50's or H&V?

g3pak

DIS Veteran
Would you chose 50's or H&V? We will catch all of the characters other than Minnie at other meals.

We like 50’s a lot. We have never had bad food there (although comfort food might not be to everyone’s taste) and we have only had one server who wasn’t great (which is not bad, considering we have been going multiple times per year since they opened). It’s the first restaurant in the park we will check for availability.

They're so different from each other. If you like characters and buffets, then H&V. We prefer 50s but we really aren't into character meals or buffets.

This is something that boils down to which food you prefer. Look at the menus and watch YouTube videos of each to get a feel for the atmosphere (and a peek at the food).
And just consider if you’re not that concerned about the characters, you will be paying that premium character meal price for buffet food.

I thought 50’s was fun, but others have had different experiences. Would make sure you look into that because like almost all restaurants, experience will vary slightly by visit. I also thought the food was good for comfort/diner food.

Think people get in trouble when they’re expecting something more than comfort/diner food.

I think the food is equally bad at both. If you don't need to see characters, I would opt for 50's just to avoid the upcharge of a character meal.

I'm assuming you mean lunch/dinner. The food at H and V nothing great for that time but honestly nreakfast was one of the better character breakfasts I've had. Food for breakfast outshines lunch/dinner by a mile.

Thank you all. Yes, I meant to say dinner- I realized I left out that detail after posting.

We have been to 50's PTC multiple times and we like it. My daughter has some food allergies and she enjoys their fried chicken.

We also plan to go to 1900 PF. H&V seems to have a similar menu, so not sure I want two similar meals. The menu looks good- I can eat prime rib and peel and eat shrimp more than once. The MS mud pie looks good, too!

Just wondering if we should try something different in HS other than 50's and Sci-Fi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter