2021 Pensacola Summer Beach vacation EXPENSIVE

Just venting...

We usually cruise during the summer but since cruises departing from the states are a no go right now we decided to check out a beach vacation. We are looking to drive Pensacola beach and stay a week in a resort, hotel or condo. I've been looking the last two weeks. It's crazy expensive. The Summer rates are insane.. Various prices but average is around $3000+ a week once you add in all the taxes and fees.. We even decided to look in Perdido and orange Beach. They're just as expensive.

I'm ready to tell my DH let's just fly to Orlando. We have plenty of AA credits for our flight. For $3000 we could book something offsite and have money for food and Universal Studios. We already have two 2 day WDW passes.

We enjoy Pensacola but I don't know if we're going this year.

DECISIONS, DECISIONS!
You are not wrong! We're stopping for 2 nights in Fort Walton on our way to WDW. We are using our Wyndham vacation points because the prices for itty bitty condos/hotel rooms where our group of 6 will share the same bathroom are insane.
Last summer, we rented a cabin on Little Pigeon River (near Flint Rock) in Pigeon Forge and it was an awesome Covid-safe vacation. We had the water right there, the kids loved swimming in the river, beautiful views from our porch, and awesome outings. If you're on the fence, it's.a thought. Best wishes!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter