4 Become 10: Pre Trip Report

Sapper383

DIS Veteran
Well, I know our trip is along way off, but thought I would share with you our plans so far.

The Cast:

Me, Sam (34)
DH, Rich (36)
DS, Ieuan (11)
DD, Moli (5)

This is us at Animal Kingdom during our 2009 Trip

171.jpg

We didn't plan on booking a trip for 2011 as our finances have been tight:scared1: but after alot of belt tightening and saving, we realised our dream and booked two weeks at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We will be leaving on the 22nd September 2011. We have 14 day park tickets and free dining....whoo hoo:cool1:

We were going to keep it as a surprise for the kids, but decided to tell DS as he was wanting to go away with his school to Canada and we couldn't aford this aswell. Needless to say, he was over the moon.....AKL is somewhere he dreamed of staying...he loves wildlife with David Attenborough being his hero.

DD is just too young to understand time.....I couldn't cope with counting the sleeps from now:scared1:

........we though that was that, now start planning.....well, not quite......

......I told my sister that we booked to go and she asked if we would mind them coming along.....so they booked......

it doesn't end there......when I told my parents, they also asked if they could come.....so here we are 4 become 10:rotfl:

so the rest of the cast...

DS, Theresa (39)
DBIL, Andrew (40)
DN, Beth (15)
DN, Daffydd (10)

This is My sis and her family.....quite a few years ago now

theresa.jpg

DM, Chris (58)
DD, Stuart (62)

This is Mam and Dad on their Wedding Day....must find a recent photo of them

mamanddad.jpg

DH and me are definatly the planners....we already have a list of resturants we want to book.....not sure how easy it's going to be, to book a table for 10:rolleyes1

we have aready given my sister a list of the resturants and told her to let us know if she wants us to book for her aswell.

so far we want to book:

Crystal Palace, early breakfast so we can have photos with no one else about.
1900 Park Fare, dinner....we loved this last year
Ohana for dinner...never been here but would like to check out the Poly aswell
Whispering Canyon for dinner....another new one for us
Hoop de do review.....after reading Wayne and Diswolves reports, can't wait to do this with the family
50's Prime Time....loved this last year
Mama Melrose for the Fantasmic package
Raglan Road....love it
Boma....never been before
Le Cellier for lunch.....didn't do this on our last trip but DH requested this
Chef de France....another new one
Akershus for dinner.....think DD will love this and after reading diswolves trippie, it was a must

We are also thinking of :

Booking a Grand Gathering, Tony's Breakfast
The wishes fireworks cruise

We will definatly be doing MNSSHP...not so sure about the rest of our group though....but we will be dalmations again:rotfl:

I've started to plan DD wardrobe.....sad I know:laughing:

Her Anistasia dress she wore last year to 1900, still fits her, hopefully it still will next year. She had fab attention wearing this.
I've started making her a skirt for AK. Giraffe, Zebra, Minnie dot and animal fabric make up this skirt.
I'm going to make a dress for Ohanas, Chef de France and Hoop de doo review.....not sure about any others yet:laughing:

I'm going to order tshirts from an etsy seller again as I loved our matching ones last year. I think I'm going to order them soon, as I would like to give them to my sister and her family, and mam and dad for christmas.....I know I'm sad:laughing:.....I'm trying to decide on what colour and what to put on the back...DH wants.....From Wales to the World.....i'm not sure

Sorry If I've gone on a bit...but thanks for reading:cool1:

What a great pre trip report!
It will be lovely going as a big family group! Look forward to a trippie when you get back :thumbsup2

Nice start to the pre-trippie
You have picked out some nice dining venues :thumbsup2
Hoop is always better when you are in a larger party.
This year we had 12 people (2 tables of 6) next to each other
Wayne had pre arranged this (Will you all be on DDP ?)
Looking forward to your report. Let the planning begin! :cool1:

Thanks guys

Yes we have the free dining, Just hoping we will be able to get the reservations we want.

Great start Sam, your plans sound great, looking forward to hearing more:goodvibes

Your plans sound fab! Why not make your own tshirts I got some fab designs on the creative disigns section and got fruit of the loom thirst and transfer paper from ebay:)

Great PTR Sam. It's never to early... :goodvibes

And, "from Wales to the World"... I :lovestruc it!!

Great PTR Sam. It's never to early... :goodvibes

And, "from Wales to the World"... I :lovestruc it!!

Thanks Beth, we are definatly going with "from Wales to the World"....I've ordered the tshirts....bright green....we are a shy family:rotfl:

My Dad has decided that Teppenado is a must, he's seen Matt's clip and was wowed by the look of everything......now we have to decide on where we are NOT going to eat:scared1:

Its great going with loads of people. lots of planning meet ups before you go.

Susan

Yay, our T-shirts have arrived.....I will post a photo tomorrow.

They are going to be Christmas pressies for my Sisters family and my mam and dad.

I've also started making my niece and nephew autograph books....these are for christmas too.

I've also made my nieces perry the platapus tshirt....it's not as good as I wanted it to be, but I think she will be pleased

Started making DD a skirt for AK and I realised it's going to be too small....aarrgghh

I'll post photos tomorrow

My Dad has decided that Teppenado is a must, he's seen Matt's clip and was wowed by the look of everything......now we have to decide on where we are NOT going to eat:scared1:

I don't know if they have larger tables but all the ones I saw only say 8 people.

Looking forward to hearing more.

You've been so busy arranging & making christmas gifts for all the family ready for your next trip , how have you had the time to do any planning.
I'm sure they are all going to be over the moon with there gifts :thumbsup2

You've been so busy arranging & making christmas gifts for all the family ready for your next trip , how have you had the time to do any planning.
I'm sure they are all going to be over the moon with there gifts :thumbsup2

I know, I'm so busy at the moment and have loads more to do....but I think it will be worth it

Here is the Perry the Platapus tshirt I have made for my neice

Picture421.jpg

I can finaly say......................We are going to WDW THIS year....:cool1::cool1:

Here are our tshirts

Picture522.jpg

Picture523.jpg

Picture520.jpg

The back

Picture521.jpg

We also had the same design as mine for my sister, mum and niece...just had different colour bows

My Dad and brother in law had the same as Rich......a bit borring compared with the rest

and my nephew had the same as Ieuan

Hi Guys.....just a little update....

.....we had decided that we weren't going to do Universal on this trip, but then DS and DN were both disapointed as they both :lovestruc Harry Potter....anyway, we've made a deal with them DN is doing her GCSE's this year, so we have told her that if she puts in alot of effort with her revising we will go.....DS is dyslexic and struggles with spelling so we have set him some spelling goals.

We would only buy a 1 day ticket and not sure if my mam and dad will come with us.

We've also decided NOT to satay in a hotel the nigh before, we are going to book a minibus to take us and pick us up from the Airport.....it's going to cost about £550 but between the three families it's not too bad.....it would be cheaper than hotel and parking

Getting excited about park hours comming out and booking ADR's:cool1:

Loving your pre-trip report Sam, I hope you are able to get all the ADR's you want

I love the Perry the Platypus t-shirt, my soon to be 18 year old DD would love it too :lovestruc

It won't be long and I will be able to make out ADR's...I can't wait:cool1:

I've been busy today sewing. This is what I have made for my DD6, it's Cinderellas work dress. She will wear this to the BBB and come out after the makover in cinderellas blue dress.

DSCN2452.jpg

Another busy day sewing, this is for DD6 to wear to Chef de France.....just need to make sure I get an ADR:lmao:

DSCN2451.jpg

I'm so excited, I've made some dining reservations.:cool1:

So far:

Friday 23rd Sep: Boma 5pm
Saturday 24th: 50's prime time 6.40pm
Sunday 25th: Tusker House 8am, 900PF 7.30pm
Monday 26th: Universal Day
Tuesday 27th: Blizzard Beach and MNSSHP
Wednesday 28th:Ohana's 6.30pm
Thursday 29th:Chef de France 4.30pm
Friday 30th: Raglan Road 6.30pm

still to book

Saturday 1st: Hoop de doo review
Sunday 2nd: Mama Melrose Fantasmic Package
Monday 3rd:Akershus
Tuesday 4th:Tepenado
Wednesday 5th: Crystal Palace breakfast, Whispering Canyon Dinner

great looking adrs and i'm very impressed with your sewing skills.

Where did you order those fantastic green t shirts from?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter