395 days of planning all lead up to this! Sept/Oct 2012

Oh my goodness I need a Disney intervention! :rotfl2:

Watching a video from when the Fantasyland expansion was FIRST announced and I started crying (little sobby tears) when they showed the Beasts restaurant. I am just THAT excited to show my kids Disney World and my daughter especially all of these princess areas!!!

restaurantBIG.jpg

Tell me I'm not the only one who gets this emotional? I mean as I've said it will have been almost 18 yrs since I've been there when we go next year. Maybe I'm also really excited for me? :goodvibes

Oh my goodness I need a Disney intervention! :rotfl2:

Watching a video from when the Fantasyland expansion was FIRST announced and I started crying (little sobby tears) when they showed the Beasts restaurant. I am just THAT excited to show my kids Disney World and my daughter especially all of these princess areas!!!

restaurantBIG.jpg

Tell me I'm not the only one who gets this emotional? I mean as I've said it will have been almost 18 yrs since I've been there when we go next year. Maybe I'm also really excited for me? :goodvibes

I am just as excited! You are not alone!!!:) I can't wait to eat there, and just bask in Beauty and the Beast land! haha

That restaurant looks gorgeous!

Nope, you're not the only one. I cry during Wishes. And when I went to DL this past spring (first time!) I cried during World of Color. EVERYBODY cried during World of Color. :laughing: I also got a little choked up when I went to see Winnie the Pooh in theaters. I'm a big sap! :rotfl2:

My kitten is such an ***! She decided to attack the plastic bag containing the shirt from the Disney store! She ripped the bag and attacked the tag! Ugh!

Oh and I have to stop reading peoples pet peeves on dis. Last night I dreamt I was taking Ava on her first ride "Soarin'" and these guys kept taking pictures! So I was screaming at them! Lol. I get annoyed really easy so I'm using this year to work on how to enjoy the trip and not get mad about things I can't control! But believe me if someone tries to ruin my kids first ride they are gonna hear from me! I am a photographer but I'm not about to take pictures on every ride. Geez. Enjoy it! There are enough pics and vids on the internet and they are probably better than you can do yourself with a point and shoot camera since there is supossed to be NO flash used!

Good thing I have a year! :rotfl2:

Wow Heather your enthusiasm is infectious!! I was reading through the PTR threads trying to work out how early it would be appropriate to start one when I saw yours 365 days out!!. Love it!!!

And love the Maroon 5 video. :cool1:

Wow Heather your enthusiasm is infectious!! I was reading through the PTR threads trying to work out how early it would be appropriate to start one when I saw yours 365 days out!!. Love it!!!

And love the Maroon 5 video. :cool1:

:laughing: I am beyond excited for this trip! We actually still have like 385 days to go!!! heehee

Thanks!! :cheer2:

*I shared this with the October 2012 group but wanted to share it on my ptr also!*

Information regarding the Fantasyland expansion:

The timeline was revealed by Walt Disney Imagineer Scott Mallwitz in an interview with Inside the Magic. While Disney has previously only announced that the expansion will open in phases "by 2013", the new set of dates shows that the full area will not be operational until late in that year.

The full set of target opening windows is:
•Now - the Hundred Acre Wood facade for the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ride is already open.
•Early 2012 - half of the new Storybook Circus area will open, featuring side-by-side Dumbo the Flying Elephant rides, along with the rebranded Barnstormer - hosted by the Great Goofini rollercoaster, Fantasyland Train Station and Casey Jr train ride.
•Late 2012 - Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid ride, Be Our Guest restaurant, Beauty and the Beast village, Belle meet-and-greet, Castle wall
•Early 2013 - the rest of Storybook Circus will open, featuring Pete’s Silly Sideshow (full details of which are yet to be revealed).
•Late 2013 - the debut of the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train rollercoaster, the last of the new additions to be announced.

(this was just posted on September 1st this year)

I am SOOOOO hopefull that September/October is Disneys defination of "late 2012" because the Fantasyland expansion is what I REALLY want to see and take my daughter too! (I am sure the boys will not be as interested but they will be going! lol)

It was the Thrashers that moved back to Winnipeg right? So stange to see that team name back again. I'm a Rangers fan and when I was looking at their schedule and saw 'Rangers at Jets' I was like huh??? I thought of the football team lol.

It was the Thrashers that moved back to Winnipeg right? So stange to see that team name back again. I'm a Rangers fan and when I was looking at their schedule and saw 'Rangers at Jets' I was like huh??? I thought of the football team lol.

Yup! They were REALLY close to securing Phoenix BACK to Winnipeg, but again at the last minute the state (?) bailed the team out again. But the back up plan was the Thrashers.

It's SOOO exciting to see the name again! The team left when I was a teenager and didn't like hockey. I never got to see a game. I probably still won't get to see one live since I'm too poor (i'd rather save all my money for DisneyWorld...And I LOVE hockey!)....but I can watch them on tv! I already have a Winnipeg Jets bumper sticker on my Jeep! :)

They won last night 4-0 against the San Jose Sharks!

They are playing the Edmonton Oilers right now!

http://youngstars.insinc.com/

And Thursday around 1:30pm CST they are playing the Vancouver Canucks! :cheer2:

I think it's really funny that so many people are talking about Gaston's Tavern. I've seen people saying that the pub is the wrong style. That it looks too English when it's supposed to be in France.

gastonstavern.jpg

Well I say just watch this video (if you are NOT that familiar with B&tB) and you will see that this picture it is quite similar to the movie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYomAg3zAH4

Do we think this is a copycat Butterbeer (huh? lol I am not a Harry Potter fan)? I don't think so. Hello people...watch the movie! Geez. lmao! Everyone in the Tavern (does the name not suggest a mock beer?) is drinking frothy drinks from big mugs!

I don't like that it looks like they are changing the Portrait painting of Gaston though....since it's so featured in the film. This is the one I've seen:

gastonpainting.jpg

Also a look at Bonjour Gifts:

bonjourvillagegifts.jpg

Anyways here is the newest pic I've found of the progress on the B&tB area! This was taken Sept 13th!

beastscastle.jpg

I am seriously going to be heartbroken if this isn't open during our trip!

Yup! They were REALLY close to securing Phoenix BACK to Winnipeg, but again at the last minute the state (?) bailed the team out again. But the back up plan was the Thrashers.

It's SOOO exciting to see the name again! The team left when I was a teenager and didn't like hockey. I never got to see a game. I probably still won't get to see one live since I'm too poor (i'd rather save all my money for DisneyWorld...And I LOVE hockey!)....but I can watch them on tv! I already have a Winnipeg Jets bumper sticker on my Jeep! :)

They won last night 4-0 against the San Jose Sharks!

They are playing the Edmonton Oilers right now!

http://youngstars.insinc.com/

And Thursday around 1:30pm CST they are playing the Vancouver Canucks! :cheer2:

I'm glad I have a DIS friend I can talk hockey with. I don't pay much attention to the West Conf teams until playoff time so you can keep me informed :)

I'm glad I have a DIS friend I can talk hockey with. I don't pay much attention to the West Conf teams until playoff time so you can keep me informed :)

It is just so exciting to see them playing again! I've really been a huge hockey fan for the last 5 years! lol I'm so excited and this is just the Young Stars. Official first NHL game for Winnipeg is IN Winnipeg on October 9th against the Montreal Canadians! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter