5 Adults, 2 Staterooms, 1 Amazing Western Caribbean (C) Cruise on the Disney Fantasy!

Enchanted Garden

Enchanted Garden Lobby by vshingl, on Flickr

Disney closes their three rotational dining rooms when they are not in use, so I was unable to take a long exposure photo of the interior. However, I did take photograph the entrances to each.

Royal Court

Royal Court by vshingl, on Flickr

Animator's Palate

Animator's Palate by vshingl, on Flickr

The door to Animator's Palate had been left open, so I crept in. They do, however, cover their table settings with yellow cloth, I suppose so that they do not become infected overnight and they do not have to redo them in the morning.

Animator's Palate by vshingl, on Flickr

Deck 3 by vshingl, on Flickr

The long hallway above connects the aft of the ship on the third deck (Animator's Palate) to the atrium. We called it the 'Puke Hallway' because twice we walked by and there was vomit there that we almost stepped on. I suppose because the hallway is so long, people (well, I hope children) who feel an incredible urge of seasickness while dining in Royal Court are unable to run to the bathroom or a trashcan in time, so they just spew their digested food all over the marble tile which makes for a slippery, disgusting mess in a high-traffic area. Disney does clean it up quickly.

Elevator Lobby by vshingl, on Flickr

Deck 5 by vshingl, on Flickr

This is the hallway on the fifth deck which leads to the Oceaneer Club and Oceaneer Lab. Notice that the ceilings are lowered. Disney Imagineers designed it so that the children's areas had low ceilings so they don't feel so small in spaces designed specifically for them.

Pepe's Door by vshingl, on Flickr

And speaking about designing small, Pepe's cabin door is sized just for him!

I am feeling a bit sad as your TR is nearing its end.

Your pictures are incredible. They really do show the beauty of the Fantasy. I love your outside area long exposures, I agree with you that the lighting effects really do add a lot to the picture.

Thanks for taking your time to post all of your pictures. :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for the tr. We are doing the same itinerary in December but on the Magic. I was excited already but even more so after reading your report.:)

Just found your review and I am in tears at how beautiful everything is. I will get on this cruise someday! Thank you for all the great shots and stories!

I can imagine how sad it is on the last night of the cruise. :sad: You did a wonderful job taking those beautiful pictures. I love seeing everything so empty.

Great report and lovely photos!! I hope to do something similar for our trip next year... but I doubt it'll be this comprehensive :) Well done!

WOW, I'm speechless! Thank you so very much for the tour. We are leaving on the 19 of July on the Fantasy for the 7 night. FIRST TIME EVER Cruisers! I'm so much more excited after looking at your TR, although it took me several days. I was not going to bring my Canon 60D, afraid of the salt water/air and it's real heavy with battery pack, so a purchased a point and shoot for the cruise. However after seeing your pictures I know I will be disappointed with leaving my camera at home. I love your idea of shooting while everyone is resting; I will plan on doing this also......I think I might have to change my mind about bringing my 60D. Any suggestions?

Bravo!!!! Love your TR and pictures!!! Thank you, I was able to get a lot of information from your report. We leave in 2 days!!!! :wave2: Cindy

Girl, you rock! And this is coming from a Gamecock alum! Haha! My parents and I are doing this same itinerary at the end of August and now I really can't wait! I'm SO hitting up the margaritaville in Jamaica! But thank you for taking the time to write such an awesome review! I'm already following you on Facebook and Instagram because I can't wait to see your next Disney adventures! Lol fabulous job!!

I am feeling a bit sad as your TR is nearing its end.

Your pictures are incredible. They really do show the beauty of the Fantasy. I love your outside area long exposures, I agree with you that the lighting effects really do add a lot to the picture.

Thanks for taking your time to post all of your pictures. :thumbsup2

I feel sad when my trip reports come to an end, too! Luckily I don't have to wait too long until my next Disney trip - I'll be visiting Walt Disney World for the Fourth of July!

Thank you so much for the tr. We are doing the same itinerary in December but on the Magic. I was excited already but even more so after reading your report.:)

You're in for a great cruise... and you'll get beautiful holiday decorations!

Just found your review and I am in tears at how beautiful everything is. I will get on this cruise someday! Thank you for all the great shots and stories!

Thank you for your kind words! The Fantasy is absolutely beautiful. I really loved the ship.

Wonderful pictures! The ship is so beautiful and it really makes me want to book a trip. :)

Book a cruise! Book a cruise! Book a cruise! :banana:

I can imagine how sad it is on the last night of the cruise. :sad: You did a wonderful job taking those beautiful pictures. I love seeing everything so empty.

Thank you! It really was quiet and empty - such a great time to enjoy beautiful spaces like the atrium.

Great report and lovely photos!! I hope to do something similar for our trip next year... but I doubt it'll be this comprehensive :) Well done!

Thank you very much! Definitely write a report - I have found that mine get a little better each time.

WOW, I'm speechless! Thank you so very much for the tour. We are leaving on the 19 of July on the Fantasy for the 7 night. FIRST TIME EVER Cruisers! I'm so much more excited after looking at your TR, although it took me several days. I was not going to bring my Canon 60D, afraid of the salt water/air and it's real heavy with battery pack, so a purchased a point and shoot for the cruise. However after seeing your pictures I know I will be disappointed with leaving my camera at home. I love your idea of shooting while everyone is resting; I will plan on doing this also......I think I might have to change my mind about bringing my 60D. Any suggestions?

Ah, yes, my camera is not so heavy as it is a bit smaller and doesn't have the battery pack. Even if you don't use the 60D on a daily basis, depending on how you are getting there (driving or flying?) and how much space you have in your luggage, I think it would be worth it to bring along for photos of the ship. Of course, if you want long exposures, then you would want a tripod which is even more gear! I was also really glad to have my external flash for indoor photos of my family in the dining room and around the ship. You might take your point and shoot out in port and then carry your 60D in the evenings. It all depends on what your photography priorities are and whether or not you think that will take away from your ability to enjoy the cruise with your family.

Bravo!!!! Love your TR and pictures!!! Thank you, I was able to get a lot of information from your report. We leave in 2 days!!!! :wave2: Cindy

Thank you! I'm glad I could help - and I hope you have a great time on your cruise!!

Girl, you rock! And this is coming from a Gamecock alum! Haha! My parents and I are doing this same itinerary at the end of August and now I really can't wait! I'm SO hitting up the margaritaville in Jamaica! But thank you for taking the time to write such an awesome review! I'm already following you on Facebook and Instagram because I can't wait to see your next Disney adventures! Lol fabulous job!!

Why thank you! That means a lot coming from a Gamecock! :lmao: You won't have to wait long for more Disney adventures - I will return to Walt Disney World for the Fourth of July!

Where are you staying at WDW? When we get back we are going to Boardwalk Villas for a couple more days. I consider it weaning off the cruise and vacation slowly. Lol. Have fun on the 4th!

Where are you staying at WDW? When we get back we are going to Boardwalk Villas for a couple more days. I consider it weaning off the cruise and vacation slowly. Lol. Have fun on the 4th!

We will be staying at the Grand Floridian Resort. For some reason, we always end up here on the Fourth of July!

Love your trip report, and the pictures are amazing! I will be sad to see it end:)

Thank you very much!

May 17, 2014 - Port Canaveral

Disney's disembarkation breakfast is the most organized I've seen. Disney assigns all guests a dining room and time for breakfast on disembarkation day. The time correlates with guests' assigned dining time that week - main seating (6:45 PM) guests eat at 6:45 AM the final morning, while late seating (8:15 PM) guests eat at 8:15 AM the final morning. The assigned dining room is whatever rotational dining room you dine in on the previous night at the same table. What was really neat is that we were also served by our same wait staff, so we had one last opportunity to say good-bye. Guests who do not wish to dine at the assigned time may eat a buffet-style breakfast in Cabanas.

We had breakfast (late seating) at 8:15 AM in Animator's Palate. We brought all of our carry-off luggage with us, and our waiters helped us find places to put it so that our bags were out of the way.

Farewell Breakfast by vshingl, on Flickr

Getting off of the ship was a little bit of a mess. There was a long line, and the atrium was packed with people... and many crying children who did not want to go home (I feel ya, kids!). We were lucky enough to find ourselves behind a family which was good at strategically weaving their way in and out of the crowd, so I feel that we fared better in exit time than other families.

Port Canaveral by vshingl, on Flickr

We grabbed a porter to help us with all of our bags. The line to get through customs was long, but it moved fast. Check at the customs desk was perhaps the easiest I've been through. The customs officer didn't even look at Rachel's passport! He just quizzed Max and Dad about their alcohol (and he did Max with us, even though it's supposed to be one family at a time), and we were good to go.

Carnival Sunshine by vshingl, on Flickr

We were back in port with the Carnival Sunshine.

Disney Fantasy by vshingl, on Flickr

Good-bye, Disney Fantasy!!! (Also, I wish I had a photo like this with my car!)

Disney Fantasy by vshingl, on Flickr

While we were sad to leave the Disney Fantasy, we weren't finished with Disney magic, yet!

Magic Kingdom

We hadn't planned a day at Walt Disney World when we planned our cruise. While it would have been great fun to take off a week and a half and do a land and sea vacation, we really didn't have the time. We were, however, getting off the ship on a Saturday which gave us a free weekend, so the thought of going to Disney World after the cruise had certainly crossed all of our minds.

I think it was the second or third day of the cruise when Rachel said that this felt very Disney, but she didn't feel like she was quite there, yet. She needed to go to Disney World. So she proposed that after we leave the ship, we drive to Disney World and visit a park, then leave around 9 PM and drive through the night back home to South Carolina (Rachel and Max needed to be back on Sunday because Rachel was attending work training, and Max had to move to Columbia for his summer co-op rotation).

Rachel, Mom, Dad, and I are Disney Annual Passholders. Since activating them in October for our birthday/Food & Wine festival celebration, we also visited Disney World for New Year's. In October, we were among the first groups of people to test Disney Magic Bands, so we've had a good bit of experience using My Disney Experience and FastPass+. Max, however, has not been to Disney World since they have eliminated paper FastPasses and switched to FastPass+. While we already had Magic Bands and park tickets, Max was going to have to buy his one-day pass when we arrived. I was a little nervous about how it was going to work with my family using Magic Bands and Max having a one-day, one-park pass.

Our park of choice was the Magic Kingdom which is perhaps the worst to purchase tickets at because you have to do so at the Transportation and Ticket Center, and there are so many other people there to purchase and pick up their park tickets. I waited in a ridiculously long line with Max for half an hour so that he could buy his one day, one park pass. There really should be an express line for one day, one park passes because they take no time to sell. You should be able to purchase them out of a kiosk or something, even.

Rather than paper FastPasses, Disney World now allows guests to make three FastPass reservations in advance (click here to learn more about FastPass+). As soon as Max got his ticket (which was around 11:30 AM), I scanned it into my My Disney Experience app using the "Link a Ticket or Pass" scanner feature. I had already created a profile for Max, so after the ticket scanned, I was able to match it to his profile. On the monorail from the Transportation and Ticket Center to Magic Kingdom, I got us FastPass+ reservations for Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and Pirates of the Caribbean (because Splash Mountain was unavailable at the time). I was surprised at how easy it was to add FP+ reservations the day-of, immediately after purchasing a ticket.

So my advice for those purchasing tickets at the park or the day of use:

1. Download the free "My Disney Experience" app in advance.
2. Go ahead and log into the app and create an account.
3. Make a profile for yourself and everyone in your traveling party.
4. As soon as you get your tickets, have the MDE app open and be ready to scan in the ticket QR code and link each ticket to the profile of each family member.

Train Station by vshingl, on Flickr

Cinderella's Castle by vshingl, on Flickr

Now, I hate to do this to you, but I'm not going to continue posting our Magic Kingdom day on here because I don't want to get too off-topic from our cruise review. If you would like to continue reading about our day at the Magic Kingdom, please visit the complete post on my blog!

Link to read more -

Our day at Magic Kingdom using FastPass+

Loved your cruise reviews and all your stunning photos

Hoping to book the same cruise for Oct 2015 shortly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter