3 Bedroom Villas

LindsayHD

Mouseketeer
Hi All! :cool1:

Given every consideration, what is everyone's favorite 3 bedroom villa and why?

Myself and my adult family currently have a 3 bedroom villa booked at Old Key West, our home resort, near the hospitality house for a week long stay in September. I am getting married at Disney at that time and need a place for the bridesmaids to get ready before the wedding plus where myself and my family to stay. We are having our reception at the Grand Floridian so anywhere on the monorail is fine. A lot of our guests are staying at the Boardwalk so that is fine and I know that OKW is the largest.

I just didn't know if anyone had an opinion at staying in any of the 3 bedrooms after they had.

Thank you!

Have not been in a VGF GV but I can imagine that would probably be ideal for your group but it costs a king's ransom. Outside of that, I would consider the BWV and BLT GVs to also be ideal for your group (my preference would be a single story at BWV or the end lake view GV on the north wing of BLT). If you actually just want the best GV there is (and again I have not seen VGF), the Jambo single story GVs are about as good as it gets with huge balconies, pool table room, master bath with large TV facing centrally located tub.

I've stayed in a GV at OKW, BLT, BWV and next week we check into VGF.
Out of the 3 that I've stayed in, BWV is my favorite as far as space. For location, my favorite so far is BLT.

At BWV, it's really nice that all the gv are a boardwalk view. But a really nice feature at BLT is that all of the gv's (at least as far as I know), have a door on the 2nd floor that leads right out to the 16th floor, which is the viewing deck.

I'd definitely go with VGF. We much prefer it to the BLT GV, and love the fact it eliminates the stairs and everything is on one floor. We mostly like this fact because of small children, and the stairs are a hazard. But with everyone getting ready, walking around in heels and whatnot, I would think it would be better for this reason too! Plus you basically get a fourth bedroom with the entertainment room pull-out, vs. the common room pull-out at BLT.

It would also be super convenient with your reception being there.

And congratulations! :cheer2:

It looks like your 7 month window is coming up quick... Honestly if you scored a HH area GV at OKW, you are in a sweet position. It is huge!

This place is bigger than my house!! I stayed in one in 2011, and it was so roomy... How can you go wrong with four bathrooms? Four showers?

As for location, since you scored HH area you are in a great transportation situation:

For this location you are going to want to walk to the HH area bus stop in the morning to catch the bus to the parks. It is the last stop before leaving the resort for the parks. No trip around OKW. We stayed in June 2012 in building 13 and we never, not even at peak morning times, had to stand on our bus to the park. The walk is very short from building 25 to the HH area bus stop, and it allows you to walk through the heart of OKW every day, really (imo) connecting you to the resort and the Disney "magic" it provides. And since you're going to be in building 25 (the only HH area GV) you can get off the bus at "your" bus stop, the first for the resort, and be only steps away from your front door.

Sure, it's not in the heart of MK like BLT and VGF, nor is it as themed as AKV, but it is very relaxing and still magical... That's just my two cents. I hope your wedding is amazing! Maybe someday my DDs will want to get married at WDW... I better start saving!

Aulani's 3 bdrm Ocean view villas are awesome with 5 separate sliding doors (1 from ea. bdrm, dinning, and living room) to get on the extra long balcony with a Million Dollar View. In the winter, it's possible to view both sunrise and sunset from the balcony. 6 TVs and a foyer to put your stroller, wagon, surfboard, luggage, etc.(it's that big).

Congrats on your upcoming wedding LindsayHD!!! My daughter's Disney wedding is coming up in April.

I would have loved to stayed in a GV but I used a large majority of my points to put up family in studios (not sure all of us staying in the same place was going to work as many have never met each other). I opted for a 2 bedroom/theme park view at BLT and that was pricey enough. A BLT GV would have cost us an additional 337 points which we don't have. We love BLT for the walking proximity to the MK.

I have never stayed in any 3 bedroom but I did a full tour of the Beach Cottages at Vero and that is a dream stay of mine overlooking the ocean.

Have a great stay at OKW! A terrific resort! So peaceful & beautifully landscaped :goodvibes

Thank you all so much for your help. I think we are going to shoot for the Boardwalk, but if we don't get it, we won't be super upset. I just wanted to make sure the Boardwalk Grand Villa would be big enough.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding LindsayHD!!! My daughter's Disney wedding is coming up in April.

I would have loved to stayed in a GV but I used a large majority of my points to put up family in studios (not sure all of us staying in the same place was going to work as many have never met each other). I opted for a 2 bedroom/theme park view at BLT and that was pricey enough. A BLT GV would have cost us an additional 337 points which we don't have. We love BLT for the walking proximity to the MK.

Good Luck to your daughter and have a fun trip in April!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter