2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Good for you!! I'm still procrastinating! The darn prices are steep! Good luck with your long this weekend! I was thinking about attempting today but we shall see!

I felt like they were steep too! By extending our stay a day, we were able to get much cheaper flights AND fly direct both days, which makes a huge difference! Good luck!!!

I booked my flights awhile back and they were PRICEY! Thankfully I had a travel voucher to use. Now I'm on the hunt for a good deal on a car rental! :scratchin

Good luck w that, I booked car way back when and I've seen nothing but dbl price since I booked

I booked my flights awhile back and they were PRICEY! Thankfully I had a travel voucher to use. Now I'm on the hunt for a good deal on a car rental! :scratchin

Finding the right time to book flights is hard! Are you staying off-site this time? Or just prefer to not use the buses?

Good luck w that, I booked car way back when and I've seen nothing but dbl price since I booked
Yeah, from yesterday to today the price has gone up $100+ :headache: I wish I'd just booked yesterday!
Finding the right time to book flights is hard! Are you staying off-site this time? Or just prefer to not use the buses?
On-site but I LOVE having a car at WDW. :) Saves so much time and gives me so much freedom!

I got a great deal on my flight a few months ago. Just under $300 roundtrip (coming from SFO... I wanted OAK, but the prices were $100-200 more than SFO during the sale Southwest was having =/). It helps I'm going for two weeks, though, and had the luxury to watch prices and pick the cheapest days.

Random question. I'm doing spreadsheets trying to decide if it's better to just use my friend's CM guest entries for WDW or if upgrading to Premier might be better considering a couple purchases I know I'm making. So I'm comparing discounts, Photopass, and possible future trips (considering doing Dopey again in 2018 and my pass would still be good).

The only discount I'm having trouble confirming with my searches is the Expo AP discount. With my Sig+, I got 10% merch discount at Expo during WDW Marathon weekend last year. I got 20% during Tink (which is my standard merch discount). Is it just a straight 10% at Expo regardless of which coast your pass is for or is there a greater discount for having a WDW valid pass?

Hey I know someone staying there! ;)

I haven't stayed there yet for a race weekend, but I think the advantage of staying there - my *guess* - is that you would get less bus sharing. Like Kidani and Jambo would share a bus, but you wouldn't stop at any other resorts. :confused3

That was our assumption. I just didn't think waiting until 1030a for a bus was a good use of time. I'd rather uber and get to the lines early for the merch. Our flight lands at 6am on Thursday so.... no luck getting into a room so might as well get some breakfast st the Kilimanjaro Club (we have Club!) and then head to the expo.

That was our assumption. I just didn't think waiting until 1030a for a bus was a good use of time. I'd rather uber and get to the lines early for the merch. Our flight lands at 6am on Thursday so.... no luck getting into a room so might as well get some breakfast st the Kilimanjaro Club (we have Club!) and then head to the expo.
I love AKL! We own there and mostly stay club level! Breakfast is my favorite time in the club lounge. We were there for W&D but since I just signed up for PHM 11/15 that wasn't happening! lol. I was able to snag Saratoga Springs for $280 a night last minute so I thought that was a bargain!! I digress! Lol.

@TeeterTots - we got some pixie dust to enjoy the room. Our room at Coronado Springs business class had a problem (Renovation?) so Disney complementary moved us to AKL with a Savannah view and club. We've stayed at kidani before and are excited to enjoy Jambo house.

Plus it's at the Coronado springs rate so doing this for 66% off the published rates is kind of fun!!

@TeeterTots - we got some pixie dust to enjoy the room. Our room at Coronado Springs business class had a problem (Renovation?) so Disney complementary moved us to AKL with a Savannah view and club. We've stayed at kidani before and are excited to enjoy Jambo house.

Plus it's at the Coronado springs rate so doing this for 66% off the published rates is kind of fun!!
That's amazing!!! You'll love it! Enjoy!!! Let me know if you have any questions!

That's amazing!!! You'll love it! Enjoy!!! Let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you!! My only goal is to get into the lounge right at arrival and eat breakfast. Long overnight flight is long. ;)

We are going to be "classy" and grab an extra bagel or snacks with ziplock bags for the races. We also are bringing big freezer bags for ice! Lots of icing after the runs.

We are really excited about this race weekend. It sort of has taken over the excitement from this weekends Star Wars race.

Thank you!! My only goal is to get into the lounge right at arrival and eat breakfast. Long overnight flight is long. ;)

We are going to be "classy" and grab an extra bagel or snacks with ziplock bags for the races. We also are bringing big freezer bags for ice! Lots of icing after the runs.

We are really excited about this race weekend. It sort of has taken over the excitement from this weekends Star Wars race.
That's a great idea! No shame in that! That's what it's there for!! So jealous!!! I was booked in a pool view but saw the SSR pop up so I jumped on it. $110/nt savings!

Oh so costume update! I ordered a tickled pink "cape" at least this is what sparkle skirts calls them. I prefer cloak, because that what I'm wearing it as. I know Belles cloak is red with the pink dress but I'm trying to be consistent. May wear a white fur headband or white furry pom Pom hair band too. This is for the 5K. I think the cape may bug me. Oh and I ordered a storybook yellow skirt for my blue stained glass and rose shirt for the half. I'll try to post pics.

Have any of you done the Shadow box type displays for your races? Do you suggest Fond memories or Last commenatives/ I basically want Medal/bib, picture is bonus

DH and I did use Lasting commemoratives in 2013 for our coast to coast and thought they did a fine job. You can look around and see what else might be out there and do some price checking.

All of these costume ideas sound great. I'm finalizing my costumes this weekend, depending if Sparkle Skirts has the light blue skirt on stock. Ariel, Elsa, and Snow White will be a "go".

I got a great deal on my flight a few months ago. Just under $300 roundtrip (coming from SFO... I wanted OAK, but the prices were $100-200 more than SFO during the sale Southwest was having =/). It helps I'm going for two weeks, though, and had the luxury to watch prices and pick the cheapest days.

Random question. I'm doing spreadsheets trying to decide if it's better to just use my friend's CM guest entries for WDW or if upgrading to Premier might be better considering a couple purchases I know I'm making. So I'm comparing discounts, Photopass, and possible future trips (considering doing Dopey again in 2018 and my pass would still be good).

The only discount I'm having trouble confirming with my searches is the Expo AP discount. With my Sig+, I got 10% merch discount at Expo during WDW Marathon weekend last year. I got 20% during Tink (which is my standard merch discount). Is it just a straight 10% at Expo regardless of which coast your pass is for or is there a greater discount for having a WDW valid pass?

Standard at WDW is 10% BUT this is 45th annv. year and I believe we get 20%. Plus they have discounts on food places and you can buy a Tables in Wonderland card for 100.00 which gets you 20% discount, includes tip at MOST WDW TS INCLUDING Alcohol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter