A (2019) HalloXmas trip to Asia - Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo! - COMPLETED 5/1!!!

That New York show looked interesting!! I'm sure some of the stereotypes were a bit silly but...still nice to be able to see some different shows. I love the ship idea, really cool.

Looks fun, cool gymnasts. Enjoying the little clips you are putting in too!
Yeah it was a fun show. Thanks - I took little videos for instagram so it's good to share them here too!
That New York show looked interesting!! I'm sure some of the stereotypes were a bit silly but...still nice to be able to see some different shows. I love the ship idea, really cool.
I do like different types of shows and that ship was very cool!

(Lots of updates here to make up for no posting due to Hackers this weekend)

Part 6 – Evening Wanderings and a show

It had been a decent amount of time since lunch, so I stopped to get some food at Dockside Diner. The theming is cool inside, really looking like the ship terminal. There was a sizable wait, but the Tokyo Disney app had introduced “wait times” at quick service restaurants, so I could see nearly every place had a longer line.

DeAV08g.jpg
T5rZjj9.jpg
GfH3gSG.jpg
UJ5pVAz.jpg
IYPgevc.jpg
TW7WlTz.jpg
yxQd3ji.jpg

It was annoying trying to find a seat though, as there were several areas where people had pulled together lots of chairs and were laying on them like a bench! Very aggravating when I had a tray of food and wanted to eat!

To eat, I got a seasonal dish – the Roast Beef and Shrimp Sandwich. I think it was interesting. Not my favorite, but not horrible. I’m pretty sure there was lots of sauce on it though, so I had to wipe it all off. Cute wrapping though!

NKaihtw.jpg
SIbvTD3.jpg
eK5uecC.jpg
wuDPlM7.jpg
Gze4bQP.jpg
b7Fb99C.jpg

Looks like I also got a dessert, looks like some type of strawberry cake and cream puff?

ueffWcL.jpg

After resting my feet for a bit, I decided to go on some nighttime photo wandering.

Starting in American Waterfront

EYsItMv.jpg
qR90ycf.jpg
TkuKVpS.jpg
n5Fg3X4.jpg
uIQQ5u0.jpg
utAXNDx.jpg
RXClxx8.jpg

I ran into the jokestore custodian (not sure if he has a real name), but it was awesome!

o13iHuV.jpg
rPW0f0I.jpg
mgCCxtD.jpg

Last edited:
And Toyville Trolley Park. This is where Toy Story Mania is located, however it is such a popular ride (and wait), I never bothered to try and ride.

NMCUoFT.jpg
1DzePjs.jpg
UAposy8.jpg
fFmGsWr.jpg
g7qVmD7.jpg
MJLdnRp.jpg
RoJrbzd.jpg

Some more in the NY area

VfUwiVn.jpg
Axc5QFz.jpg
Pzw7TNQ.jpg
6U3NjRJ.jpg
TTq2CTC.jpg
ovAh54F.jpg

New Duffy windows. Super cute!

en0l2Pq.jpg
3JaLHTK.jpg
kg7Wfpl.jpg
LSEinAn.jpg

And of course Scrooge McDuck had to decorate with lots of gold!

AywXALd.jpg
s6YUdNS.jpg
X7lkMp7.jpg
idtSmog.jpg
zZ4zj5S.jpg
GWfAR0L.jpg

Interior Duffy decorations. Stella Lou’s winter outfit was so cute I ended up getting one of her plushes and that outfit.

HMmpcLr.jpg
HRyE7cL.jpg
86UaPyp.jpg
Brtmz78.jpg

As I continued up into the Lost River Delta I came across a relatively empty popcorn stand, which was exciting since it had a bucket I had wanted, the new Tangled one! I also got a carton of caramel popcorn with it, though I only had a few bites of that (it was getting too caught in my teeth). But considering how it was regularly 1 hr wait for these buckets, I considered myself lucky!

TgYRvP3.jpg

And some photos of the lights. Very pretty!

FhfxeiI.jpg
fJ2WJ1b.jpg
qGohAKg.jpg
7NFIjJ9.jpg
Jk4hKqi.jpg
EPc7wrG.jpg
2nGPJK8.jpg
6Ldcr8s.jpg
KsXxhkC.jpg
XSNFhJA.jpg
5Ec7JPq.jpg
Zlbg71V.jpg
oAA5GCO.jpg
q8BndF9.jpg
0KQWZy2.jpg
TB2MVus.jpg
nSI0TmZ.jpg

And over to the Arabian Coast. I ended up getting a ride on Jasmine’s Flying Carpets (same basic ride as in MK but themed like a more elegant fountain), though the CMs were adamant that I couldn’t take photos/video while on the ride…

vXgk1qI.jpg
fGQEPRL.jpg
Kys7TUt.jpg
xgCVD7O.jpg
w2fdrBx.jpg

The top of the fountain had a lovely peacock whose tail was part of the fountain

SKRxTYS.jpg

And also went ahead to ride the double decker carousel. I don’t know if it’s actually a double decker, or just two on top of each other, but it’s a fun different effect, and really fits the whole Arabian theme.

v8bUgsA.jpg

Of course, I had to ride on the second level! They actually have a separation within the queue and proper concrete stairs, so you don’t walk up/down stairs on the actual carousel. They have some Genie figures you can ride on (you can see I was in the row behind one of them), but I think I picked the elephant instead.

tbeD1Br.jpg
1RP6Fic.jpg
hnhZm9v.jpg
Sa1Mtvc.jpg
qVsijXW.jpg

While I was walking thru the land I realized Fantasmic was going on (I had decided to skip that this evening so I could enjoy the evening ambiance). So I was able to catch the volcano exploding at the end of the show.

UTpnL5U.jpg
r01eov1.jpg
RwDVc8H.jpg

I also stopped for snacks in Mysterious Island. Two classics: the Potato Churro and Gyoza Dog. The potato churro is sort of like the dough is pressed potato, and then the interior is a ribbon of a savory sauce (maybe demi-glace). But I liked it a lot! And Gyoza Dog is like a gyoza dumpling inside a bao bun. Also, a fan!

E8epmWW.jpg
WxtUrY0.jpg
4MKmoaT.jpg

I think while I was eating the “churro” I sat on the dock down on the water to try and catch the Fantasmic floats being brought back into the docks (they are stored under the volcano)

7O1wRgJ.jpg

Lots of people cleared out after Fantasmic, so as I walked around the corner I was able to get a “front row” spot for the Christmas evening show, NAME. This was the final year (because they reuse some of the Fantasmic boats, and with Fantasmic ending in 2020, it made sense for this to end too). While it was a front row, unfortunately there was a railing between me and the water, and unlike Disneyland Fantasmic, we weren’t allowed to be right up next to it, so I had some bars blocking my photos. (Don’t worry, I took much better photos a couple days later.)

nS5Ygmm.jpg
xefLUeI.jpg

The show – basically the big Sorceror’s Hat from Fantasmic becomes a Christmas tree, there are a few other smaller Christmas trees scattered around the harbor, and three boats come out (one with Mickey and friends, one with Duffy and co, and one with Pinnochio, Jiminiy cricket, Genie, and Abu). Overall it’s cute. Not sure if there is a real story, but it was pretty to look at!

shr5v3x.jpg
QWlCdfi.jpg
aAPeyIQ.jpg
NBoc0mC.jpg

l6wCUkV.jpg
t50swyS.jpg
fTQT98A.jpg

gO36Lw0.jpg
6OiOQRW.jpg
ZRBwdUY.jpg
lUoKotv.jpg
WdR6tMlh.gif

URLVuQ3.jpg
izT4WSq.jpg
ZgbsUSc.jpg
NlrbRV6h.gif

After the show the “tree” stays illuminated, which is very pretty.

F1eNIy0.jpg
jXIRtXY.jpg
6HsdgiC.jpg
WNmLOhY.jpg

A POV of the full show

Time to head out for the night. I collected all my purchases, admired the monorail platform tree, and back to hotel to crash!

jWMV6xH.jpg

Coming up: Christmas at Disneyland...how many parades can I see in one day, lol?

How exciting that you were able to get the Rapunzel popcorn bucket--that's super cute, and I haven't seen it anywhere else!! Is the little Pascal a clip on the lanyard? He's adorable!

Weird they wouldn't let you take pics on the ride...do you think people often drop their stuff doing that or ?? Just so odd that they specifically mention it at this ride.

I LOVE the double-decker carousel!! We have one in IL at Six Flags Great America, and any time we visit, I always have to ride up on top. (I actually just looked it up to see a picture of it, and found a fun fact--there is apparently a twin to the one at our Six Flags at California's Great America.)

What a cute little Christmas water show/parade. I'm excited to see your better pics the next time you were able to see it. And PS forgot to mention above how much I love the Feliz Navidad area decorations--they were awesome in the daytime, but even better at night, all lit up!!!

As usual you have some great pics and it looked like a great day! That shrimp and roast beef sandwich looked interesting...I'm all about the food and merch lol. Yay for popcorn bucket!!!

How exciting that you were able to get the Rapunzel popcorn bucket--that's super cute, and I haven't seen it anywhere else!! Is the little Pascal a clip on the lanyard? He's adorable!

Weird they wouldn't let you take pics on the ride...do you think people often drop their stuff doing that or ?? Just so odd that they specifically mention it at this ride.

I LOVE the double-decker carousel!! We have one in IL at Six Flags Great America, and any time we visit, I always have to ride up on top. (I actually just looked it up to see a picture of it, and found a fun fact--there is apparently a twin to the one at our Six Flags at California's Great America.)

What a cute little Christmas water show/parade. I'm excited to see your better pics the next time you were able to see it. And PS forgot to mention above how much I love the Feliz Navidad area decorations--they were awesome in the daytime, but even better at night, all lit up!!!
I was psyched about the popcorn bucket! They had so many cute ones, but I knew I needed to limit myself to a max of 2 due to luggage space! And yes, that was a pascal clip!

Sometimes it was weird - like they felt like they knew better than you did about keeping things secure. Flying Carpets and Aquatopia were both things you weren't supposed to take photos on.

That sounds fun about the carousel! I do wonder if it was a true double decker because it felt like a proper building so could have been two different carousels on top of each other, but it also could have actually been a double decker. I just liked how it was something a little different and really fit the land!

The Christmas colors show was so pretty! I definitely took lots more photos and video
As usual you have some great pics and it looked like a great day! That shrimp and roast beef sandwich looked interesting...I'm all about the food and merch lol. Yay for popcorn bucket!!!
Thanks! The sandwich was definitely interesting. I had to go out of my comfort zone a lot with the food at the parks but it mostly turned out ok!

Day 20
Friday, November 8, 2019

Part 1 – Another Rope Drop

Today was the first official day of Christmas at Tokyo Disney Resort! Also, it was my last day at Disneyland (I would be going to DisneySea the following day).

Even the hotel shuttle was decked out with special Christmas stuff. These buses go back and forth from one hotel to the monorail station. The Sheraton was right across the street, so I only used them if the bus was literally loading as I walked out the front door, though I did occasionally use them to get back at the end of the day if I was too tired!

1iIxR2B.jpg
BJmJZhl.jpg

Plenty of people at rope drop. But I got in relatively quickly and grabbed a fastpass for Honey Hunt good in about an hour.

4iiP0H1.jpg
8rwrzQU.png

Since it was my favorite ride at TDL, I went ahead and rope dropped it too!

nkVWFHs.jpg
pdxv3hd.jpg
MbAhOuu.jpg
TEOh7v5.jpg

Walked through Fantasyland. Not too many crowds just yet.

UGPiTEi.jpg

But I did come across the break dancing custodians, which were a fun duo!

9tXUPcC.jpg
17OD8og.png
Kfw8R0G.png
LDKqPqf.png
zvmSNIl.png

I think I grabbed a parade spot, leaving my bag to hold the spot (again, this is totally common practice in Tokyo), while I made a quick stop at Toontown. Some Christmas decoration photos.

c5xfeRh.jpg
w3Tsh8M.jpg
dCtMAoF.jpg
yCxzCUK.jpg
SdkcwYn.jpg
CJqrws0.jpg
jQdBsIz.jpg
e3uGgVw.jpg
Sb6vQ4d.jpg
vzoxSHE.jpg
h2s5vZD.jpg
VbuLxPh.jpg

For breakfast I stopped at Toontown Treats, where I got the “Long Nan”. At Halloween this was purple dough and filled with curry, but at normal times it’s a plain Naan style bread filled with a tomato meat sauce. It was really good! Very chewy and flavorful.

rqMkBHO.jpg
Tw8dv8a.jpg
gCgdWcw.jpg

I didn’t get the Pizza Spring Roll, which is a staple at Tokyo Disney, because I think I was worried there would be pepperoni inside (I don’t like that), but I think now they are just cheese. (Can someone who has had one correct me?). So this photo isn’t from me.

npAelNS.jpg

Coming up - Christmas Stories parade

Great updates. I love that you can dump your bag to reserve your spot (presume you took wallet out though?)
The snacks look very fun.
Lights are gorgeous. Wonder of the entertainment is all back at TDR yet..

Great updates. I love that you can dump your bag to reserve your spot (presume you took wallet out though?)
The snacks look very fun.
Lights are gorgeous. Wonder of the entertainment is all back at TDR yet..
Yeah I definitely kept anything valuable with me! Though I never saw anyone go thru or pay any mind to anyone else's bag.

The snacks did look and taste fun!

I think the parades may have just restarted last month? But not as big as before - just the shorter easter seasonal one. And they weren't doing Dreamlights; instead they did the shorter Nightfall Glow one (which normally runs when it rains). Basically a longer evening character cavalcade. Tokyo has been having occasional surges so sometimes they severely reduce capacity! (Also they have a longer procedure to approve vaccines so they only have hit up 0.9% of the population with at least one dose.)

Part 2 – Christmas Stories

For the Christmas parade this time I decided to check out the first show stop, rather than the second one in the hub. I was on the Fantasyland side of the boundary between Fantasyland and Westernland.

PWip8Qn.jpg
0JOJoNp.jpg
VxJIVSi.jpg
Huqq1CQ.jpg
8xVRJMG.jpg
6WYYKeg.jpg

I think these were my favorite dancer costumes! So quirky!

GYHugkZ.jpg
OGPAgFu.jpg

The trees reminded me of something we wore as girl scouts in our town’s Christmas parade, lol!

wxjXvoy.jpg
fS7nHLH.jpg
m4K5xF1.jpg
K2NaMqj.jpg
V9QVejW.jpg
m7jz4lN.jpg
zyn9Mv6.jpg
JfleTBq.jpg

Pluto and the reindeer always looked like they had fun

sbCdy9r.jpg
HXet8cu.jpg
lWjGFjI.jpg
in33JQe.jpg
DQkBPEg.jpg
To0hHIk.jpg
s3pXiXT.jpg
H39mFJQ.jpg

The gingerbread suits were also cute

Azf4ACD.jpg
7zDxp1B.jpg
f4WVs61.jpg

It was cool how they had a Stitch float. Though I realized they didn’t have Winnie the Pooh and friends, who would seem like a good fit for a Christmas parade.

Rni66hz.jpg
Pk3t6ax.jpg
pbYVVdC.jpg
5DNcWFk.jpg

I was hoping to be near Snow White’s float but I ended up being next to Beauty and the Beast. Not a bad spot, just not as fun as seeing the dwarves dance around!

UZcemqO.jpg
s5QVPN1.jpg
nS3dvbS.jpg
3RYzqSx.jpg
897wZGn.jpg
SjF7nL7.jpg
iX01hUs.jpg
5drVD5J.jpg
kkqRGLP.jpg
ZJ6Iswt.jpg
CT9Wqhl.jpg
VkFnZpq.jpg
H7tfA8i.jpg

And post-show stop

W2eMINs.jpg
dsyolVu.jpg
SvyqQam.jpg
FE6OLmh.jpg
yY16fOR.jpg
VtwRbYr.jpg
7N1eUcl.jpg

Overall still a lovely Christmas parade.

Coming up - Westernland attractions and more food, of course!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter