2020 Tropical Storms/Hurricanes

I've been through 5-6 tropical storms and some where more damaging than a hurricane (combination of wet, flooded areas with sustained 50-73 MPH winds for hours and hours).

The projection, and I use the term loosely right now, is that the east side of the storm might come right up the middle of the state. The forecasters I follow indicate this is where tornado activity is much higher.
Also, because of rotation, the East side of a big storm always gets the worst of it (wind/flooding/etc)

Also, because of rotation, the East side of a big storm always gets the worst of it (wind/flooding/etc)
For those of you not accustomed to tropical storm/hurricane terminology, the east side is often called the “dirty” side for that reason.

For those of you not accustomed to tropical storm/hurricane terminology, the east side is often called the “dirty” side for that reason.

Right, but that also usually applies for when the storm is nice and organized. As of now, this is pretty unorganized so the stronger parts may easily not be on the east side as much. Looking at the Satellite, it looks like it's mostly directly north of it at the moment.

Not to say it won't be the case, but if it doesn't tighten up, even if it makes landfall at the current projection, we could still end up getting barely anything

South Floridian here, looking forward to some wind this weekend! Though it'll be hot wind. :crazy2:

Go home HWFI model, you're drunk

09L_intensity_latest.png

I hate the, you know, destructive and potentially lethal aspect of Hurricane’s...but I love hurricane season. Maybe I’m a sociopath, but I find big storm coverage fascinating.

Literally told someone this today.

I originally went to school for Meteorology in hopes to work at the National Hurricane Center one day. Love hurricanes, love studying them, etc. Unfortunately Calculus 2 and Physics got in my way.

I hate the, you know, destructive and potentially lethal aspect of Hurricane’s...but I love hurricane season. Maybe I’m a sociopath, but I find big storm coverage fascinating.
I agree, except when you're in the cone of uncertainty. I used to not care about that either until I had a kid. It's cool to watch the weather change. I remember swimming in giant waves off the gulf (in hindsight very dangerous) while Katrina was rolling up to Louisiana.

It’s unexpectedly one of my favorite things about moving here. By the end of spring I couldn’t wait for the daily thunderstorms to get here. I just love the huge gusts of winds that preceded them and just watching the downpour from the balcony.

I’m a weather nerd and love hurricane season. Now if a cat 3 or up is headed my way I get nervous, but overall it’s exciting. And yes I was displaced because of Katrina. I still find hurricanes fascinating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter