3 Night Trip ??

maciec

AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?
**I couldn't figure out which board to post this on so if I'm in the wong place, please move my post **

For those that go and only spend 3 nights .....

Do you find it relaxing or too rushed?

Dh only wants to go for 3 nights. The way that I have it planned is

Day 1 - arrive early and spend day at SAB .. dinner at Cape May Cafe

Day 2 - SAB and MNSSHP

Day 3 - Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney

Day 4 - SAB until it's time to leave in the afternoon

I really want to spend one more day because I think that we will be too rushed. I think it's just too rushed I would really like to throw in a pool day inbetween MSSHP and Animal Kingdom. Now that would definitely be relaxing!

DH and I sometimes do 2 day trips.Try to focus on just a few things. This last trip was 2 days and we stayed at BCV. We did Epcot in the am, SAB all afternoon and MGM for Osborne Lights and dinner. The next day we did MK in the am, SAB in the afternoon amd Epcot at night for the Candlelight Processional and dinner. It was a great trip. It's amazing how much you can do without the kids!;)

We are booked for a 3 nite stay next month.

We arrive early Fri, we will spend the Day at our resort SSR with dinner ressies at the Ranglin Road DTD.

Sat we will spend the day at MK with dinner ressies with Cinderella.

Sun we will probably go to AK and then to MK.

We leave early evening Mon, we haven't deicded just yet what to do,maybe MGM.

We did do the DDP, I haven't decided yet if we should get annual passes, although its probably cheaper to get the passes than it is for a 3 day park hopper for 2 adults our Daughter is under 3.

We know the weekend will go by fast but its a break definately needed.

We used to always do a 7 night trip in May and a 3 night trip in August. I generally found the 3 night trips more enjoyable! In fact, my favorite trip was probably one where we only did the MK and a waterpark. I don't know why - maybe because those trips feel like a "bonus" to me.

we took a 4 nt once. A 3 nt would be good but I for one would not do it on a weekend. JMO:goodvibes too many locals on the wkend

No weekends for us either. I think that it's going to be a check in on Monday and check out on Thursday (with hopes that dh will agree to stay 1 more night and check out on Friday) I am just going to be a little sneaky:thumbsup2 .

This used to be all we could get. We own our own Business and we could not get away any longer than that. My poor kids. We crammed it all in. I think it's larger, now or we are a lot slower.

**I couldn't figure out which board to post this on so if I'm in the wong place, please move my post **

For those that go and only spend 3 nights .....

Do you find it relaxing or too rushed?

Dh only wants to go for 3 nights. The way that I have it planned is

Day 1 - arrive early and spend day at SAB .. dinner at Cape May Cafe

Day 2 - SAB and MNSSHP

Day 3 - Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney

Day 4 - SAB until it's time to leave in the afternoon

I really want to spend one more day because I think that we will be too rushed. I think it's just too rushed I would really like to throw in a pool day inbetween MSSHP and Animal Kingdom. Now that would definitely be relaxing!

We do at least two trips a year without the kids and go 3 or 4 nights each time. Every trip is too short, wether its 3 days or 10 days. I don't think your schedule is too hurried. Have fun and enjoy your trip!

We did a 3 night stay in October and it was great.

Sunday - arrived late morning, spent the afternoon in the MK.
Monday - Epcot in the morning, pool/rest, then MNSSHP.
Tuesday - The boys went fishing while the girls went shopping!
Wednesday - AK to ride Expedition Everest, lunch to go from Goods to Go, then home late afternoon.

Would definitely do it again. It was a nice break and MNSSHP was a blast!

Edited to add: "Duh - we are doing it again - My sister and I are going for 3 days (just 2 nights) in May (for the flower show!)!

We did a 3 night DVC stay in December before our 4 night DCL cruise over Christmas. Even though we didn't try to fit too much in, it definitely felt rushed. We will never go for less than 5 nights again.

We've got a three night stay next month.

Kids have a friday and a monday off from school, we'll stay fri, sat, sun nite.

Disney is good in little sips and big gulps...

Even with a 7 hour drive each way.

My key to short trips (3 nights) is resort location. I prefer BWV and BCV for these trips due to the short travel time to EPCOT and MGM. Also, I rent a car. With a car, there is less travel time to places like AK (and AKL to eat) and DD, as well as not dealing with the magical express waits. I also use National at the airport since the cars are at the terminal- no shuttle bus. (Avis is also at the terminal).
Have fun. A short Disney trip is still better than a longer trip to many other places.

I did a 3 night trip as part of my honeymoon before flying over to the west coast. We did not have a lot of cash at the time so stayed in the all star sports. It was my DWs first trip to WDW and she loved it, she wanted to see all the parks, we arrived at WDW still Jet lagged but extra magic hours were on in Majic Kingdom so paid $15 for wristbands (still wish they charged for them now)and went there until 2am. The following days we were up every morning for the parks opening and left every evening when they closed. I never even saw the resort for more than 20mins each day and 15 of these were waiting for a bus to the parks. By the end of it I thought my feet were going to fall off. We have been back many times since and are now a lot more relaxed about what we are doing and have a lot more time to rest by the pool and are quite happy spending time at the resorts now we are lucky enough to be able to stay at the better ones.

Okay we're doing a 3nt trip in May.

Saturday: check in and pool day
Sunday: Epcot/MGM Fant. dinner show
Monday: MK-dinner at CP(getting my picture with Pooh)
Tues: Early pm flight home(might hit the pool in am).

Since we're DVC members were just going to enjoy the sun after a lovely Buckeye State winter. No need to rush and see everything because we'll be back in November.

Thanks for all of the encouraging words, if you will. I am still holding out hope that dh will change his mind. What's one more day? right? The way I have it figured it will only cost us at the absolute most $100.

Keep your fingers crossed for us!

We just came back from a three night trip, just to attend the Pirate & Princess Party. Flew down on 1/20, did some shopping before checking in (to get some goodies for our Owner's Locker), and hit DTD after checking in. Had a late breakfast at Olivia's on Sunday, and headed over to the Magic Kingdom to hit a couple of attractions and pick up some Cinnamon Rolls. Headed over to the Studios and had dinner at Hollywood & Vine, then over to the Magic Kingdom for evening EMH. Had a late breakfast Monday morning at Whispering Canyon Cafe before meeting up with some friends staying at BWV. Went back to our room and changed for the party. Met up with friends and had dinner at Crystal Palace. Hit a few attractions before the party officially started. Ate the cinnamon rolls the next morning for breakfast, and headed over the studios for our last day rituals.

It was very relaxing because we just didn't rush for anything. True, we didn't hit all the parks, but I know we'll be back to do more in a few months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter