4th July strategy

Scottish_Maleficent

DIS Veteran
Hi

Trying to plan our trip in June/July and wondering what the best strategy is for 4th July - should we avoid ALL the parks and go shopping? What do you all do on 4 th July?

I can't decide - obviously parks will be extra busy, but are they all like that? Is it busy for the days and weekend before and after the 4th??

HELP!!!! :confused:

Hi There,

We have been at Disney on the 4th and the parks are busy but manageable, book priority seating soon and work out exactly what you want to do and see, In the MGM Studios they have a once in a year showing of Scorcery in the sky.

Something to be aware of is that malls all close early at 6pm.

Trying to plan our trip in June/July and wondering what the best strategy is for 4th July - should we avoid ALL the parks and go shopping? What do you all do on 4 th July?

Should you avoid the parks? Depends on your crowd preference.
Crowded, shoulder to shoulder(MK on the 4th fits this description!).....If you do want to see fireworks in one of the parks, I recommend staking out a great spot for fireworks 1 to 1.5 hours before the fireworks start.

We went to MK on the 4th of July to view the fireworks display, it was awsome!:)

We were at WDW on Fourth of July 2001. Rather than deal with
the crowds at the parks (and the heat!), we spent the day at
Disney Quest. Crowds were no problem and we certainly enjoyed
air conditioned comfort. For fireworks we opted for Universal.
I don't know if they'll do this again this year, but you could
actually purchase reserved seating at Citiwalk for the fireworks.
I think it was about $7.00 per person. We got to see a fabulous
display as three sets of fireworks went off all at once, one from
US, one from IOA and a Citywalk set. Just fantastic.

Don't go shopping, that's not what you're on vacation for!

The parks are crowded but manageable with a plan. We were there last year and they opened MGM and AK an hour early to help offset guests form the MK. We went to MGM since they have sorcery on the sky on July fourth and I had never seen it before. Using fast pass the ride waits were no longer than 20 minutes, TOT was a walk on three times in a row. We secured out spot for the fireworks about 1 and 1/2 hours before the show, close to the entrance to expedite leaving the park. All went very well and I wouldn't hesitate to go again during that time.

;)

The AK was empty (and did open one hour early in 2002 also!). Then we did dinner at O'hana, watched fireworks from the beach, and went into the MK as everyone was leaving. They had 9PM fireworks, a 10 or 10:30 Spectro, and a Midnight Spectro. Lots of people were already leaving after the fireworks! Ren

I'm in the planning stages of our 7/04 trip,and I've been looking for all the info I can about going this time of year. I know we are definitely planning on being there July 7th,but I now have to decide if I want that to include the 4th. I expect the summer crowds to be a lot different than when we have visited in the past,usually fall. We're going for 10 days this time,in the past only 5 days. I know no matter what,we will have a wicked good time!!!

airhead

we were there last year from the 7th to the 14th. crowds were not bad at all & alot of things were little or no wait. we walked on quite a few rides. i read on these boards in the last few weeks that the week after the 4th tends to not be as crowded.
we are planning on being there this year on the 4th. we will go to the MK on the 5th.

Don't know if this is the normal crowds for the week after the 4th or if we just got lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter