$25 Airtran Coupon Giveaway

Unless you use a voucher then it would be only 4+ credits (one voucher) for both legs.

Correct, if you are upgrading using A+ credits then it is 4 credit total for both legs. Paying the fee it is two fees for two legs.

That would be awesome if I could check in before the 24 hour mark. Flight takes off at 8:00 on a Saturday. At 8:00 on Friday, I had hoped to be on my way to the Magic Kingdome for the Morning Celebration. I will definitely try to check in earlier.

I may also have to try upgrading for the first leg on the way down. If I can do that AND they will waive the baggage fees, my "fuzzy" math tells me it would only cost an extra $9. My flight down takes off at 5:50 a.m. and I would love to catch a nap between the Quad Cities and Atlanta.

YOu can't really checkin more in advance of 24 hours, just upgrade to business class paying the fee. I don't think they actually check you in though. I don't have experience with this. You would have to check out this thread at FlyerTalk. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airtran-airways-rewards/955615-upgrading-business-class-exact-time-reference.html

If I booked a flight using one of these $25 coupons, can I use another $25 coupon to upgrade to Business Class when I check in?

This isn't entirely true......Though if you are trying to use two on the same reservation, it probably won't work.
Sorry but this is entirely true, if you have 3 people on the reservation it will automatically say you have reached the maximum number of coupons/codes for this flight after you have typed in 3 codes.
The online system only allows you to type in one coupon/code per person per reservation. It will however allow you to type in a credit voucher number or gift certificate.

People have used them for separate one way flights.
Yes, I have done this myself several times but they are separate reservations otherwise I would have stopped flying them a long time ago if I was only allowed 1 coupon in my lifetime. :hippie:

Sorry but this is entirely true, if you have 3 people on the reservation it will automatically say you have reached the maximum number of coupons/codes for this flight after you have typed in 3 codes.
The online system only allows you to type in one coupon/code per person per reservation. It will however allow you to type in a credit voucher number or gift certificate.

This is at the time of the initial reservation only. There may not be any additional limitation when using it at the counter when checking in.

Yes, I have done this myself several times but they are separate reservations otherwise I would have stopped flying them a long time ago if I was only allowed 1 coupon in my lifetime. :hippie:

The T&C clearly state one coupon per person (that would indicate per offer not per life time, the current Sunshine offer). However that isn't true. It is one per person per flight. However the person wanting to use them to upgrade will be using them at a different time than when they made the reservation. So it could still be possible if you were able to use them for upgrades.

OP again...just moving this back up so people can see. Seems there are still people out there who missed this one :confused3

:surfweb:

Just wondering - has anyone tried to use the coupon for a flight past the coupon deadline? I was trying to book for late January and it *appeared* to accept my coupons.....but I am having trouble completing the transaction. Immediately you would think "it's because of the coupon" right? But wait....I have had similar trouble each and every time I try and book on the Air Tran website, and I think it has something to do with a Canadian address, so I am not entirely convinced these coupons cannot be used for a flight past the cut off date indicated. Just wondering if anyone has tried? If you have and were not able to book, then I have my answer that in fact it is me trying to be sneaking that is causing me not to be able to book! ;)

i signed up for some of the coupons, but they still have not came yet

If you previously did this with the same email address, you won't get them. You have to create one email address for each coupon you want to receive.

Just wondering - has anyone tried to use the coupon for a flight past the coupon deadline? I was trying to book for late January and it *appeared* to accept my coupons.....but I am having trouble completing the transaction. Immediately you would think "it's because of the coupon" right? But wait....I have had similar trouble each and every time I try and book on the Air Tran website, and I think it has something to do with a Canadian address, so I am not entirely convinced these coupons cannot be used for a flight past the cut off date indicated. Just wondering if anyone has tried? If you have and were not able to book, then I have my answer that in fact it is me trying to be sneaking that is causing me not to be able to book! ;)

Yes, I tried it for February flights, and it initially accepted the coupon but kept giving me an error in the final processing of my payment. Before I realized it, in trying to get the payment to process, I had booked the flight without the coupon, so be careful.

Yes, I tried it for February flights, and it initially accepted the coupon but kept giving me an error in the final processing of my payment. Before I realized it, in trying to get the payment to process, I had booked the flight without the coupon, so be careful.

Thanks for the heads up! That sounds like what was happening to me. I just checked AirTran and no bookings are showing up, however my paypal is showing 'pending' (I tried to pay via Paypal to see if that would work) so I will continue to keep an eye on it. Appreciate the info! :thumbsup2

I finally got my vouchers they just took awhile to get into my email.

I tried to book a flight with them, and got a page that said confirmation and i would be getting an email shortly, however i also got on the same page error processing payment. So i called to see if it went through and the cm told me that it didn't to go try again. The same thing happened 2nd time also. I am not showing a charge on my debit card, but if it does go through i will have 2 tickets for each person.

Thanks to all the wonderful folks here on the Dis, we are so thrilled to have saved $200 on our flights and were able to save $48 by booking through kayak.com and choosing our seats for no charge! :woohoo: :yay:

Thank-you DIs!!!!:love:

Are people finding they can still use these to upgrade to Business class? Could someone please explain in detail how they have used these coupon codes for an upgrade?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter