4th of July at OKW?

Candace

DIS Veteran
Can someone tell me if there are special things or fireworks at OKW for the 4th? We have done MK once on the 4th - never again! Would love it if there was something planned at OKW to celebrate.

Most DVC resorts will have some children's activities on the 4th, but there are no additional fireworks at the WDW resorts- since those are available at the parks. HH has a great fireworks display over the marsh behind the resort and several programs during the day.

Doc
doc@wdwinfo.com

hey Candace,
We were at OKW in '95 and '96 for the 4th and they did have a celebration. It was a lot of fun especially for the kids. There was a bike parade for the kids using the rental bikes and decorations, some character visits and and in the morning several children's activities at Community Hall. I hope they still do that. There were no fireworks but you can see Epcot's fireworks from Turtle Krawl. The parks are a zoo anytime in the summer but the 4th seems to be the worst. I totally agree with you about staying away. One thing I do vividly remember is that it was VERY HOT!!
Have a good time
Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter