5G at the parks?

jaredjohn4

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner
Has there been a switch to or is there a near future plan to include 5G coverage in the parks. I have a spring trip coming up and might need a new phone by then.

No not yet. We bought new phones from Verizon and they told us the Orlando area would be covered by summer.
I live in Orlando and have seen multiple towers (not sure the term looks kinds like a light post) installed around the area

Unless things have changed since mdx rolled out I wouldnt expect upgrades for a while! They were likely rolling on 2/3g at that point!

Has there been a switch to or is there a near future plan to include 5G coverage in the parks. I have a spring trip coming up and might need a new phone by then.

I’m atanimal kingdom on a bus to dhs and show 5G on my iPhone 12 max pro

And to add while traveling between ak and dhs went back to lte then back to 5G when I got close to dhs.

so looks like targeted 5G in certain areas.

I haven’t found it for AT&T in very much of the Orlando area quite yet. From what I’ve heard, there are cell towers hidden in areas of the parks so I’m guessing the cell providers will have to coordinate with Disney to get in and upgrade them at some point. Was at the Springs this weekend and only had LTE

I have Verizon and I've been getting 5G while going between parks, but not inside the park themselves

I have Verizon and I've been getting 5G while going between parks, but not inside the park themselves

i am At&T.

so I think the conclusion Is there are some 5G towers on wdw property but nowhere near to being fully covered.

I’m curious, too. Recently upgraded from iphone 6 to SE.
You can’t get 5G on an iPhone SE. You will sometimes see 5Ge pop up but it’s LTE with a name that makes people feel like they’re accessing 5G but they are not as it’s literally impossible to get 5G on an SE.

People who have a phone capable of 5G- make sure your plan allows 5G access. Our grandfathered AT&T plan did not support 5G.

Just got back and found 5G to be rare and never inside the parks on Verizon. The good news to me at least wifi seemed way better than it was last I came 2 years ago.

You can’t get 5G on an iPhone SE. You will sometimes see 5Ge pop up but it’s LTE with a name that makes people feel like they’re accessing 5G but they are not as it’s literally impossible to get 5G on an SE.

People who have a phone capable of 5G- make sure your plan allows 5G access. Our grandfathered AT&T plan did not support 5G.

Good to know, thank you! Hub has iphone 12 so hopefully between the two of us we’ll have enough reception and battery life lol

It will be interesting to see how it performs inside of buildings or if they will deploy boosters. Because of the spectrum that 5G uses, it doesn't penetrate structures nearly as well as previous generations thus poor signals inside of buildings.

Yeah. 5g network and 5g speeds are 2 different animals. As far as towers, they are moving away from large towers and towards micro towers which aren't really towers at all. They could be placed all over the parks unseen.

I’m sitting in my room at SSR using 5G on my IPhone 12. No lag at all. The WiFi in the room is awful. Can’t even stay connected to it, it keeps dropping down to one line on the WiFi symbol and then dropping completely. So I turned WiFi off and am just using 5G.

Question - what is the reason for the ask? 5G doesn't benefit anything at Disney, especially if you use their wifi.

Question - what is the reason for the ask? 5G doesn't benefit anything at Disney, especially if you use their wifi.

it could for ride of the resistance. Every split second counts. Wdw WiFi sucks just too many people use it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter