5G at the parks?

Yes there is a plan. Permits have been filed for many of the resorts and some of the other facilities. Obviously some of those installations have happened. It appears, based on the rate they’re filing telecom permits, that it’s a major priority. I’d be surprised if there’s still dead zones in the frequently used guest areas at the end of the year.

The differences between 5G mobile network technologies and WiFi 6 are closer then ever. The revolution is in the radio, and antennas. Mix in a frequency band or two, and they are growing closer to almost indistinguishable. Couple these two with a common back end for authentication, and you may start to sense the immense shift in communication happening today. In the park and in the business sector too.

Did it work? I wonder whether we can finally have 5g at the parks.
Verizon's coverage map shows 5G coverage throughout most of the property, with just some holes in spots where you probably would be to need it anyway.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 9.12.27 AM.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 9.12.27 AM.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 6

I guess the investment location to upgrade inside the theme parks depends on how much money we are willing to give to Disney for specific locations to access .
Instead of hidden mickeys I will be looking for hidden cellphone towers with Mickey Ears!

To be honest, 5G isn't my top priority either. There are plenty of other things to focus on. However, for those interested in the state of 5G in the UK, I stumbled upon some insightful information at https://www.uctel.co.uk/blog/disadv...-the-uk-why-it-cant-replace-mobile-connection. It seems that mobile connection still has a significant role to play, and it will likely be a while before it's entirely replaced. It's always interesting to stay informed about advancements in technology, even if they're not at the forefront of our minds.

Last edited:
This is a pretty old thread - is this even an issue anymore?

I use T-Mobile indirectly and never really paid attention to whether it was 5g or not, but I am pretty sure it was.
I hade no connectivity issues and no issues getting VQ at 1PM or at 7AM from my hotel (Swan Dolphin)
I was also not tied to my phone, but I did use G+

Some others did seem to have connectivity issues - no idea who their provider was - so maybe some of them are still iffy or just overloaded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter