$59 ASMu ...and more

Canadave

DIS Veteran
I just changed our ressies for January from the DC 20% discount at the ASMu to the $59./night special that is shown on the official Disney site and mentioned (of course) on the DIS. Saved another $30 or so Canadian...every dollar counts... especially after seeing today's paper with the headline about the low dollar exchange!!! I wasn't really concerned about the exchange until this past week. Hopefully it will go back up a bit before we have to buy passes and pay the balance on the room.
This has been a pretty depressing week, watching all the cutbacks at WDW and the ee on the rooms disappear.:( Is anyone else having a problem planning their trip now. I didn't have a problem with them cutting the number of times the shows (Beauty and the Beast, Pocohontas, Flights of Wonder etc.) were running, but they are not on everyday. We'll have to wait until just before we leave before we can plan which parks to go to each day. That can cause a problem with making PS's, especially at the Castle.
Well, I feel better, now that I've got that rant out of my system. I've had this small rage in me for a while. Even thought about cancelling our trip or spending less time at WDW! I hope things get better there and all over the world very soon.

Canadave

ps. sorry for sounding so down about something that should be so happy. I'm working on it.

Canadave,

I know how you feel. We have 7 nights at the ASMovies booked for January at AAA rate of $61.
We were so looking forward to using both EE and E-Night for the first time ever! We couldn't take advantage of it last year so we made sure we booked a full week so that we wouldn't miss an E-night opportunity.

Well, my brother and his wife just offered us a free room with them at a Vacation home they are staying at and it looks like we will be cancelling all but our last night at ASMovies. It's just not worth $110 CDN per night to us when there will be no EE & E-night.

I totally understand Disney having to cut back, but it's so hard watching things you think are absolute Magic closing permanently. Our ABSOLUTE favourite character breakfast was Artist Point, which is now closed and we really wanted to show our three nephews Carousel of Progress, which also is now closed.

Hubby and I joke all the time saying "I wonder if anything WILL be open by the time we get there?" :p

Canadave - I fully understand the conflicting feelings you have over planning your vacation now. I felt the same way as I watched the perks of staying on-site and other things I was looking forward to disappear one-by-one. ie. COP

But take heart - I got over it. I am so excited now. Please take a read of my post on the Families board to get an idea of the little things that I am thankful for. Like me, I am sure you will get in the mood more as your vacation approaches. Just two more sleeps for us.

I promise to give the real scoop on what the parks are like, waits, shows, etc. when we get home.

Thanks Timon and cdntowdw for your two cents.

cdntowdw: I checked out your thread on the Familes Board. Well said. The funny thing is that after I posted this thread, I read what I wrote and it gave me a new perspective on everything. One of the biggest reasons why we are going back to WDW was that the last time we were there (and only time), we had a great time because we were together as a family. One thing Disney can do is create a great family atmosphere. So as disappointed as I am with the changes, the main thing is that I will be spending over two wonderful weeks with my wife and children (no work or other committments!). It's just that it won't be quite as organized and planned as I would like it (but maybe that's a good thing :D
I haven't been able to get up my nerve to tell my 8 year old that one of her favourite attractions, COP, is closed. :( She just loves to sing along to the song on our WDW CD.

Have a great trip, cdntowdw, and fill us in when you get back.

Canadave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter