A Birthday, Besties, and Bubbly...with Jen and Joe on the Go!!! 9/29 Link to New Report and We're Back Again!

We can definitely do that!!!
Hey that's Steve's birthday month too! So when the 4 of us are toasting him (hopefully at Citricos or Narcoossees if either opens) we will absolutely raise our glasses to you Moira!
:cheer2:Brilliant! If I can’t be there having a glass myself then having you guys raise one for me is the next best thing!:thumbsup2:drinking1

Last edited:
Hi Jen! Joining in for another one, really looking forward to seeing how your experience was this time.
I'll be following along on YouTube too.
Hi Jeff and thank you.
I will say that wearing the masks suck. Anyone who tells you differently is getting paid by Disney. LOL!
Um Joe, we're a couple of WHAT now :love1:
LMBO!!!

And too funny because on Wednesday before we left we were in the Screen Door General Store at the BW and almost bought both the orange Tommy Bahama dress and that same shirt! But they didn't have either of our sizes! Now I need to look online so all 4 of us can match in Sept :rotfl:
OMG!!!! You HAVE to do that!!!!! That would be the cutest and funniest thing EVER!!!

Hey that's Steve's birthday month too! So when the 4 of us are toasting him (hopefully at Citricos or Narcoossees if either opens) we will absolutely raise our glasses to you Moira!
I can second that!

Hey there Jeff :wave: "Ariane" says hi ;)
Hee! Hee!

TRAVEL DAY!

The day had FINALLY come!!! We were going back to Disney World in what seemed like FOREVER!!! Even though in reality, it had only been 4 months. I just think that with all this virus crap it felt much longer...Plus, Joe and I were just itching to get out of Illinois!

We got up early, and I mean early. We had driven to the airport, parked the car remotely, took the bus to the terminal, and made our way to SW check-in by 3:45 AM. Unfortunately, check-in didn't begin until 4:45. Nothing was posted on the airport's web page or on Southwest's website. Its always been open and ready to go by 3:30 am. Sigh. Joe and I both started to get a little uncomfy because it was getting VERY crowded up there. After an hour, employees started to show up and Joe and I were able to print our boarding passes, check our bags and make our way to security.

Security was a BREEZE, the easiest time we've ever had in all our years of traveling together. Before you knew it, we were at our gate. Just an hour to go, and we would be on the plane, heading south...:sunny:

We maybe had 40 people on our flight, which was awesome! EXCEPT! There was a family of 12 ranging in age from 3-75 and they either had their masks on incorrectly or not at all. Come on people! Wear the masks! It's such an easy thing to do to stay safe!!!! Sorry, rant over. That family just really made me edgy.

Our flight was uneventful. SW even served us a cup of water and a small bag of snack mix. That and the grapes Joe and I bought at the airport were enough to keep our tummies full until we landed and made it to our first destination. We kept ourselves busy on the plane by taking selfies with said grapes. Well, we didn't have any alcohol, so we needed something to do to entertain us...:rotfl2:

Our luggage came out super quick, we picked out our car from the aisle and started the 20-minute drive to the Disney bubble. Joe and I were soooooo excited! Neither one of us could believe we had finally made it...

Next up...We arrive at our first resort of the trip and have the best salads EVER!!!!

88FED83E-A65D-44D8-A7BE-4A63BBBD6042.jpeg32F47AB4-8CF6-4D4C-85FC-B669E9A98221.jpegEB6AEB2C-F197-4FEE-9238-6D30C56D1687.jpeg0F4D136E-0281-40F3-9240-C0C9A8D3DB74.jpeg

Nothing better than a Disney travel day! It's the only time I bound out of bed at 3:00 am!! Although let's be real, I am usually too excited to sleep, lol! I am so happy for you guys that you were able to be in the bubble!

Yay! Finally back in the Disney Bubble :wizard: Can't wait to hear all about your trip!
It was such a great trip. I can't believe we will be back in 6 1/2 weeks. Yay!

Nothing better than a Disney travel day! It's the only time I bound out of bed at 3:00 am!! Although let's be real, I am usually too excited to sleep, lol! I am so happy for you guys that you were able to be in the bubble!
I still am not a fan of those early flights, but couldn't beat the $45 price tag. LOL!

I'm here to follow along!! I know what you mean that 4 months seems sooooo long ago!!! Looking forward to hearing all about your trip!

:welcome:

Hi Kathy! It was such a great trip and so nice to finally get out of Illinois and back to the Disney Bubble!

Hi Jenny, I'm here!

Glad you had a small and uneventful flight!

:welcome:

Yay! Welcome back! The flights were both good. The airport in Chicago was HORRIBLE!!!!

The Riviera Resort Room Tour
Deluxe Studio/Courtyard View
Blog and Vlog

I couldn't believe that Joe and I received our room ready text at 9:45 am!!! I think that's the earliest our room has ever been ready. We were so excited to finally get to this amazing resort and have a look-see...

We had been to the Riviera before, back in January when we had breakfast at Topolinos with our good friends, Ariane and Steve. We walked around the resort a little bit (on the inside because it was super cold that day) and couldn't wait to explore the outside this time.

The drive to our home for the first night of this vaca was uneventful. I think it only took about 20 minutes from MCO...

We went straight up to our room upon arrival and were totally blown away by how gorgeous it was. And that view!!!! It was the million-dollar view, the money shot. We absolutely LOVED it! Now, that being said, I think the Riviera is one and done for us (unless there's a really good room deal in the future). It's really expensive and I much prefer the WL and CR over this one...I will say that it's still in my top 5 though.

We chilled in the room a bit, freshened up and unpacked a bit. We also did some vlogging...We were also starting to get pretty hungry at this point and had one place in mind...
Stay tuned to find out where Joe and I have our first meal of this trip...

It was such a great trip. I can't believe we will be back in 6 1/2 weeks. Yay!
I was thinking about that today and cannot wait! So happy we had Sept. booked already!
Yes! Or we wouldn't have made it, lol!!!!! Don't they teach pilots that in Flying 101?!?! Seriously, what would have happened if you had to circle MCO or take a detour due to weather that would have added time onto your flight????:confused3
Seriously of all reasons for a plane to be delayed..............

I was thinking about that today and cannot wait! So happy we had Sept. booked already!
I know, right! I am already counting down the days,,,
St Pete: 44
Disney: 46

Seriously of all reasons for a plane to be delayed..............
Absolutely ridiculous!

Great room vlog and I love "your" shower! I wouldn't share that either! :)
Thanks Suse! The room and resort were lovely. We really liked it.

I think the Riviera is one and done for us (unless there's a really good room deal in the future). It's really expensive and I much prefer the WL and CR over this one...I will say that it's still in my top 5 though.
So interesting that you're like the 3rd or 4th "DIS" friend who feels this way. When Molly and Melinda were upgraded OMG their rooms were gorgeous! But having toured the resort it does nothing for me. At some point if I get a good rate I may stay there on a short trip just to knock it off our list but I really have no desire to. Funny though a good deal of my "co-workers" who have stayed their love it.

So interesting that you're like the 3rd or 4th "DIS" friend who feels this way. When Molly and Melinda were upgraded OMG their rooms were gorgeous! But having toured the resort it does nothing for me. At some point if I get a good rate I may stay there on a short trip just to knock it off our list but I really have no desire to. Funny though a good deal of my "co-workers" who have stayed their love it.
Joe and I just weren't feeling the overpriced feel of the place. Don't get me wrong...We loved our room/view. We thought the resort itself was very nice, but not worth the high price tag. I'd rather stay at my lovely Lodge or Contemporary (unless a really good deal came out).

We went straight up to our room upon arrival and were totally blown away by how gorgeous it was. And that view!!!! It was the million-dollar view, the money shot. We absolutely LOVED it! Now, that being said, I think the Riviera is one and done for us (unless there's a really good room deal in the future). It's really expensive and I much prefer the WL and CR over this one...I will say that it's still in my top 5 though.
I think they charge way too much for the Riviera, especially since you can't walk or take a boat to a park from there.

How would you compare your room at Destino Towers to the one you had at Riviera? I know you had a balcony at Riviera, but other than that, was there anything significantly better about the room? Both had nice views.

edited to correct typo

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter