2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

Was planning to walk or take a cab. Looks like a straight shot, but I wasn't sure about the area.
Thanks for the help!

The area is basically fine, day or night. You'll be on the same side of Harbor as the parks. But the hotel is at least a mile south of the parks, so if the weather is hot or if your costumes are fancy, Uber, Lyft, or a cab are good options.

The area is basically fine, day or night. You'll be on the same side of Harbor as the parks. But the hotel is at least a mile south of the parks, so if the weather is hot or if your costumes are fancy, Uber, Lyft, or a cab are good options.
Totally agree- it's not the safety as much as the tired potential.

I ordered my ticket for September 29th party. I'm going 4 times this year, September 29th, October 6th, October 17th and October 20th. I decided to do Friday parties this so I can rest up on the weekend after the parties. I do have one Tuesday party though

We stayed at Hyatt Regency last October. They had a shuttle, it was $7 per day, on time, reliable and very convenient!
It is shared with Marriott Suites correct? Leaves every half hour. $7 for all day pass. Sounds like a good deal. I read that they leave before Magic Morning (so Saturdays, Tuesdays, Thursdays?) days start. What was the earliest that you took that shuttle?

This is my first time posting on the board! I will be going to the MHP on October 13th, and am trying to figure out a game plan for the day. I am just doing the party, not regular admission so I know things like FP may be difficult/impossible to get. Does anyone know where the schedule for the night is located? I tried reading through this thread, but there are so many posts lol.

Sorry Rlp-thought I quoted to tag you---he shuttle was exclusive for Hyatt Regency guests. We did MM one day, I believe it left a full hour before MM opening, not 100% sure about the time but we were there with plenty of time to be on Main Street for rope drop. We always stayed on property but our stay at Hyatt Regency was so spectacular, we are going back in Septemeber. It's very clean and up to date, lots of amenities, convenient and great customer service. Enjoy!

This is my first time posting on the board! I will be going to the MHP on October 13th, and am trying to figure out a game plan for the day. I am just doing the party, not regular admission so I know things like FP may be difficult/impossible to get. Does anyone know where the schedule for the night is located? I tried reading through this thread, but there are so many posts lol.
I don't think there is a schedule. You probably won't get the schedule until you enter the party. You will be able to enter the parks 3 hours before the party starts and you can park hop. They will give you a trick or treat map that will also list the times for the parade and the fireworks.

Congrats on your first post! People will post the schedule for the parade and fireworks and maps after they have attended the first parties. Just hang out here like the rest of us who are waiting to hear what this years party entails☺

Sorry Rlp-thought I quoted to tag you---he shuttle was exclusive for Hyatt Regency guests. We did MM one day, I believe it left a full hour before MM opening, not 100% sure about the time but we were there with plenty of time to be on Main Street for rope drop. We always stayed on property but our stay at Hyatt Regency was so spectacular, we are going back in Septemeber. It's very clean and up to date, lots of amenities, convenient and great customer service. Enjoy!
I have the Marriott Suites booked and I thought they were in that same area of the Hyatt R. The Marriott has a shuttle it shares with one other hotel, but didn't know which one. I hope the Marriott's leaves that early too! I'll check out the Hyatt if we like the location of the Marriott Suites well enough (got MS for 55 a night). Thanks for the info!

Like others said, we won't know the schedule until parties start. Even then they can and will change times (like parades, characters, etc). I've never tried to get FPs using a party ticket (always had an AP), but I would probably just not do FPs altogether. They would only be available for the 3 hrs where the park is open to regular and party guests. And during the party there will be such short lines they won't be available or needed.

Will you be going to the parks other days or is this your only day? If it's your only day you may want to check out California Adventure for all the new Halloween stuff during those hours (of course it could be pretty crowded with lots of party goers doing that). That would allow you to spend the whole party time in DL.

When it comes to the party itself once details and schedules are released you should decide what your priorities are. Do you want to see rare characters? If so, you'll need to be prepared for long lines. Trick or treating? Wait until after the first hour or so-the lines can be longer at the start but will be empty later, so don't waste time in a long treat trail. Rides? So short! We virtually walked onto Space Mountain and that was right after the party started. Make sure to watch the parade and fireworks-second parade is much less crowded, but you should absolutely make sure you are in front of the castle for the fireworks (they have things flying over that are best seen from the front). Cadaver dans are also on rafts in the Rivers of America, so it is cool to see!

We will also be there October 13th! Rain won't be a concern like Florida, but you may want to think about a sweater, because after dark it can get chilly in SoCal!

I don't think there is a schedule. You probably won't get the schedule until you enter the party. You will be able to enter the parks 3 hours before the party starts and you can park hop. They will give you a trick or treat map that will also list the times for the parade and the fireworks.

Congrats on your first post! People will post the schedule for the parade and fireworks and maps after they have attended the first parties. Just hang out here like the rest of us who are waiting to hear what this years party entails☺

Like others said, we won't know the schedule until parties start. Even then they can and will change times (like parades, characters, etc). I've never tried to get FPs using a party ticket (always had an AP), but I would probably just not do FPs altogether. They would only be available for the 3 hrs where the park is open to regular and party guests. And during the party there will be such short lines they won't be available or needed.

Will you be going to the parks other days or is this your only day? If it's your only day you may want to check out California Adventure for all the new Halloween stuff during those hours (of course it could be pretty crowded with lots of party goers doing that). That would allow you to spend the whole party time in DL.

When it comes to the party itself once details and schedules are released you should decide what your priorities are. Do you want to see rare characters? If so, you'll need to be prepared for long lines. Trick or treating? Wait until after the first hour or so-the lines can be longer at the start but will be empty later, so don't waste time in a long treat trail. Rides? So short! We virtually walked onto Space Mountain and that was right after the party started. Make sure to watch the parade and fireworks-second parade is much less crowded, but you should absolutely make sure you are in front of the castle for the fireworks (they have things flying over that are best seen from the front). Cadaver dans are also on rafts in the Rivers of America, so it is cool to see!

We will also be there October 13th! Rain won't be a concern like Florida, but you may want to think about a sweater, because after dark it can get chilly in SoCal!

Thanks for all the tips and info! I'll wait and be patient (ugh so hard, I'm too excited,lol) and see what others report from the first parties. I've been to DL and DCA several times, and live in LA, so this won't be my first time going to the parks. I've just never done the Halloween party. Im hoping that ride lines are short, but if I miss a ride I'll probably be back in December around Christmas to do them.

While things are subject to change, they have posted some of the entertainment scheduled on the daily calendar for Disneyland. At this point, regardless of the day, the schedule looks the same for MHP (which would be consistent with for things we're last year).
8:50 pm and 10:30 pm - Frightfully Fun Parade
8:40 pm and 10:40 pm - Headless Horseman
9:30 pm - Halloween Screams Fireworks
7:00 pm, 8:00 pm, 9:00 pm, 10:00 pm and 10:45 pm - Cadaver Dans

Other things, like the character meet and greets, happen throughout the party, so there aren't any specific times listed.

Hyatt Regency. Looks like it is near Harbor, 2 large intersections south of Katella.

I would definitely take a cab or Uber. I, personally, wouldn't feel as comfortable walking that far south by myself. While the area is mostly safe, we've seen some interesting (to say the least) occurrences that would make me feel a little apprehensive about walking back so late at night alone. For $10 (or less), it's worth your safety/convenience! :flower:

I ordered my ticket for September 29th party. I'm going 4 times this year, September 29th, October 6th, October 17th and October 20th. I decided to do Friday parties this so I can rest up on the weekend after the parties. I do have one Tuesday party though

We're going to the same Halloween party - the 29th!

We're going to the same Halloween party - the 29th!
I agree. Besides the tired factor, I wouldn't want to walk that far from the parks that late at night, particularily alone or with kids. There are many homeless people around. I am sure they are harmless but you never know. Other than people sleeping on the ground near the bus stops, I haven't seen anything interesting, but caution is always advised.

EDIT: I thought I was replying to minnieralyks's other post! sorry for the screw up.

Last edited:
Hi all! I recently learned the horrible news-Disney doesnt want my money after all and so they wont be bringing back the poison apple stein for MNSSHP at WDW this year :confused3. Ok ok many little bit of hyperbole there but the end result is the same, no apple cup for me...unless...does anyone know if they will have the it at the MHP at DL this year?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter