2018 Free Dining Watch Thread V3

Does anyone know why my account is defaulting to Canada? I booked the summer offer awhile back and I called to make a small change to people in the room when the cast member informed me I booked under a Canadian offer and almost seemed to “tsk” at me or this as if I was trying to be shady. It was a completely honest mistake because I did see something about Canada come out once or twice (and I couldn’t figure out why but now I see that little Canada thing up top) and I backed all the way out of it but I didn’t know what to do. Finally, it let me go through without asking for a Canadian address so I thought the problem was solved. Now I’m logging in all the time and notice that it keeps thinking I am in Canada. My profile clearly states the United States so what is going on? I just don’t want to do that by accident because the cast member gave me all sorts of dire warnings about the consequences.

Click where it says "Canada (English)" at the top of the WDW website and then select "United States (English)".

I'm going crazy! I cant wait for this offer to drop and no more stressing. Lol my dbf thinks I'm crazy for doing all this. But I tell him "hey it's saving money"! He is use to the Disneyland ways where there isn't the need to book dining reservations 6 months out, fastpasses 60 days out and the park hours aren't out till like a month or two a head of time. Disneyland is a totally different way of doing things. I tell him to leave all the Disney World planning to me! If it were up to him we would have no ADR's or FP+ reservations. Personally I love all this planning with my notes and folders. It's what i've always done. :crazy:

So I see someone said from 12am to 7am. What is the earliest FD has ever been released(EST)? The earliest I have remember hearing before I think was 3:30(maybe 4) am. I have my alarm set for 4 am. Really hoping I don't need earlier than that, was up from 1:45 to 7:45 this morning in case it got released last night.

Thanks! Yes I’ve done that but I’m just worried I might miss it at 2 am when I’m trying to get this offer. Sigh.
This happened to me as well. Had to completely reset browser data to resolve. That said, going to whatever form of private browsing your browse does should also be a temporary fix. Just know you’ll need to sign back into your account either way so be sure you know your password/do this well in advance.

Can't seem to figure out how to load my Disney Visa in MDE without making a payment. Is there a way to do this or do I have to make a $20 payment?
Go to your MDE, click on "my profile", then scroll down to "payment method" add it there and your all ready!

So I see someone said from 12am to 7am. What is the earliest FD has ever been released(EST)? The earliest I have remember hearing before I think was 3:30(maybe 4) am. I have my alarm set for 4 am. Really hoping I don't need earlier than that, was up from 1:45 to 7:45 this morning in case it got released last night.

Years ago it went live some time after midnight (by accident maybe?). Some people were able to book, but then the offer disappeared again for a few hours.

I really think it might go live tomorrow between 4am and 6am. Just a guess though.

Shame it's such a crapshoot as to what time it will drop, I was up all night last night too lol.

My trip is booked from 9-4 to 9-11 in a Pop Standard room with the hopper and QS DP. Seeing that I'm already booked, does that make it anymore likely that I'll definitely get it?

Has anyone who has met the availability of FD ever been denied due to them only offering so many of a certain room at a resort?

It doesn't help much. Last year I was on when it dropped, I had change my reservation to an ASMu suite from a CBR room for 5 to get FD. Then a few days later, a room for 5 at CBR opened and I was able to change it.

In 2014 it released at midnight. So in 2015 a bunch of us stayed up and were bummed when it didn't drop at midnight. Went to bed and woke at 4:30 and it had just dropped! Same time in 2016 and then 2017 it was 5:30. So they really like to keep us guessing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter