• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

50s Prime Time Pot Roast Question

Annie&Hallie'sMom

<font color=deeppink>Things turn out best for peop
I was reading someone's trip report about their dining experience at the Prime Time and it got my mouth watering thinking about the DELICIOUS pot roast I had there last time. I know how to make a pot roast (done it a couple of different ways), but does anybody know how they do it there? It was beyond good.

Thanks!

P.S. This is my first "new" post. Woo Hoo! :pinkbounc

I found this at Disney World - The Online Guide

On-Line Guide Recipes

Prime Time Pot Roast
(50s Prime Time Cafe)

5 lbs Top or bottom round roast
1½ cups Dry red wine
1 Onion, diced
2 Carrots, peeled and diced
2 Cloves garlic, minced
1 Stalk celery, diced
6 cups Beef Bouillon
¼ cup Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
Brown the meat on all sides and remove the meat to a roasting pan.
Pour the wine around the meat.
Saute the cut vegetables until golden brown and add to the roasting pan.
Pour the beef bouillon into the pan.
Pour liquid over the roast and cover.
Cook 30-45 minutes per pound.
Remove from oven and let rest for 15 minutes.

I try to marinate the roast for 24 hours in red wine....not a lot, about 1/2 cup and I turn the roast halfway through the day. I just add some additional water so it makes lots of gravy and the usual onion, salt and pepper. Then I cook it SLOW and LOW. I usually bake it about 4-6 hours on low (225-250) degrees and turn it once during that time as well. It falls apart it is so tender.

Just made it last night and it was DELICIOUS! (not as good as the Prime Time, but then again no one was serving me and I had to clean up). Thank you so much for the recipe help. I have a few ideas on how to make this even better.

Thank you!

Make sure you post those improvements! Always looking to make something good better.

Fkj2,

Here's what I was thinking I might do differently:

After browning the meat and putting it in the pan, I was going to poke a few holes in it so that it could sop up the wine once I poured it on. While working on the veggies, I would probably turn the meat so that all of it got amply covered with wine. (would probablu us a bit more wine)

Also would probably use more bouilon cubes, but less water (i.e. only 4 cups of water, but 5 or 6 cubes).

I also threw in some small potatos about an hour into as well

I'll probably be experimenting this weekend. It went over really well at my house! And I'm being "forced" try again.

You also have to understand, that I'm just beginning to learn about the joys of cooking. So I'm getting a big kick out of this!
:cool:

Just wanted to say I made the pot roast this week in the Crock Pot and it was absolutely wonderful!! The roast just fell apart and I strained some of the juices to make a gravy. Probably the best pot roast we ever had!! I modified the recipie to accommodate the crock pot and only used 1/2 cup red wine and 1 can of beef broth. I then added extra bullion cubes to "beef-up" the flavor of the juices. Definately a keeper!!

Sammy

I am definitely going to have to try this one! I had that pot roast at the Prime Time and it was yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter