for a good portion of our group! It is going to go fast with the Holidays! How is the planning going?

We are thinking of doing the WOC package at Carthay Circle on Monday Jan 11th. We usually go in summer and make reservations ahead of time. Do you think we can just walk up for it instead this time? I've never been in Jan and I think it must be less crowded than summer, but then it seems DLR is more busy this year than ever.

Welcome! Always hard to take the first step but so fun!
Thnks PoohBearFriends! My mind is trying to wrap itself around the idea that we do get one final trip on our ap's. This is likely going to be our last trip for years so I would really like to figure out exactly what I would like to accomplish. Obviously some things need to be prioritized for the first two days. :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter