A Birthday, Besties, and Bubbly...with Jen and Joe on the Go!!! 9/29 Link to New Report and We're Back Again!

I saw that story about the woman with the pot and firearms. So crazy!

Those chocolate nitro cake pops look amazing! I think there are plenty of us here who will consume your share of chocolate in the world!

I saw that story about the woman with the pot and firearms. So crazy!
We actually read it while we were waiting for our bread to arrive at Le Cellier. That's when the whole security thing made more sense. There was even a drug-sniffing dog there.

Those chocolate nitro cake pops look amazing! I think there are plenty of us here who will consume your share of chocolate in the world!
I bet Joe gets another one in September. LOL!

Side note, the day before we got to Epcot, a lady was arrested for bringing a bag of pot and 2 semi-automatic weapons with her in her diaper bag to Epcot, so I totally understand why my bag got flagged.
Only in America........
where Jorge gave me a free Mickey Premium Bar because it was my birthday. How's that for a little bit of pixie dust right off the bat?!?! It wouldn't be the only time either...
So sweet!
After dinner, Joe and I were officially beat. We hopped back on the Skyliner to the Riviera Resort, took a quick swim in the pool, a dip in the hot tub, showered, and called it a night. We were exhausted from being up at 2 am for our early morning flight.
You had a totally full day! I can't believe how much you got done. :)

Popping back to say I watched both new vlogs and got a kick out of the guest appearance of Malificent/Raven in the background! Too cute!

Also, that green off the shoulder dress/romper you have on in the Epcot pictures is so cute! Where did you get it?

I knew most of the answers for getting to know you! I have learned a lot about you from your reports and meeting you!
I love the Goo goo dolls! I do think the lead singer has had some face work recently, they all start to look like porcelain dolls, I saw him on Hell’s Kitchen. I hate that look 👀

You had a totally full day! I can't believe how much you got done. :)
I know, right!!! I think we ended up being busier then we wanted but still had such a good time. We are taking it much slower in September (41 days to go). I honestly think we'll spend a little less time in the parks and more time by the pool.

Popping back to say I watched both new vlogs and got a kick out of the guest appearance of Malificent/Raven in the background! Too cute!
Aww! Thank you. Those kittens are so incredibly cute and loving. Just last night, Maleficent took a running leap onto my lap and snuggled with me for a half-hour.

Also, that green off the shoulder dress/romper you have on in the Epcot pictures is so cute! Where did you get it?
It's a place called Shein. Cloe from the DIS told me about it and I've ordered quite a few things from them. I have 3 more pieces coming, lol!

I knew most of the answers for getting to know you! I have learned a lot about you from your reports and meeting you!
HAHA!

I love the Goo goo dolls! I do think the lead singer has had some face work recently, they all start to look like porcelain dolls, I saw him on Hell’s Kitchen. I hate that look 👀
YES!!! Johnny Rzeznik is looking a little fake these last few years. I think it's better to grow old naturally.

It's a place called Shein. Cloe from the DIS told me about it and I've ordered quite a few things from them. I have 3 more pieces coming, lol!
I've seen a lot of adverts for them on FB and IG but have never ordered. I may have to change that. lol!

I've seen a lot of adverts for them on FB and IG but have never ordered. I may have to change that. lol!
My girlfriend, Alison and I call it disposable clothing. They are trendy pieces at good prices. If you ruin the outfit, you don't have to worry because you didn't spend a fortune.

I enjoyed your video. I can see why you might like the taste of Coke over Pepsi. They use artificial coloring in Pepsi but not in Coke. And Jen needs to visit Hawaii. It is wonderful there. :)
Thank you so much. Seriously would LOVE to go to Hawaii. I just don't think I can do the flight. LOL!

I couldn't believe that Joe and I received our room ready text at 9:45 am!!! I think that's the earliest our room has ever been ready. We were so excited to finally get to this amazing resort and have a look-see...
Wow! That is insanely early. Can you believe in all our Disney trips we have never once gotten a room ready text :confused3 I've resigned myself that there is just something wrong with our account.

And that view!!!! It was the million-dollar view, the money shot. We absolutely LOVED it!
Gorgeous view indeed. I didn't think they had balconies there but think I may have been confusing it with the new Coronado tower

Let me start by saying that Bar Riva is now one of my new favorite bars in all of Disney. It's an open-air bar with plenty of seats inside and outside but not enough for a huge crowd...It's the perfect size in my opinion.
I watched the vlog yesterday and this totally looks like my kinda place. Not sure how we are going to feel about eating inside come our November trip so I've been scoping out all the outdoor options. In related news I did get Jason out of the house for the first time since March yesterday!!! Literally he's only gone to do curb side grocery or take-out but nothing else. We just had lunch and beers at a local brewery with a huge outdoor area so baby steps.

D8DB03AE-C968-473E-BDB3-A10E0FF9EB1C.jpeg
These salads look so good I think you just inspired some dinner tonight. Me (the person who leaves the house) has a date at Trader Joe's this afternoon so perfect timing

Well, Joe came it at 100 (I wonder what that was all about. He felt fine) and of course I set off the security alarms.
I'm so worried about these temperature screening things. It's not unusual for me to run a low grade fever and I fear getting tossed out. I have to get my temp taken everyday when I go to work and I've had two times when I came up over 100. Thankfully they had me sit and wait a few minutes before taking it again and it registered lower but certainly don't want to encounter this at Disney

Then we hit up (in no particular order) Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Mission Space, Figment, and Nemo, all walk-ons. After Nemo, Joe was in need of some water, so we stopped at one of the ice cream carts, where Jorge gave me a free Mickey Premium Bar because it was my birthday. How's that for a little bit of pixie dust right off the bat?!?! It wouldn't be the only time either...
All of this sounds like some serious pixie dust to me. Can't wait for the low crowds

We just wanted to add another aspect to our channel that went beyond our current content and highlighted our personalities and some of the places we enjoy visiting outside the city of Chicago (western suburbs).
And what personalities they are to highlight :D Seriously I watched yesterday and it was a lot of fun.

Wow! That is insanely early. Can you believe in all our Disney trips we have never once gotten a room ready text :confused3 I've resigned myself that there is just something wrong with our account.
We've had both. We have received quite a few before noon and there have been times when I have to go to the desk because we don't receive our room ready text at all.

Gorgeous view indeed. I didn't think they had balconies there but think I may have been confusing it with the new Coronado tower
I believe every room has a balcony. Also, you had the best view EVER with that scaffolding!!! LOL!

I watched the vlog yesterday and this totally looks like my kinda place. Not sure how we are going to feel about eating inside come our November trip so I've been scoping out all the outdoor options. In related news I did get Jason out of the house for the first time since March yesterday!!! Literally he's only gone to do curb side grocery or take-out but nothing else. We just had lunch and beers at a local brewery with a huge outdoor area so baby steps.
It's open at the front, so it's not completely closed in. We had a nice breeze that day, so we totally felt comfortable. I think Jason would do ok here. Plus, it's limited capacity and every table is social distanced.

These salads look so good I think you just inspired some dinner tonight. Me (the person who leaves the house) has a date at Trader Joe's this afternoon so perfect timing
These salads were AWESOME. Let me know if you were able to replicate them...

And what personalities they are to highlight :D Seriously I watched yesterday and it was a lot of fun.
Thanks Kari!!! You not only are my sister-wife but our #1 fan. LMAO!!!

We're Moving Out...

It sure felt good to sleep in. But, we had some packing up and moving out to do. Our time at the Riviera Resort was coming to an end. BUT, we had new digs to get to. We were spending the next 3 nights at the Contemporary Resort. So, we showered, packed, loaded up the car, and drove over to the CR. We hadn't received our room ready text, so we parked the car (in a very full lot) and made the walk over to the MK. We had park reservations there today and a lunch reservation to get to. Side note...We would learn later that the CR was almost at full capacity, which totally threw Joe and I. We thought the resorts were only taking guests up to 25% capacity... :confused3

But first, we met up with @CruellaNY and her other half, Steve, and rode BTMRR together. It was so good to see them and it wouldn't be the only time we spent together. We had a lot of plans together and had the best time with them (as usual). I have no picture to document this momentous occasion but I promise you there will be a ton to come... :rolleyes1 😘 😁

Our time with our friends was brief, but Joe and I had lunch reservations to get to and we were HUNGRY! We were eating at The Plaza!!! This is one of our fav TS restaurants in the MK. It's quick, the service has always been good, it's inexpensive and the food is delicious!!! We used our phones to check-in and received our table ready text right away. We were given a table right in front of the windows with a beautiful view of the Castle. #beautiful

Our server seemed very rushed and unattentive. He reversed both our drink and food orders and wasn't very friendly to be quite honest. He only had 3 tables so Joe and I chalked it up to him having a bad day...I started with a Coke and Joe had lemonade. Joe had a bowl of the turkey soup (what is it with Joe ordering soup when it's 90 degrees outside...). We split the turkey club with fries. This hit the spot and we were soon on our way to riding PoTC, LM, Buzz, The Flying Carpets, and PP. We also stopped and got a Dole Whip, one of our fav Disney snacks.

Joe and I both thought the MK was very crowded so we chose not to spend a lot of time there. We also decided early on that we would not be taking a lot of Memory Maker pics or otherwise with our masks on. We didn't want to document our trip that way. We both aren't fans of the masks and thought it was silly to take pics when you couldn't see 3 quarters of our faces. But, that's just us. We also didn't want to commemorate the COVID 19 Pandemic that way...So, any chance we got without breaking the rules, we took pics without our masks.

We did a bit of shopping before heading out of the MK. We also ran into @CruellaNY and Steve before we left the park. LOL!

We still hadn't received our room ready text yet and I want to say it was about 4 pm. So, we headed straight to the desk (This is also when the CM told us how full the resort was. Other than the parking lot, we never felt it was crowded). We were given an awesome room at the back of the Garden Wing overlooking Bay Lake. It was quite stunning. FYI, we had booked a standard view this trip so this was more pixie dust!!!

Next up, dinner plans in DS with the besties. Oh, and it was my birthday today, so extra celebrating was in order!!!!

06523A91-10F5-420C-B453-6DA8FA72CFF5.jpeg4F416579-2754-485F-BB75-9AEE1E508B59.jpeg9A847F04-00BE-49D0-82A3-CBBBAFFB5E5A.jpegCB56A32B-6D36-4227-AF86-8D55DB0B333C.jpeg9382814A-DC56-4470-A7EC-721CF649104B.jpeg64C9A881-DDD6-40EF-8B7A-9E60988B7248.jpeg848DAD5D-8265-47E9-9E3D-53FE60BFBC59.jpegF3032B32-6980-4801-B6CD-7084305EF635.jpeg47EE6CCB-471B-4370-963D-63A45CBC2888.jpeg

Last edited:
We would learn later that the CR was almost at full capacity, which totally threw Joe and I. We thought the resorts were only taking guests up to 25% capacity... :confused3
That seems really strange to me.........when did the CR open up? It's way too soon for full capacity at any resorts.
We were given a table right in front of the windows with a beautiful view of the Castle. #beautiful
nice to have that beautiful view! Your sandwich looks delish and was the perfect size to split.
We were given an awesome room at the back of the Garden Wing overlooking Bay Lake. It was quite stunning. FYI, we had booked a standard view this trip so this was more pixie dust!!!
Stunning view!!!

Thank you so much. Seriously would LOVE to go to Hawaii. I just don't think I can do the flight. LOL!
How long is the flight? It takes us almost 9 hours to get to Orlando but our flights have seatback tv, free drinks (most airlines) and a couple of meals which do help pass the time. I will say that around the 6/7 hour mark you do feel like it's never-ending but if you order another G&T and drink it, by then you're almost there so the excitement kicks in. I would love to re-visit Australia but the men in my life cannot countenance the 24 hour flight:scared1: I've done it twice but I was half the woman and several decades younger than I am today so not so sure about that one:rotfl:
n related news I did get Jason out of the house for the first time since March yesterday!!! Literally he's only gone to do curb side grocery or take-out but nothing else. We just had lunch and beers at a local brewery with a huge outdoor area so baby steps.
Jason sounds like my husband though mine now plays golf locally but only because it's really well organised and social distancing is easy. We have gone for short walks this last weekend through a graveyard that is steps away from our house. I figure we can see anyone coming our way and avoid them. I miss eating out!

Last edited:
That seems really strange to me.........when did the CR open up? It's way too soon for full capacity at any resorts.
The parking lots for the main building, DVC and Garden Wing were completely full. When we checked in, I asked the CM if we could be complimentary upgraded. After about 20 mins on the phone with her manager, she said sorry, but we are completely full. That's all I can tell you...
How long is the flight?
2 1/2 hours to get to Orlando. It's like an 8 hour flight to Hawaii, maybe 10.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter