I agree with this. Yachtsman has been living on reputation alone for several years now IMO. (Same as Narcoossee's and Ohana). There are many places at Walt Disney World with better steaks, including some that are far less expensive.

Wow, we had the worst meal on property at Yachtsman Steakhouse. It was one of the only dinners we squeezed in before we all got COVID. The steaks were bloody despite asking for medium or medium well. No soup spoons for our french onion soup so my Mother had to chase down a server (none were anywhere to be found). My brother ate his soup with a fork. Three steaks were way undercooked. I kept mine and suffered through it. My Mother and Brother's returned charred on the outside and still bloody inside! The potato leek casserole was served cold and more like something you'd get at hospital. None of us finished it. The service was abysmal. Just par for the course in this day in age. We parted with well over $300 for a meal that was just plain disappointing. I don't recommend it at all. Avoid Yachtsman Steakhouse until they get their act together.
I'm very sorry to hear that, we will definitely not be adding Yachtsman to our list for August. Yours is not the first poor review I've seen posted recently. I am also sorry to hear that your family got covid. Did you get it at Disney? I am worried for a few family members coming along and thinking of skipping all indoor restaurants. I think I can find enough counter service locations with outdoor seating and we will be spending most of the week by the pool anyway.

Yes I got Covid at Disney. You have to go to Disney these days knowing that most likely you or someone in your group will probably get it! Omicron/variants show up pretty quickly (2-3 days) so that means you will be sick mid-vacation like we were. It absolutely sucks to be holed up in your hotel, listening to everyone laughing at the pool or knowing you could be at a park. Omicron and variants are super contagious. I was vaccinated but not boosted and out of my Mom and Husband (vaccinated and boosted) I got the more "mild" case. But it is far from "mild" and lasts quite awhile. My Husband got a secondary infection on top of it and so did my Mom. I have been downing vitamin c packets (Emergen-C) like crazy before, during and after my trip - so maybe that's why I'm doing better? (Not medical advice) just what I did. My symptoms were hoarse voice I could barely talk, complete temporary loss of taste and smell, wicked sore throat, mucusy cough, fever, headache, and now symptoms are - no fever but occasional lightheadedness and my sense of taste and smell are slowly returning. If you go to Disney you have that risk of Covid, now more than ever. To be honest we wore N95's inside rides, elevators etc. minimal inside restaurants and I still got it! I think I got it at a MK Firework dessert party (that's where the timing lines up). Ironically I was helping a lady fill her plate with cheese and fruit. 😁I guess I was way too close to her and she must've been carrying it. Brings new meaning to "kill them with kindness." Anyway, I can't get back my family reunion trip and now I am added to the countless numbers who have had Covid. Good luck if you go. 🍀Not eating indoors helps, but I was indoor/outdoor at the dessert party and still got it. Where there are crowds - there is COVID and it will get you when you let your guard down even for a moment. Forgive the emotional post and if it doesn't make sense. I haven't slept in days and am pretty upset still about how things turned out.😞

I'm really sorry, it's horrible to get sick on vacation. I recently recovered from Omicron and I was super sick, took 3 weeks to feel 90% better. Still have a lingering sore throat/cough. My mother hasn't had covid even with taking NYC public transportation etc., so I am really hoping she doesn't get it taking her first vacation since covid began. :(

Sorry for your experience at Yachtsman.

DW and I had steaks there in early May and everything was as perfect as ever. Steaks were cooked perfectly medium rare. Sides were very good. And service was excellent.
Same experience in March

We have been there a few times this year. Everything was great. Steaks were perfectly cooked, good sides and wonderful service. I'm sad folks are having poor experiences.

We did have a couple of minor order mistakes when dining there last fall. However, they were fairly soon corrected. Other food as delicious as ever.

I hope people will consider that covid is still affecting various businesses. We were a bit annoyed that we hadn't gotten documents on a DVC resale contract after waiting nearly 2 months with no word of a delay. Turned out that the broker's office was in turmoil with several key personnel out sick with covid.

So many Disney servers and cooks laid off either found other jobs or retired, resulting in many less-experienced replacements.

Please, give a little more consideration to the still-struggling service industry in particular.

Ugh, I agree. Actually it was the experience for us. Service was terrible. The food was delicious but our service was missing most of the meal. I ate my steak with no drink. We wanted dessert and another drink but ended up leaving because we were so frustrated.
We got better service at Chuy’s, a Mexican chain restaurant. A shame.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter