• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

6 Adults-too many meals part deux

sandys

Earning My Ears
Laundry is done!

Day 4
Rose and Crown
Our least favorite meal but one of the most fun. We got a wonderful table outside, middle, lower deck-perfect for Illuminations.
1 mushroom
2 Potato Leek soup-a real hit
salad-the greens were limp
2 steak and fish-the only time steak sauce was requested during the trip-my son decided he like HP sauce better than A!-who knew?
2 Bangers and Mash-reminded me of my school food in Bournemouth many years ago-nostalgic and filling.
Guinness cake, crumble and sticky pudding.
This meal was not about the food but the location. It was ok but not on a par with our other meals.

Day 5
Biergarten
Good, hearty German food. The sauerbraten was excellent as well as the cucumber salad. I was disappointed in the black forest cake but the strudle
was superior. Our waitress was great. The beer flowed. The white wine flight was a little sweet for my taste.
Day 6
Ragland Road
My older son and his wife did not do all their meals with us. They had actually booked Ragland for day 4. The restaurant was closed for a party and they received a voucher for drinks and appies.
We had
Drunken chicken
Goat town
Scallop forest
Ribs
Some soup??
Kevin Kudos-pronounced very delicious-reminded the boys of a really good ham steak
Bangers and Mash
Dulky Duo as an entree
2 Sheppards pies-the photos do not indicate how big this entree really is!
Loved it but could only eat half. We took 2 halfs back to the villa and I swear the box weighed 3 pounds.
The best deserts of the whole trip-bread pudding, raspberry something, choc. kiss and bates bangher (??)-my son said it was the best desert he ever had-wouldn't know, he refused to share!!
There was a service problem-2 deserts were served about 10 minutes before the others. It was a table runner snaffu. We brought it to the waitresses attention and the next thing we knew, the manager appeared table side and comped all the drinks (alot of Guinness and Harp was consumed). Totally unexpected and above and beyond customer service. Ragland Road will now be on our must do list. Exceptional meal. :love:

We really had to work hard to use our counter and snack credits. Even with the F&W. We enjoyed the empanada, lobster roll, snails, cheese tart, sausage and pretzel roll, shrimp, baklava, cheddar soup and more than I can remember
We did do 2 out of pocket meals for the experience and did not want to use our table service credits. We had a lunch at Sci Fi. Aside from the milk shakes and onion rings, it was pretty bad. Turkey sandwiches, chili (yuk) BLT soup (ok). Wish they had had hot dogs!
Crystal Palace Breakfast-excellent as always. I am a fool for the french toast :lovestruc
Counter Service
Flame tree-barbque sandwiches all around-pretty good. I really don't think people know how much seating is available. There are tons of tables in nooks and crannies all over the place.
Tangerine Cafe-hit of the trip!
Cantina de San Angelo
Plato Combinations-darn good. A very odd dessert-tasted like a fortune cookie with cinnamon sugar. They may want to reconsider that one.
Flat Bread
Chili dogs, chips and chocolate cake and cheese cake-hit the spot!
BC Market place
Ham, egg and cheese croissant-ok.
I can't comment on the other places since I wasn't there, but the others seemed to enjoy all they put in their mouths!
My son and daughter in law ate at Narcoose and the California Grille-no details other than they said the meals were top notch.
The cherry beer was a big hit and we had some nice white wines at the F&W.
We will be pushing for the Disney Drinking Plan-big bar tabs :rotfl:
All in all, it was a wonderful trip. Can't wait to do it again :yay:

Thanks for the reviews! :thumbsup2

A Drinking Dining Plan! What a great idea! :idea: :drinking1 :rotfl2:

Kidding aside though, the DDE card saved us quite a bit! We weren't on the DDP but we did ask if we could have used both the DDE & DDP, the answer was yes we could!!

(The Disney Dining Experience card can be purchased if you have the AP, & it saves you 20% on food & alcohol at participating TS restuarants) Here's a link for more info:

http://allearsnet.com/din/dde.htm

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter