$3000 from Delta...advice for vacation?

Aladora

DIS Veteran
We just got home from Disneyland last night (wonderful trip, VERY hot, adored GotG!) and there was a little hiccup with our flights home. We were flying home on Delta and they had us on a really tight connection in Seattle (46 minutes to land, deplane, get from the North terminal to the South which takes 3 trains) and our SNA-SEA flight was really delayed. They had asked for volunteers to give up their seats due to overbooking and when we realized that our flight was already leaving 35 minutes late and they offered $1000/person travel voucher, we jumped at the offer. Our logic was that we were not going to make our SEA-YYJ flight no matter what so we might as well get $3000 US$ out of it! :D

Now here is where I am looking for advice. DH and DS both want to do something different and after 12 family Disney trips, I sort of agree. (Blasphemy, I know!) DS has requested somewhere hot and I'd like an all-inclusive somewhere interesting.

So, if you had $3000 US$ to spend on Delta.com for 3 people, where would you spend March break?

Last edited:
Are you allowed to book code share flights or do all segments need to be on Delta? You may have to start your trip in Seattle.

Hawaii would be my choice from the West coast.

Are you allowed to book code share flights or do all segments need to be on Delta? You may have to start your trip in Seattle.

Hawaii would be my choice from the West coast.

Everything has to be booked through Delta and we can fly out of Victoria, although it seems more cost effective to hop the ferry to Vancouver and leave from YVR. We have booked through Delta a few times from Victoria and they just fly us on an Alaska flight.

Right now we are leaning towards an all-inclusive near Cancun but it looks like we have to wait a few months for the best rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter