5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went throught Epcot, to MK, to AK, to MGM, to Epcot, to Finish. The best part of the marathon for me was who I ran with. At mile 4 I was beside Jeff Galloway. That is a running "superstar". He was running with his wife Barbara. She and I start talking and talked for the next 22 miles. The three of us crossed the line together. It was a great reminder of how much fun it is to run with other people.

Pretty impressive to be able to run with Jeff Galloway! Having a runner husband, I have heard/seen that name before. Bruce has some of his books. I think his wife was in their store one time when we went.

Again, congrats on your accomplishments!

Ang

Sounds like everyone had a busy few days around here!

I flew home to CT on Thursday night... Mom, Dad & my sis met me at the airport... I hadn't seen my parents since they left here in March... since that time, Dad has had heart surgery and Mom has had several surgeries, a pharmacy full of medication, and almost-daily doctor's appointments to combat her arterial problems. I needed to see for myself that they are both OK. Which they are, but age has taken its toll on them this year.

She looks good, but it has definitely taken a lot out of her. She has lost about 50% of her sight... about the top and bottom 25%, which has slowed her down a little bit... it's just so strange to see her moving at a slower pace- she has always been such a human dynamo. More of her sight may return once she is on lower levels of medication, but they can't be sure. She is just constantly spilling and dropping things, which frustrates her so much.

We had a great time, though! I got to see my new (well... not-so-new, she's 10 months) grand-niece Paige Elizabeth... she is absolutely beautiful, and a great, happy baby! We had the whole family over my parents on Saturday night- which really made my Mom so happy to be able to entertain again. She loves to have a houseful.

I woke up yesterday morning to the sound of snowplows scraping the ground... now THERE's something I don't hear much any more! Got about 8 inches of snow overnight. Still managed to fly out on time- the ever-over-prepared Dad had me at the airport WAAAAY ahead of schedule... and Mom packed me a sandwich so I wouldn't be hungry. (Here I am, a few weeks from an "0"-so-big birthday, and Mom is packing my lunch...) I sat by the window (Bradley has great rocking chairs in their terminal) ate my bag lunch, and watched the plows clear the tarmac! It was great to land in sunny FL 3 hours later!!!

Now I'm back to chaos... our company party is Friday night... which I coordinate... and I am SOOOOOOO not ready. Saturday AM I am part of a VERY small committee that is running "A Taste of DeLand"... a downtown event featuring 25 of our local restaurants best dishes, beer (of course), wine, etc. Should be fun.

Thanks for all the well wishes. The Scubas are back home.

Lisa did fine and earned 4 medals. Sharon will have to post the details bacause I was not there. I was in bed.

Lisa did fine from my point of view, but she was disappointed since her friend Bugs had an excellent meet. Lisa was very nervous and she wasn't feeling well from a head cold / sore throat. She got a 8.7 on the Floor with a fall (she "sat down" her double back on the floor (Think two summersalults in the air in the pike position)). She completed the skill, but over-rotated.

Her vault was nice, but she will have to attempt a more difficult vault if she wants to score up with the leaders.

On the bars, she completed all of her new skills, but had to add an extra pirotte on the low bar to complete a skill (a deduction like a fall).

On the beam, she did beautiful on her series (back hand spring, step-out-layout), her arieal (no handed cartwheel), leap series, full turn, double twist dismount, etc - but she fell on her Popanova (straddle jump / full turn).

I am hoping that she will feel better and be less nervous this weekend in Atlanta. I will give you the update next week.:thumbsup2

Lisa did fine from my point of view, but she was disappointed since her friend Bugs had an excellent meet. Lisa was very nervous and she wasn't feeling well from a head cold / sore throat. She got a 8.7 on the Floor with a fall (she "sat down" her double back on the floor (Think two summersalults in the air in the pike position)). She completed the skill, but over-rotated.

Her vault was nice, but she will have to attempt a more difficult vault if she wants to score up with the leaders.

On the bars, she completed all of her new skills, but had to add an extra pirotte on the low bar to complete a skill (a deduction like a fall).

On the beam, she did beautiful on her series (back hand spring, step-out-layout), her arieal (no handed cartwheel), leap series, full turn, double twist dismount, etc - but she fell on her Popanova (straddle jump / full turn).

I am hoping that she will feel better and be less nervous this weekend in Atlanta. I will give you the update next week.:thumbsup2

After reading all that I still have not idea what she did.

Can you draw pictures next time? :love:

Wish we could be there to watch Lisa this weekend. We decided to go to Louisiana for the weekend to see a small Mardi Gras parade & for Bruce's nephew's b-day party.

Best of luck to Lisa!
Ang

After reading all that I still have not idea what she did.

Can you draw pictures next time? :love:

Yeah, me neither. It was like reading Greek! :)

I understood the "fall" part....b/c that's what *I* would do!

But still....a great job by Lisa!

KikiKaren....glad you had a good trip. It's tough watching parents get older. I know mine used to be SO active and now it's tough for them to do as much. Frustrating for them, and heartbreaking for me.

And belated congrats to Dale for his A&M news!

Poor Lisa! :grouphug: Sounds like the nerves got to her. Here's to a better meet this coming weekend! Tell her we are proud of her!

I know it's not a big deal for most of you but for us it is. Here are some pictures from this afternoon & evening. It's actually still snowing & starting to stick on the concrete now.

Ang

DSC01406.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

DSC01417.jpg

Good morning everyone! Looks like fun Angie - especially for those who don't get it very often. Hey moisture is moisture right and I know you guys need some!

Good morning everyone! Looks like fun Angie - especially for those who don't get it very often. Hey moisture is moisture right and I know you guys need some!

Yes, moisture is moisture... we'll take it any way we can get it! We were all hoping that the area north of us that feeds in to Lake Lanier at least got some snow.

It wound up snowing for a couple of hours. By the girls' bedtime, it was raining. Ashley went to sleep crying because she knew the snow may not be here this morning. She was breaking my heart. We probably should have gone play in it in the dark after dinner. Oh well! It rained all night but about an inch of snow was still on the grass this morning. It was still raining this morning but we all went out & made a very small snowman & threw a few snowballs. Everyone is off to school & work now.

Ang

Well - knock me over with a feather - Snow again in the south....and I was planning on diving this weekend....but here is the present forecast....Not a go right Jim?

Sunday
North winds 20 to 25 knots with gusts to gale force. Near shore...seas 2 to 4 feet building to 4 to 6 feet in the afternoon. In the Gulf Stream...seas 5 to 7 feet building to 7 to 9 feet in the afternoon. Intracoastal waters rough. Chance of showers.

We are only getting down to 53 - so no snow for us.... sonosnow. COOL:3dglasses

GOOD LUCK TO LISA THIS WEEKEND....Hope she is feeling better as well.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

why is it that when I have good news to share, no one is around? :confused3 So once again, I get to share it here. OK - it's really Mike's news - but, in his typical 13 year old male way - he doesn't want to appear too excited by calling the grandparents since dad is not home...So, I'm left to be a proud mom on the DIS...

Anyway, for the fall semester Mike was 1st chair trombone for the #2 band. He auditioned this week to move into the #1 band for the spring semester. The Head Band Director who is in charge of the #1 band called tonight - he made it :cool1: He had the biggest grin on his face when he was talking to the director.

:tinker: Here's hoping his schedule will allow for the switch in periods...

why is it that when I have good news to share, no one is around? :confused3 So once again, I get to share it here. OK - it's really Mike's news - but, in his typical 13 year old male way - he doesn't want to appear too excited by calling the grandparents since dad is not home...So, I'm left to be a proud mom on the DIS...

Anyway, for the fall semester Mike was 1st chair trombone for the #2 band. He auditioned this week to move into the #1 band for the spring semester. The Head Band Director who is in charge of the #1 band called tonight - he made it :cool1: He had the biggest grin on his face when he was talking to the director.

Way to go Mike!!! :thumbsup2

Ang

Scuba Family ... pack warm clothes! It's going to be cold ... :cold: . We're expected to get 2-4" of snow Sat. afternoon/evening.

Good luck to Lisa!
Ang

Chiming in on wishing luck to Lisa! And in on the Greek to me about the gymnastic moves. I did understand the "pirouette" part, dancer Mom here.

And congrats to Mike! Isn't it great to see them succeed and be so proud?

We have not had snow but it has been very, very cold. Lots of burst pipes, thankfully none at our house. One weird thing, our alarm system sets itself off when it gets too cold, usually late at night. That's always fun.

Not much up for our weekend. Alicia will be working (as will I), Kevin will probably be taking pictures somewhere, or going to Blue Hole. Alicia and I hope to have time to go see "27 Dresses". Nothing like a chick flick for mother/daughter time.

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAH MIKE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter