2024 Candlelight Processionals…. When does WDW usually reveal the dates?

WalkingintheFog

DIS Veteran
Lots of opinions on the dates that this will occur for 2024, but could anyone tell me when WDW announces the actual date(s)?
(I’m not so much interested in WHO, or the various packages, or when those are released)

tia!

Last edited:
Err, I think ye’ve misunderstood the question……… at least I hope ye have!

We are relatively certain the Candlelight Processional will happen… and dates are prob similar to last year. We don’t really care who the narrators will be at this point
We are wondering when will Disney actually provide the 2024 dates?

Err, I think ye’ve misunderstood the question……… at least I hope ye have!

We are relatively certain the Candlelight Processional will happen… and dates are prob similar to last year. We don’t really care who the narrators will be at this point
We are wondering when will Disney actually provide the 2024 dates?

As @scrappinginontario said, Disney will typically release this information in October.

Man, that seems awfully late giving all the advance planning many of us need to do to get to Disney!
Yes, I guess you just have to plan based on what Disney has done for years past -
Typically the day after Thanksgiving to December 30th.
Since you said
(I’m not so much interested in WHO, or the various packages, or when those are released)
you can assume that the first performance will be Friday, November 29, and that there will be performances every night through December 30, for purposes of planning "to get to Disney!"

Man, that seems awfully late giving all the advance planning many of us need to do to get to Disney!

Well considering it's only February and there's still 2 festivals to go, one which they've only provided minimum info about and it starts in a couple weeks and one where they haven't even released dates for, I wouldn't be expecting dates to be released until well into the fall.

Please let them provide information on events happening prior to that. 🙃

The 2023 festival of the holidays was announced in mid-June last year. The announcement (below) included a start and end date for the festival and named some things that would be included like Candlelight, the storytellers, food booths but had no other details. I feel like the dates for this festival, more than any others, are fairly standard given it doesn't start until after Thanksgiving and I believe has always ended 12/30. American Thanksgiving is Thursday 11/28 this year. They could always switch it up a little but I think you'd be fine planning on anytime in December, prior to the 30th.

2023 initial announcement: (Thanksgiving was 11/23 last year)​
EPCOT will celebrate with the return of Candlelight Processional as part of the EPCOT International Festival of the Holidays Nov. 24 through Dec. 30. Other guest-favorite traditions including storytellers from around the world, joyful musical acts, and Holiday Kitchens return to World Showcase for the festival.

Isn't it always every night from the day after Thanksgiving through December 30? Any reason it would be different this year after decades of being the same?

You'll have lots of time still to make plans. Just book your trip during the regular CLP weeks and adjust where you go when once it's officially released. When we went last year we had to have park reservations for EPCOT before it was even announced. Now that was complicated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter