2nd Post - Which hotel for children - HRH or PBH??

suttonsammie

Earning My Ears
My first post got lost so I'll ask again. Which hotel would be better for children, ages 4 &8? I have the HRH reserved for $167 and the PBH for $150 so price really isn't a concern. If anyone's been to either/both I need your opinion. Thanks.

Eileen

Hi, suttonsammie:

I have stayed at the Hard Rock, not the Portofino and my son, now 9, LOVED it! It's a constant drone for us to go back, which we will, in April.

There are lots of posts and info on the Universal/IOA Board. Join us there!
:D

My teen and I stayed at the HRH and loved every minute of it. We saw many families with young children there, too. When are you going? The new Royal Pacific opens in July, I believe, and has somme grand opening specials going on.

Herc.

If you got the Portofino for $150...take it...your whole family will love it!

We have stayed at HRH and my 16 year old loved it. I did not care for it. I like rock music but it is played everywhere and the only peace you can get is in your room. The gardens were beautiful but I was unable to enjoy it due to throbbing loud music. One a good note, The rooms were nice and our bathroom was huge. This year we are trying PBH.

Last summer, we stayed at HRH, but swam at PBH, and checked it out in general. I hated the PBH pool -- very little landscaping, and all of that rock and stone seemed to reflect the intense sunlight -- made the heat just about unbearable. The HRH pool, on the other hand, is lushly landscaped; the layout is much better, too. I couldn't comment on the rooms, since I didn't see them -- but the entire layout of PBH seemed awkward and hard to navigate.

HRH is adjacent to Unversal, too -- a huge bonus, IMHO. Yes, PBH is across the (very busy) street, but when it's 98 deg. outside, every extra step is too many. There were plenty of famlies, too -- HRH seems to have a reputation of a party or singles-type place, but that's not the case. Just a pleasant,well-run place!

You don't need to take the long walk from the parks to PBH. You can catch the shuttle bus or the water taxi. The shuttle bus is usually less crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter