2023 Dream Aulani Trip

Follow up: Do I attempt to rent someone’s DVC points for Aulani? Or since it’s our first trip & were clueless, go through Disney itself...
My folks are original DVC members at OKW but they’re saving points for a 2 week, villa getaway for their anniversary. (I’m bitter; who are they to actually make ME pay for a vacation?! Lol)

I would suggest renting DVC points for 3 reasons:

1. It's usually cheaper, even with discounts on cash rooms.
2. Having a 1 bedroom allows you to really cooking, saving a lot of money.
3. Staying on points, including rented points, gets you free self-parking. If you paid cash to Disney, even for a DVC room, parking is $37/day.

I would suggest renting DVC points for 3 reasons:

1. It's usually cheaper, even with discounts on cash rooms.
2. Having a 1 bedroom allows you to really cooking, saving a lot of money.
3. Staying on points, including rented points, gets you free self-parking. If you paid cash to Disney, even for a DVC room, parking is $37/day.
Aulani's cash-versus-points value fluctuates pretty dramatically, especially during low season. A 1BR will still result in savings, but less than a studio or 2BR. If I wanted to cook, I'd probably do 1BR but pay cash.

On parking, it's worth noting that valet parking and self-parking are the same price, and that points reservations only get you free self-parking.

Cash: $37 self, $37 valet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter