6 Day Itinerary and Touring Plans - Comments/Suggestions Please??

Dopey'swife

Earning My Ears
Hello Everyone!:wave2: Long time lurker, first time poster.

My family and I have booked a package for 6 days, Nov. 21 thru 26. Although we've been to Disney many times, this is the first time we'll have stayed on Disney property. This will also be the first time that we've actually put time and effort into making a detailed itinerary so that we may utilize the time we have in the most effective way! Our primary source for touring plans came from The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World. Thanks!

Before I bang this all out, I would like to say that this is the BEST source of information on the web about anything Disney and I appreciate all that you guys do to make my planning not only easier but very fun. ::yes::

Here's what we've come up with:

First day, Fri. Nov. 21 - Dump luggage at ASMo, Arrive at EPCOT as quick as possible - probably arrive around 10am.
Head straight to Mission Space/Test Track and ride the one w/shortest line- then ride the other
Go to The Land, experience ride and eat at Sunshine Food Fair
Do Honey I Shrunk the Audience
If time permits, do Spaceship Earth or go to Resort and check-into room
Eat at World Premier Food Court, leave around 6pm and return to EPCOT
Do Spaceship Earth (if not already done)
Do Maelstrom @ Norway
Do El Rio Del Tempo @ Mexico
Wait for Illuminations @ 9pm
Pool time at Resort

Day two, Sat. Nov. 22 Disney Studios - EE
Arrive at 7:30
Do Rock-n-Roller Coaster
Do Tower of Terror
Do Star Tours
Do Muppet 3-D
Leave MGM, head to Typhoon Lagoon (weather permitting)
Eat @ Leaning Palms
Swim with the sharks and have water fun!
Return to resort around 5-6pm
Go to Disney Quest around 6:30pm and eat at Food Quest
Spend lots of money and play games

Day three, Sun. Nov. 23rd, Animal Kingdom
Arrive @ 8:30am
Do ITTBAB or DINOSAUR
Do Kilimanjaro Safari
Walk Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail (Pangani)
Ride Kali River Rapids Run
Walk Maharaja Jungle Trek
Go thru Safari Village, go to DinoLand ULA
Ride DINOSAUR (if missed earlier)
Ride Primevel Whirl
Check Entertainment Schedule
Eat at Restauraunosaurus
See: Tarzan, Flights of Wonder, Pocohontas Friends, Lion King
Between shows check out Cretaceous Trail & Boneyard & zoological exhibits around Tree of Life
Do Triceratop Spin
Take Wildlife Express Train to Conservation Station
Explore Conservation Station Area
Catch train back to Harambe
If time permits, shop, snack and repeat any favorites
Leave AK 6pm - go to resort until 7pm
Go to DD and have dinner @ Rainforest Cafe - reservations@8pm
Walk around DD/DQ

Day four, Mon. Nov. 24, Magic Kingdom
Arrive @ Magic Kingdom @ 8:30am
Do Space Mountain in Tomorrowland
Ride Splash Mountain
Ride Big Thunder Mountain
Ride Haunted Mansion
Do Philharmagic
Eat lunch
Ride Pirates of the Caribbean
Get on train to Toontown
Ride Speedway
Ride TTA
Do Carousel of Progress
Buzz Lightyear SRS
The Timekeeper
Eat Dinner
Do Hall of Presidents/Tom Sawyer Island (if time permits)
Do It's a Small World
Do Peter Pan's Flight or Winnie the Pooh (depending on wait time)
Go to Adventureland and ride the Jungle Cruise
Explore Swiss Family Treehouse (if time permits)
Do any rides missed (Magic Carpets of Alladin/Mad Tea Party)
Spectromagic 8pm/Wishes 9pm
Close @ 10pm :crazy2:

Day five, Tue. Nov. 25 EPCOT (2nd time of trip)
Arrive @ 8:30am / Ride Spaceship Earth if only thing open, if not:
Ride Test Track/Mission Space (whichever shorter ride first)
Ride Body Wars
Do Cranium Command
Universe of Energy
Eat lunch
Head to O'Canada!, see France movie, see American Adventure, See Wonders of China
Ride Journey Into the Imagination
See Food Rocks! and the Circle of Life
Do Living Seas
Return to Innoventions and play til close 7pm?
Ride boat to America and eat
Ride Nordstrom @ Norway
Ride El Rio Del Tempo @ Mexico
Closes @ 9pm
Pool time at resort

:(Last day 6, Wed. Nov. 26 Disney Studios
Check-out of resort @ 8am
Arrive at MGM around 8:30am
Check schedule times for Voyage of Little Mermaid, Indiana Jones and fit them into schedule
Do the Great Movie Ride
See Muppetvision 3D (if didn't on EE day)
Take The Magic of Disney Animation Tour
Eat early lunch @ Toy Story Pizza
Do Backlot Tour
Do Sounds Dangerous!
Do One Man's Dream
Play Who Wants to be a Millionaire
Disney Stars & Motor Parade @ 3pm
Arrive @ Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater, reservations @4:15pm
Play on Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set
FANTASMIC! 8:30pm
Hope to be seated and waiting around 7pm

Is this doable? There are three of us, our daughter is 9 and we are rarin' to go! Please tell us what you think!

Thanks!

Dopey'swife and Family

:listen: (we're all ears)

Looks like a good plan!

One suggestion- you have Kali River Rapids right before the Maharajah Jungle Trek- it might not be much fun to do the trek soaking wet! ;)

No comments from me on the itinerary itself (if Crystal says it's a go, that good enough for me :)) but did want to take a moment and welcome you to the DIS. And you are right, it is a pretty neat place, very helpful. Enjoy your trip. :wave2:

<center>
welcome17.gif
</center>

Dan :sunny:

I think some of your plans are a little ambitious. For example, at AK I doubt you'll be able to accomplish everything you have planned before lunch. I also think you need to plan the shows a little better or you're likely to miss a show you want to do or miss a ride you want to go on.

I also don't see how you're using FP. If you intend to use FP I suspect you'll have to alter the order of attractions. If you don't use FP you won't get everything done, especially at MK.

I would also take advantage of early entry. You are going commando and with EE you get so much done in that extra hour. Take advantage of it.

In all honesty, I don't think you'll be able to do each attraction in the order you have them. That's not a knock against your planning. I don't believe anyone can plan an itinerary that perfectly. Things always come up that affect the plan. A ride breaks down, crowds are bigger than expected, lines longer than anticipated, exhaustion sets in, etc.

That being said, your plan isn't bad as long as you realize you probably won't be able to do everything (at least not in the order you planned) and you stay flexible.

I hope I don't sound too negative. I know some people like to plan in detail, but I don't know how close they actually come to their plan. You have a lot of fun things planned. Just stay a little flexible, make sure you hit your "must do" attractions in each park, rest when needed, and HAVE FUN!!!

Sounds good! Hope you're eating your Wheaties!!! But I'll back XStAnt and say that you'll have fun even if you don't get to all of these plans. But we don't know you guys, and you could be whirlwinds!

I did want to suggest, on Monday, while you're waiting for Illuminations - head over to Japan for one of the Kaki Gori treats (sort of a snowcone thing but really tasty!). This is a nice spot to watch Illuminations. Doesn't allow a quick exit, but a great spot!

And welcome to the Dis!

Thanks for all the welcomes and responses. This is exactly why we wanted to get your opinions because we thought we might be overdoing it a bit. We've already rearranged a couple things based on your insight. Thank you!! :teeth:

Our itinerary is definitely flexible and we are prepared to change when necessary. A typical day for our family at the park consists of a lot of time wandering around somewhat aimlessly. We hope to be able to cut out some of the "Well what should we do now?" "Where do we want to eat?" This time we hope to have all those little details planned up front. Our daughter is at the age where she can pretty much keep up with us. The last time we went in '99, her legs were half as long.

We are pretty ambitious, but I would like to be able to relax and not rush around as much as possible. I suppose with an itinerary like we have, that might be impossible.

Thanks so much for the suggestions and keep 'em coming!

Dopey'swife and Family

:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter