2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each restaurant not disney owned signs their own contract. It is usual now for the process to take a bit. I have yet to see a restaurant not sign, w the exception of the swolphin restaurants. They have never participated

What will be some of the best specialty drinks that you can get with the 2018 DDP? For those who really don't drink and for kids, what do you think will be the best drinks that will be offered and at what locations?

I like the thoughts of getting a smoothie by the pool if available and just using the refillable mug for a drink with the CS meal.

True we don’t know, but many menus already list specialty drinks. I would think any of those, that don’t come in souvenir cups, would be eligible.

I just wonder if they would let you use your mug at the resort counter service locations, then get your drink at the pool bars? I guess only time will tell though.

There are a couple drinks that will likely qualify at Skipper Canteen. However, when we went last year, they applied those as drinks as part of our DxDP.

There are a couple drinks that will likely qualify at Skipper Canteen. However, when we went last year, they applied those as drinks as part of our DxDP.

In our experience with the DDP (old experience, since we haven't used it since 2009), we were able to get the milk shakes and smoothies with the regular DDP and QSDP at all the places we asked, so the specialty drink part of the 2018 plan does not really seem like a bonus to me. The only specialties I've never seen eligible are the ones in souvenir cups or with glow straws/ice. So if they include those, it will definitely be a bonus.

In our experience with the DDP (old experience, since we haven't used it since 2009), we were able to get the milk shakes and smoothies with the regular DDP and QSDP at all the places we asked, so the specialty drink part of the 2018 plan does not really seem like a bonus to me. The only specialties I've never seen eligible are the ones in souvenir cups or with glow straws/ice. So if they include those, it will definitely be a bonus.
They don’t include the souvenir cups but do include alcohol for adults.

I just wonder if they would let you use your mug at the resort counter service locations, then get your drink at the pool bars? I guess only time will tell though.

This definitely will not happen. Your beverage is part of your meal, there is no option to split the meal into different times or venues

We arrive on Jan 2, and have DxDP, so i’ll Know more soon. I wonder if we can use our DD’s drink as a mommy drink if she drinks water

Are you planning on also ordering? Cm have reported they are being trained one speciality drink per person, so mom can't have 2 while Susie drinks water

I am so excited to hear what we can and cannot get! Happy New Years everyone! March cannot come soon enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter