$9 to park for lunch?

DisneyHumbug

DIS Veteran
I thought we'd have lunch one day at Margaritaville........but am I reading correctly that it will cost us $9 just to park????

unless you have an AP, walk over, or want to have a cab drop you off, it's now 9 bucks to park in the UO deck. resort guests can walk over or take the water taxis.

Just a thought, but . . . what's from stopping someone (me) with an annual pass from parking for free in the park's parking lot for the two nights I'm at the on-site resort instead of paying for self-parking at the resort? Is that like way cheap?!? Tacky!?!

I THOUGHT you got two hours free parking if you get validation from the restaurant. I think it is two hours valet parking if you are going to eat at one of the restaurants at citiwalk. you might want to check citywalks website though

I'm not sure cars are allowed to park over night in the garage.

Plus the walk is far from the garage to the hotels.

I'd check in in the a.m. and leave luggage, drive to parking lot, park, spend the day in the parks, then take the water taxi back to the resort. However, Robvia, you make a very good point about no overnight parking. I bet you're right about that.

robvia said:
I'm not sure cars are allowed to park over night in the garage.

Plus the walk is far from the garage to the hotels.

My niece(not a kid) went about a year ago - they live an hour away, car broke down and they had to leave it overnight. Were only able to with security knowing or it would have been towed - or so the security people told them.

I have heard of people asking to park overnight and getting permission but that's the exception. I think it would be easier (if deception is the key) to say that you did not drive at check in. We have only been charged at the on-sites about every other time.

You could park at the Florida Hospital Centre Care at Vineland and Universal, lug your luggage to PBH. I'm not sure what they would do if someone walked in.

$9 for parking? Another good reason to get the Preferred Annual Pass. I, too, heard you could get parking validated at some restaurants.

I think there is free parking for City Walk after 6PM. If so, you may consider going for dinner instead of lunch.

I know parking's free after 6 pm (unless that's gone now too), but how do you get validated after lunch? get a refund at guset relations?

Hey DisneyHumbug:

This is what Margaritaville's website (http://www.margaritavilleorlando.com) says about parking:

"Parking fees are $9 per car before 6pm. Parking is free after 6 pm. Valet parking is available daily at regular Universal Orlando valet rates. We do validate valet parking from 11am-2pm Monday through Thursday for up to two hours."

Hope this helps! :D

Thanks for the link and info AllieKat........two hours should be enough time for a quick bite and a margarita!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter