• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

4 night Bahamas Cruise

BettyBoo29

Mouseketeer
Hii

I'm new to this part of the forum so would welcome any help:-)

Me and the DBF are sailing on the majesty of the seas on the 29th of September from Miami after a 13 night stay in Florida.

This will be our first cruise, it is four nights, stops being - coco cay, nassau & key west.

We will be off the ship most of the day as we have excursions booked - I am just wondering how much we should be expecting to pay on our bar bill? We will probably only be drinking on the night but as we have no idea of the costs of drinks on this ship I don't really know what figure to look around?

Anyone have any tips with boarding / getting off the ships to the port - any help would be welcome please!

We are both super exciter :-)

Thank you!!

Beth

Hii

Me and the DBF are sailing on the majesty of the seas on the 29th of September from Miami after a 13 night stay in Florida.

This will be our first cruise, it is four nights, stops being - coco cay, nassau & key west.

We will be off the ship most of the day as we have excursions booked - I am just wondering how much we should be expecting to pay on our bar bill? We will probably only be drinking on the night but as we have no idea of the costs of drinks on this ship I don't really know what figure to look around?

Anyone have any tips with boarding / getting off the ships to the port - any help would be welcome please!

Thank you!!

Beth

Hi

We are Diamond on RCCL. First, don't judge the entire fleet by Majesty as it is older and much smaller than all the rest of their fleet. Drinks vary from $5.00-about $10. with avg mixed drinks running about $8.00. You can bring 2 bottles of wine on with you (per cabin.) There are several opportunities to drink free of charge/ check out your daily Compass. Sign up for Crown & Anchor Society as it has the best (as far as my research goes) return cruiser program.

Easiest way off ship is to carry your own luggage rather than leaving bags out night before for pick-up.

Definitely check out Cruise a Critic and first time cruiser boards. Have fun!

Hii

Thank you!!

Beth
Let me know how it goes. We booked our first cruise on the Majesty as well.

We were just on that cruise and it was great! Are you spending any time sightseeing in Miami?

It will be moved to Port Canaveral by the time I sail. Doing the Panama Canal in 2017. Can you share any details about the ship?

It will be moved to Port Canaveral by the time I sail. Doing the Panama Canal in 2017. Can you share any details about the ship?
What ship? The Majesty is not scheduled past April 2017, and there is no Panama Canal cruise scheduled for her.

Majesty is the oldest and smallest (by tonnage) ship in RCL's fleet (although she carries about 20% more passengers than the ship she's replacing). About 60% of her cabins are really tiny interiors (a long running joke on Majesty is that those rooms are so small you have to go into the hallway just to change your mind:)); 30% are ocean view; and 10% are junior suites (there are only about 5 full suites on the ship). There are no regular balcony cabins. The two pools are small, and there is no adults only area. Shops onboard are quite limited, and on a weird split "tween" deck.

What ship? The Majesty is not scheduled past April 2017, and there is no Panama Canal cruise scheduled for her.

Majesty is the oldest and smallest (by tonnage) ship in RCL's fleet (although she carries about 20% more passengers than the ship she's replacing). About 60% of her cabins are really tiny interiors (a long running joke on Majesty is that those rooms are so small you have to go into the hallway just to change your mind:)); 30% are ocean view; and 10% are junior suites (there are only about 5 full suites on the ship). There are no regular balcony cabins. The two pools are small, and there is no adults only area. Shops onboard are quite limited, and on a weird split "tween" deck.
Sorry have too many cruises in my mind. When I am on this board..I am thinking Disney. So yes I am doing Panama Canal on the Wonder. But the Majesty later. But both are leaving from Port Canaveral. Thanks forinsite on the cabins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter