8 day trip to HRH and WL. Day 1 HRH, IOA, and six sleepy people

mofred

Proud to be an American
Cast-Me-40 year old wannabe kid
Fiance (DF)-43 year old never was a kid:rolleyes:
DF's DS-19 year old, too cool to laugh out loud
DF DS-11, will ride Space Mountain, but not Tower of Terror
My DD-12 will do anything, anywhere, any time!
My DS-10 will ride the Hulk, but not Dinasaur

We started our trip at 3:30 a.m. Friday morning anticipating heat and exhaustion. (At that time of the day, it was hard to think of anything else). Our flight from Philly was on time and uneventful. We suffered our first mishap on the way out of Orlando airport, however. Somehow, we missed the turn to Universal and ended up going the other way for a while. And after all the posting I did about directions, all it took was missing a road sign:rolleyes: . We still managed to check in early at HRH around 9:30. WOW-What a gorgeous place!! We stowed our luggage after grabbing everything we needed for the parks, except ponchos. It was a beautiful day!

We headed to IOA first since it was so nice out and decided to eat lunch at the Cafe on Marvel Island. The cashier asked me if we had AAA. I batted my eyes and told him no. He winked back and said, "Now you do" and we promply saved $6.00!! There were only three of us that were going to do the HULK and we wanted the first ride to be all of us, so off to Spidey we went and waited a whomping six minutes:D. The Express was wonderful both days!!!

By the time we came out of Spidey, the darkening clouds had thickened quite a lot-of course, no ponchos:rolleyes: .

By the time we worked our way over to Dueling Dragons, the skies had opened up and all the coasters had closed down:mad: . We decided to see The Voyage of Sinbad-who gave Spidey a run for his money, I think:p, and Posidons Fury. The water tunnel was pretty neat and I liked the story line, but the kids were bored.

They had opened the coasters back up, but I was still seeing lightening strokes in the sky and even I'm not daredevil enough to go on those coasters watching lightening:earseek:

It was getting pretty close to 3:00, so we headed back to the Hotel, who still did not have our rooms ready. We made some noise, and got our rooms changed. They smelled of smoke, but we were too delighted with the rooms and too tired to care. The rooms are very nice-exactly like the pics that Barry posted a while back. We had a very pretty garden view room which showed us some of the water way back to the parks. I knew right then, that we were going to regret not staying here longer.

We headed out to Hard Rock Cafe where DF and I had the pigs platter:rolleyes: You can tell who was dieting for months up to this trip:p . There was a crazy waiter, who put on a wig, stuck two balloons up his shirt and danced like a lunatic all around the place to a Brittney Spears song. The place was roaring:p

We then headed back to IOA and got right on the HULK, without Express:) It was around 7:00. This is a scary, wonderful, stomach turning thrill and everytime you think it's over, it goes on some more! What fun! Then it was off to Dueling Dragons, where DD and I rode Ice. The timing was off and we missed our close call with Fire completely. We were in the second row too:( I love these kinds of rides-it was so smooth and soaring!

We took some pics, did Flying Unicorns for the kids (I hate this ride-too bumpy and headed back to HRH to collapse.

CONCLUSION: Two days is not enough at the HRH!

Glad you liked HRH. I agree two days is not enough. We just spent five nights there and I'm ready to go back!:D

Quote from my son JUST THIS MORNING...

Mommy, can we PLEEEEEEASE stay at the Hard Rock LONGER next time????

And we've been home a MONTH! :p

Thanks for the great report, M/T. I relive the experience with every report and can't WAIT to go back!

BTW, I'm with your 10yo, ANYTHING but Dinosaur.... :shiver:

Mmmmmm, we're at the HRH for 14 (FOURTEEN! ) nights in August - do you think that will be enough??? :p

14 nights?! Jealously strikes, maybe i'll change my ressies, lol.....I'm staying at PBH for 3 nights.......geeze for the price I can stay maybe a night longer at HRH...heeee. We go to Disney first for 8 nights. Anyone have any comments as to which I should stay longer US/IOA or DISNEY, my kids twins 13b, girl 9, boy 8........all daredevil riders, they want to hit the water parks at Disney., etc. They have never been to Disney or US/IOA.....I've been to Disney years ago and US only in CA. What dya think?

jsymee,
If your kids are daredevil riders, then spend more time at IOA. Disney has the Rock N Roller coaster which is great, but doesn't come close to the coasters at IOA. They'll also love Dudley's ripsaw falls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter