60-Day FP Booking Window for Disney Springs Area Hotels; UPDATE: No Packages Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No; a package isn’t necessary. A room reservation plus linked tickets opens the 60-day booking window. Swan and Dolphin guests have this same perk with separately linked tickets.

That section in the announcement is not wiritten very well.

Ah, so that's the "rub" - you have to book a package through Disney to get the 60 day window? I just checked on hotels.com, and you can get the best western for like $100 a night in early June. I was going to book it at that rate and get the 60 day window, even though my family should have APs by then, which of course only gets you a 30 day window. But if you have to book through Disney, that $100/night probably jumps to like $160...

Oops, posted at the same time as hiroMyhiro. So you don't have to book through Disney, just need linked tickets. I assume APs would work then to get the 60 days?

I am so confused. I want to book a GoodPartner hotel through HOtels.com for one night, just to get my 60 day window. I want to use HOtels. com because I need to book there to save my rewards, and I want to book just one night because I am staying (already) for a week at the WBC timeshare. If I book through hotels.com; then by 2 annual passes and 1 3-day park hopper ticket, can I get fastpasses 60 days early?

I am so confused. I want to book a GoodPartner hotel through HOtels.com for one night, just to get my 60 day window. I want to use HOtels. com because I need to book there to save my rewards, and I want to book just one night because I am staying (already) for a week at the WBC timeshare. If I book through hotels.com; then by 2 annual passes and 1 3-day park hopper ticket, can I get fastpasses 60 days early?
Yes if it’s a Disney Springs Hotel. All the info is in the first post.

The 60-day FP Booking Window opens and you book FPs for your length of stay for the DSprings Hotel for the # of ticket entitlements that you have.

Also check the FP FAQ that’s linked in the first post for info on booking for Split Stays which is what you’ll have.

Sweeeeet. Best Western in Disney Springs is included. My favorite off site hotel just got better.

Able to pay less and stay at a better hotel than the Disney on site value hotels

Do you have to pay for parking?

Do you have to pay for parking?

You didn't use to. But about 1-2 years ago they really upped their prices and they do now charge for parking. It's pretty disappointing.

My two hotel "rules", aside from how nice it is, is that I'm not paying to park my own car in a parking lot and I'm not paying for wifi. Both of those are free or I stay elsewhere

There is no real benefit of staying on site anymore unless you are DVC.

Sure there is. Magical Express is the biggie, but also complimentary MagicBands and being able to charge to your room with them.

Sure there is. Magical Express is the biggie, but also complimentary MagicBands and being able to charge to your room with them.

If you can get a room much cheaper than staying on site, you can more than afford a cab to and from the airport. Plus many hotels offer shuttle service to the airport. You can still buy a magic band and link your CC to it as well as your MDE.

There is no benefit of staying on site besides spending more money.

:wave2:

Before we go too far OT here, friendly request that off-site / on-site resort debate is a topic better suited for other boards around the DIS. This thread is about the 60-day FP booking window feature currently being offered at certain Disney Springs resorts and related strategy/planning discussion.

:thanks:

We moved from wilderness lodge to Hilton lake Buenavista for 5/22 - 5/27 and saved $1300. Was able to book our FP 60 days out for the length of stay. This included parking and resort fees. Have recently booked the Hilton palace vista for the week of 7/14 thru mousesavers for $1250 total.

If you can get a room much cheaper than staying on site, you can more than afford a cab to and from the airport. Plus many hotels offer shuttle service to the airport. You can still buy a magic band and link your CC to it as well as your MDE.

There is no benefit of staying on site besides spending more money.

The point isn't whether you can afford a cab or not. You wrote that there is "no benefit" to staying onsite. Magical Express IS a benefit. And none of the Disney Springs area hotels offer an airport shuttle.

Also, you CANNOT link your CC to a MagicBand for purchases unless you are staying at a Disney resort.

:wave2:

Before we go too far OT here, friendly request that off-site / on-site resort debate is a topic better suited for other boards around the DIS. This thread is about the 60-day FP booking window feature currently being offered at certain Disney Springs resorts and related strategy/planning discussion.

:thanks:

Sorry, GADisneyDad14, I just wanted to correct the misinformation.

Reactions: Iya
The point isn't whether you can afford a cab or not. You wrote that there is "no benefit" to staying onsite. Magical Express IS a benefit. And none of the Disney Springs area hotels offer an airport shuttle.

Also, you CANNOT link your CC to a MagicBand for purchases unless you are staying at a Disney resort.

Sorry, GADisneyDad14, I just wanted to correct the misinformation.

I also pointed out that many other hotels offer free shuttles to and from the airport too. They will also have shuttles to and from the parks too.

Now I wonder if the hotels around Disney Springs will be offered some discounts on the meal plans? and maybe park passes?

Because the Disney Springs Hotels FP booking info has been included in the FP FAQ Booking area and because this info is also an info Sticky on the Orlando Board, closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter