4/16-6/29 Toy Story Mania Facts & Discussion - NEWS: Ride Open w/Same Day FP (6/19-29)

Tomorrow is my FP day - also there 6/18-25! We are planning to RD Hollywood Studios 3 different days, one being the 25th. It's our favorite park, and we are hoping at this point to RD TSMM (assuming it's open), and if by chance FPs open up, we will try to swap RnR for it.

I'm thinking that maybe our plan as well....

And where is the indication that it will fully close before TSL opens? Its all speculation.

I was just going off of info provided by respected websites that clearly state:

“...a full closure of the attraction”.

Their info has been accurate so far.

Tomorrow is my FP day - also there 6/18-25! We are planning to RD Hollywood Studios 3 different days, one being the 25th. It's our favorite park, and we are hoping at this point to RD TSMM (assuming it's open), and if by chance FPs open up, we will try to swap RnR for it.

Tomorrow is my FP+ day, too. We are there June 18th-28th. We are planning on rope dropping DHS twice and hoping to be able to ride TSMM.

There is no evidence of a full closure. Not sure where they claim to know that. No other site has stated full closure. I asked three different sites about this and nobody knew the answer WDWNT included.

Again at this time no full closure is known. If that happens I can assure you myself or someone else will report it right here in this thread.

There is no evidence of a full closure. Not sure where they claim to know that. No other site has stated full closure. I asked three different sites about this and nobody knew the answer WDWNT included.

Again at this time no full closure is known. If that happens I can assure you myself or someone else will report it right here in this thread.

Here’s another link to a story that appears to have originated with an Orlando TV station and quotes a “Disney spokesperson”. I checked the stations website and couldn’t find the original story though.

So far, everything they have reported has been accurate. More recent reports with the April 9 - May 7 dates seem to be inaccurate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...closure-before-opening-of-toy-story-land/amp/

Here’s another link to a story that appears to have originated with an Orlando TV station and quotes a “Disney spokesperson”. I checked the stations website and couldn’t find the original story though.

So far, everything they have reported has been accurate. More recent reports with the April 9 - May 7 dates seem to be inaccurate.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...closure-before-opening-of-toy-story-land/amp/
April 9th was wrong in itself.

I’m stressing this again. There is no planned closure at this time. If it does indeed close it will be reported here. I don’t know what else to say about the matter.

April 9th was wrong in itself.

I’m stressing this again. There is no planned closure at this time. If it does indeed close it will be reported here. I don’t know what else to say about the matter.

Thanks for the info. I should probably just stick to telling guests that lines are shorter in the evening than in the morning. Nobody believes that either, but it’s true.

Thanks for the info. I should probably just stick to telling guests that lines are shorter in the evening than in the morning. Nobody believes that either, but it’s true.

You're right that early on there were sites reporting that there would be a period where the ride was closed completely. And others have posted links to stories more recently that they're going to resume fast passes after May 8th. But I think the key is that none of those tidbits of info are officially coming from Disney. There is currently no planned closure and no planned resumption of FPs. There is no official word from Disney on any of it so it's all speculation (or it could be that some of these sites have good unnamed sources - who knows).

But you're totally right that the waits at TSM are shorter in the evening. We walked on at 8:45 last year. And since we're going during the FP blackout in late April, I'm banking on it. :thumbsup2

I wouldn't say the April 9th date was inaccurate, but rather got delayed. Clearly that was the plan as no advance FPs were available starting that date. The fact that they delayed it each day and offered day of FPs doesn't necessarily mean the report from late March was wrong. I guess we will all find out in due time.....

I wouldn't say the April 9th date was inaccurate, but rather got delayed. Clearly that was the plan as no advance FPs were available starting that date. The fact that they delayed it each day and offered day of FPs doesn't necessarily mean the report from late March was wrong. I guess we will all find out in due time.....
The delay could result in longer standby only time as well, so past the May 7th date. At this time Disney has announced no closure of the attraction and we should take that as fact until something changes.

You're right that early on there were sites reporting that there would be a period where the ride was closed completely. And others have posted links to stories more recently that they're going to resume fast passes after May 8th. But I think the key is that none of those tidbits of info are officially coming from Disney. There is currently no planned closure and no planned resumption of FPs. There is no official word from Disney on any of it so it's all speculation (or it could be that some of these sites have good unnamed sources - who knows).

But you're totally right that the waits at TSM are shorter in the evening. We walked on at 8:45 last year. And since we're going during the FP blackout in late April, I'm banking on it. :thumbsup2

I wish I could have found the original story from News 13. It may have indicated if the “Disney Spokesperson” was speaking on or off the record and if they were actually affilliated with Disney or not.

Every other article I found on the topic referenced the info provided by WDWEnt.

The delay could result in longer standby only time as well, so past the May 7th date. At this time Disney has announced no closure of the attraction and we should take that as fact until something changes.

Yeah that is exactly my thought. And since the completion (& start) timeframe was somewhat unknown no point in announcing the return date of FP line until you know it. I would have to think the two articles that came out the exact same day with similar information

Yeah my thoughts exactly. The timeline is not firm enough to promise FPs starting May 8th, so easier for Disney to just wait until closer to that date (or day of) to bring them back.

The article that Babe is referencing is from January. Given that wdwnt also put out one of the two articles in March stating the FP line would return after May 8th, I'm guessing it is just the updated plan as it gets closer to time. Surely if they still thought a full closure was coming they would have mentioned that again in the same article. But given that 2 months+ had passed it is possible the plan has changed.

We like to hit it about an hour before closing time and try to ride 4 times consecutively. It's a much more efficient use of time than waiting outside the gate for an hour in the morning just to ride once.

My trigger hand used to get pretty worn out by the 3rd or 4th loop, but Robo gave me some good tips here a number of years ago that fixed that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter