9/16/2017 Magic Transatlantic from Barcelona

I plan to bring a few extra, too, but I'll be getting mine this week, so that sort of limits my max postcard numbers. I know I'll have a bijillion things to do at the last minute, so I'd probably be happiest having a firm cut-off date: that way I can transfer the list to my itinerary sooner rather than leaving it as one-more-thing towards the end. :)

How about we say August 11th is the cut off. That way it gives it about a month before you might leave for the cruise (especially if you are going in early).

How about we say August 11th is the cut off. That way it gives it about a month before you might leave for the cruise (especially if you are going in early).

We would also appreciate such a cut off date and August 11th is fine with us !

Jumping in to say we have not booked our transfers yet. We are flying in on the 14th and are staying at the Crown Plaza hotel. I need to get on this as time is catching up on me but I cannot wait.

Id rather a cut off just because of packing and the fact that from the 28th I'm dog sitting until my holiday so wont have a chance to go get any more items. If it could be around the 20th it would be great for me

And I agree that the walk to the port is not very practical from what I remember. You definitely have one main road you need to cross

Seems the majority likes August 11th -- so as of August 11th, the postcard exchange list on page one will be final. I can gladly cut and paste it in a separate thread if it would make it easier for everyone to print from!

Seems the majority likes August 11th -- so as of August 11th, the postcard exchange list on page one will be final. I can gladly cut and paste it in a separate thread if it would make it easier for everyone to print from!

I added this to my lovely Excel doc that has all of the rest of my cruise info. I should probably sort it by deck and then whether Aft/Mid/Forward so I know which stairs to use.

I added this to my lovely Excel doc that has all of the rest of my cruise info. I should probably sort it by deck and then whether Aft/Mid/Forward so I know which stairs to use.

You'll get to visit lots of hallways and see great paintings while doing this ;)

So, back on the whole taxi situation...I found this app listed in an article on Trip Advisor for Barcelona taxis and went ahead and downloaded it. We plan to use a taxi from the airport and I guess to the port (I found it interesting that it's almost double for us to take a taxi to the port from our hotel than it is from the airport to the hotel, but oh well! Less stress for us to just call a cab).
https://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=770929286&mt=8

And if anyone is interested in the Trip Advisor article:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187497-c153447/Barcelona:Spain:Taxis.In.Barcelona.html

Hello Fellow Cruisers! I can't believe how quickly this trip is approaching (no booklet yet).

Since we are spending 2.5 days in Barcelona prior to the cruise, we were looking for places to get lunch and dinner (breakfast included in our hotel price). Our hotel is about a 5 minute walk from Las Ramblas. I looked on Trip Advisor for restaurants in that area. I think we'd be okay with tapas, especially at dinner. Does anyone who has been to that area of Barcelona have suggestions? We're trying to keep food costs reasonable and do not want to get dressed up.

Hello Fellow Cruisers! I can't believe how quickly this trip is approaching (no booklet yet).

Since we are spending 2.5 days in Barcelona prior to the cruise, we were looking for places to get lunch and dinner (breakfast included in our hotel price). Our hotel is about a 5 minute walk from Las Ramblas. I looked on Trip Advisor for restaurants in that area. I think we'd be okay with tapas, especially at dinner. Does anyone who has been to that area of Barcelona have suggestions? We're trying to keep food costs reasonable and do not want to get dressed up.

We stopped at a Tapa place on our day of arrival walk around Las Ramblas. We were zombies at first and then perked up when we saw the architecture and realized "we're in Spain!" I don't even know the name of the place, we were just walking around the streets and happened upon it. It was great! So Tapas are now my new food alternative to save money ;)

What are we thinking the weather is going to be during the crossing? Do you think a fleece jacket and a windbreaker will cut it? St John's looks to be in the 50s... If it's much colder at sea at night, then scarves and gloves might be good additions??

I really don't want to pack my whole wardrobe, but I also like to enjoy brisk weather by being prepared for it! HALP

What are we thinking the weather is going to be during the crossing? Do you think a fleece jacket and a windbreaker will cut it? St John's looks to be in the 50s... If it's much colder at sea at night, then scarves and gloves might be good additions??

I really don't want to pack my whole wardrobe, but I also like to enjoy brisk weather by being prepared for it! HALP

We packed one sweater each, and brought a windbreaker each. I did pack an extra hoodie sweatshirt for each in the end, and we were fine. It only rained once on our crossing and we were never really cold, but each crossing is different.

Last edited:
Haven't had notifications for this thread for the last week so assumed we were all being very quiet lol Glad to know it was just my account :D

Our quay in Lisbon is now known. It's different then the one the Dover Barcelona cruise used. We'll have santa apolonia which seems closer to the historic centre of the city 1.5 km

I need to look at how to get to the hop on hop off buses from here and Cadiz! That is my mission today I think

Very interesting article. In regards to the pricing I think taxis charge an extra fee for in city transport in Barcelona due to traffic etc. The route from airport is rarely congested so that could explain the pricing difference.

OK seriously panicing now! I was thinking just a cardigan would be enough! Now I may need to pack my pac-a-mac and maybe a hoodie! I may have to investigate weather!

We packed one sweater each, and brought a windbreaker each. I did pack an extra hoodie sweatshirt for each in the end, and we were fine. It only rained once on our crossing and we were never really cold, but each crossing is different.

hmmm maybe one more item needs to be packed!

Haven't had notifications for this thread for the last week so assumed we were all being very quiet lol Glad to know it was just my account

I've been in work purgatory for the last few weeks and pop in when I get a chance to breathe.

I'll probably just use layers. I already had a fleece jacket on my packing list. We can check 2 bags for free with our seat type on Norwegian so if I find that I need to spread out the weight between multiple bags then I'll have to bite the bullet and do it.

Haven't had notifications for this thread for the last week so assumed we were all being very quiet lol Glad to know it was just my account :D

I was having that happen a lot and was told that if you don't check in on the site, then notices of new postings stop being sent to you. Dumb feature, but that's what it is :confused3

Oy! I think I'm going to have to break out the waterproof jacket and fleece insert! We booked the sea kayaking excursion in St. John and if the weather is really that cool, I will definitely freeze by flat buns off that day!!

So speaking of taking a bunch of luggage, do we know yet how many formal/semi-formal nights we can expect? I feel like I will be packing for 4-seasons this trip :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter