A bunch of questions about Bonnet Creek

MrsPete

DIS Veteran
We’ve decided to stay at Bonnet Creek, and we’re very excited – so many positive comments on this board! I’m sure it’s a good choice. However, the large number of comments on this board are both good and bad. I have the impression that things have changed over the years, and I’m not quite sure what’s “old news”; thus, I’d like to ask a handful of questions:

Reservations can be made 10 months out, right?

What’s this thing about arrivals being only certain days? We’d like to arrive on Friday … stay 8 nights … check out the following Sunday.

I’ve seen a number of comments about larger units being difficult to obtain (for non-owners). Realistically, if we want to travel in late August or September (just after school starts, but avoiding Labor Day – we want warm weather and value season prices) and we make reservations 10 months out, are we going to have a problem getting a 3-bedroom?

There’s no way to get a 3-bedroom with 3 king-sized beds, is there?

We are planning a trip for us and our adult children (no actual children involved); we will have 2-3 cars. Any problem with multiple cars for one reservation /one condo? Parking at the resort is free, right?

How’s the wifi?

I’ve read that the pools close at 10:00 pm … is this enforced? We often enjoy hot tubbing late.

What’s the current “gift” for attending the timeshare spiel?

I’ve read all sorts of things about shuttle costs. I’m thinking that the Bonnet Creek shuttle used to be free, but now there’s a cost. If so, what’s the current cost?

When using the shuttle to go to the Magic Kingdom, where is the drop-off? I mean, does the resort shuttle drop off at the Ticket-Transportation Center or just outside the park gates like the Disney resort buses?

What’s the best way to go to Disney Springs in the evening? I know resort shuttles don’t make that trip, but it would be possible to go to the Magic Kingdom /Ticket Transportation Center and then pick up a bus – I’m hoping there’s an easier way. We wouldn’t want to drive our own cars 1) because of parking 2) because of drinking. We are not opposed to the occasional Uber or Lyft … are they quick, and what does that tend to cost from Disney Springs?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

What’s this thing about arrivals being only certain days? We’d like to arrive on Friday … stay 8 nights … check out the following Sunday.

I would ask for a Quote from Vacation Strategy and/or Vacation Upgrade using the dates/days that you want. You are not obligated to accept the quote. If you are booking next year maybe use the same dates this year for your quote that way it can be determined if it is Value - High - Prime Season Rates.

I’ve read that the pools close at 10:00 pm … is this enforced? We often enjoy hot tubbing late

In June we were down by the pool at closing time (10pm or 11pm I am not sure)
The Pool Person - Security started at one of the pools and came through each pool area stating the Pool time is over/closed and then they would lock the gate after the pool area was empty. They were walking counter-clock-wise from one pool to the other.

The Wyndham Hotel Pool might be open a hour later.
I mention the Hotel Pool might be different because one time the Pools were Closed (because they close them if they hear thunder) and I could see people in the Hotel Pool but the Timeshare Pools were still closed.

What’s this thing about arrivals being only certain days? We’d like to arrive on Friday … stay 8 nights … check out the following Sunday?

We recently inquired about adding 3 nights onto our stay and the rate quoted was the same rate as booking a week, because they have to use points to book full weeks (or so I was told). You might have to pay a weeks rate for the extra night. Doesn't hurt to ask though. We have checked in on Friday. No problem.

I’ve seen a number of comments about larger units being difficult to obtain (for non-owners). Realistically, if we want to travel in late August or September (just after school starts, but avoiding Labor Day – we want warm weather and value season prices) and we make reservations 10 months out, are we going to have a problem getting a 3-bedroom?

We booked a two bedroom and got upgraded to a 3 bedroom deluxe. Presidential units are harder to come by.

3 bedrooms have two bedrooms with kings and the third has two doubles.

We are planning a trip for us and our adult children (no actual children involved); we will have 2-3 cars. Any problem with multiple cars for one reservation /one condo? Parking at the resort is free, right?

Parking is free if you rent through an owner. If you rent from Wyndham they charge.

How’s the wifi?

Depends on location. We have had units with reasonable WiFi and units where it was terrible.

I’ve read all sorts of things about shuttle costs. I’m thinking that the Bonnet Creek shuttle used to be free, but now there’s a cost. If so, what’s the current cost?

Currently $7 per person round trip and you must make a reservation. That's all I know.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide![/QUOTE]

Regarding wyndham bonnet creek to Disney Springs, I suggest uber - the resort is very close so cost should be very reasonable.

I believe parking is free for all at timeshare, but there is fee for the hotel.

We’ve decided to stay at Bonnet Creek, and we’re very excited – so many positive comments on this board! I’m sure it’s a good choice. However, the large number of comments on this board are both good and bad. I have the impression that things have changed over the years, and I’m not quite sure what’s “old news”; thus, I’d like to ask a handful of questions:

Reservations can be made 10 months out, right?

An owner at Bonnet Creek can make reservations 13 months out. As a renter, you will have to shop around to find the best deal in the timeframe you want.

Arrivals can be anytime.

The larger the room, the fewer there are, the better to book early. They cost more, of course. Booking early will cost more as well.

No rooms have 3 king-sized beds.

Free parking, no problems with multiple cars.

How’s the wifi?

It works well.

I’ve read that the pools close at 10:00 pm … is this enforced? We often enjoy hot tubbing late.

Not sure. If you want to hot tub late, consider renting a house with a hot tub. A large house rental may better fit your desire for more king size beds.

What’s the current “gift” for attending the timeshare spiel?

Its usually a $100 AMEX card, but I don't recommend attending a high-pressure sales pitch on vacation.

Years ago, the shuttle was free. No more. The shuttle is now $8 for one RT. That means to if you go to the parks, return to WBC for lunch, then go to the parks in the evening you would spend $16 on shuttles per person. Also, you have to reserve a spot now. The trend now is for people to take Uber, a taxi, or drive as they are all generally cheaper options in most situations.

When using the shuttle to go to the Magic Kingdom, where is the drop-off? I mean, does the resort shuttle drop off at the Ticket-Transportation Center or just outside the park gates like the Disney resort buses?

The shuttles drop off at TTC. Only Disney resort buses go to the entrance of MK. You could Uber to a Disney resort and take the bus to MK from there or take Uber to the Contemporary and walk.

What’s the best way to go to Disney Springs in the evening? I know resort shuttles don’t make that trip, but it would be possible to go to the Magic Kingdom /Ticket Transportation Center and then pick up a bus – I’m hoping there’s an easier way. We wouldn’t want to drive our own cars 1) because of parking 2) because of drinking. We are not opposed to the occasional Uber or Lyft … are they quick, and what does that tend to cost from Disney Springs?

The easy way if you don't want to drive is a $10 Uber from WBC. You can take a Disney bus to Disney Springs in the evening from a theme park. Or take Disney transport to any Disney resort and transfer to the Disney Springs bus.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

I would ask for a Quote from Vacation Strategy and/or Vacation Upgrade using the dates/days that you want. You are not obligated to accept the quote. If you are booking next year maybe use the same dates this year for your quote that way it can be determined if it is Value - High - Prime Season Rates.

In June we were down by the pool at closing time (10pm or 11pm I am not sure)
The Pool Person - Security started at one of the pools and came through each pool area stating the Pool time is over/closed and then they would lock the gate after the pool area was empty. They were walking counter-clock-wise from one pool to the other.

The Wyndham Hotel Pool might be open a hour later.
I mention the Hotel Pool might be different because one time the Pools were Closed (because they close them if they hear thunder) and I could see people in the Hotel Pool but the Timeshare Pools were still closed.
Right, not this year. I'm a long-term planner and like to know what I'm going to reserve and like to be ready to make my reservations as soon as they become available ... in this situation, I have 3-4 months 'til my 10-month timeframe opens.

Wait ... there's a hotel pool vs. a timeshare pool? Looking at the map, which is which?

We recently inquired about adding 3 nights onto our stay and the rate quoted was the same rate as booking a week, because they have to use points to book full weeks (or so I was told). You might have to pay a weeks rate for the extra night. Doesn't hurt to ask though. We have checked in on Friday. No problem.

We booked a two bedroom and got upgraded to a 3 bedroom deluxe. Presidential units are harder to come by.

Parking is free if you rent through an owner. If you rent from Wyndham they charge.

Currently $7 per person round trip and you must make a reservation. That's all I know.
[/QUOTE]
A week's rate for an extra night? We don't need the extra night that badly.

I don't really care about deluxe vs. presidential ... but we do need the three bedrooms.

Okay, I'm understanding that there's a big difference between renting from an owner vs. renting from the hotel ... I hadn't grasped that earlier.

Good info on the shuttle.

If you would go on up to a 4 bedroom you would have two king size beds with adjoining baths. The 3 bedroom has only 2 baths so 2 couples would need to share.
You will find it is cheaper to drive to the parks & pay for parking than to use the shuttle. Currently it is $7.00 per person. Now that Disney Springs has the parking garages it is very easy to drive & park from WBC. Parking is free. Maybe take turns being the designated driver or uber is a good choice.
WBC has 6 high rise buildings. Between building #6 & #3 is located the Wyndham Grand Hotel.
Timeshares traditionally rented by the week. Nowadays they are getting away from that somewhat but it is not like a hotel where you pick and chose the exact dates you want. Ask the 2. Renters mentioned for the dates you want but being flexible may save you money..
Multiple cars is no problem. Parking is free.

Right, not this year. I'm a long-term planner and like to know what I'm going to reserve and like to be ready to make my reservations as soon as they become available ... in this situation, I have 3-4 months 'til my 10-month timeframe opens.

Wait ... there's a hotel pool vs. a timeshare pool? Looking at the map, which is which?

There is a pool in front of the Wyndham Grand Hotel that is part of the complex. You can use any pool you want, including the Grand pool and so can hotel guests.

WBC map..jpg View attachment 263504

Wait ... there's a hotel pool vs. a timeshare pool? Looking at the map, which is which?[QUOTE/]

There is a pool in front of the Wyndham Grand Hotel that is part of the complex. You can use any pool you want, including the Grand pool and so can hotel guests

The Wyndham Grand Hotel is located between Building 6 and Building 3

I understand that your WBC Reservation is more than a year away .. and I still suggest that you get a Quote for the same dates this year .. just to make sure your interpretation of Value - High - Prime Season Rates are the same as the Disney Area Season Rates. But that may be my Trip Planning Tactics talking.

My experience with Booking my WBC Reservation thru V/S .. is if I book 10 nights the extra 3 nights are charged at the whatever the Season Going Rate is ..
Example Value Season = $120.00 a night = (3 nights/$360.00) + (7 nights/$840.00)
$1200.00 ish with possible minus $100.00 Return Customer Rate = $1100.00

Now when I contacted them a month or two after I had already accepted the Quote and paid the Deposit and asked what the price would be if I dropped a day or two .. I was told "the time to get the better Rate is when you submit the first Quote"
add-ons or subtraction of a night or two will not be at the best rate.

The above info is based on our negotiations with Vacation Strategy earlier this year. The Price and the way they run their business now .. had some changes approx May/June 2017

Last edited:
Timeshares traditionally rented by the week. Nowadays they are getting away from that somewhat but it is not like a hotel where you pick and chose the exact dates you want.
As of reservations made after the most recent policy update this past Spring, you may now check in on any day of the week, and a single reservation can be for any length of stay between 2 or 3 and 14 days. The three night minimum applies in High Season, two night minimum other times of the year. You no longer have to have check-in or check-out on any particular day of the week.

If you would go on up to a 4 bedroom you would have two king size beds with adjoining baths. The 3 bedroom has only 2 baths so 2 couples would need to share.
We'd also get two king beds in a three-bedroom ... I was hoping (but not expecting) that three king bedrooms were available.
Sharing a bathroom isn't a problem.

You will find it is cheaper to drive to the parks & pay for parking than to use the shuttle.
We've enjoyed the shuttles in the past: No getting into a hot car (twice) ... no searching for a parking space /searching for your car at the end of the day... no walking across a long, hot parking lot (twice) ... no navigating Disney's roads /traffic. We like the convenience.

WBC has 6 high rise buildings. Between building #6 & #3 is located the Wyndham Grand Hotel.
Timeshares traditionally rented by the week. Nowadays they are getting away from that somewhat but it is not like a hotel where you pick and chose the exact dates you want. Ask the 2. Renters mentioned for the dates you want but being flexible may save you money.
Good information!

There is a pool in front of the Wyndham Grand Hotel that is part of the complex. You can use any pool you want, including the Grand pool and so can hotel guests.
Okay, I hadn't realized the resort included a hotel + timeshares. That's a good, clear map!

As of reservations made after the most recent policy update this past Spring, you may now check in on any day of the week, and a single reservation can be for any length of stay between 2 or 3 and 14 days. The three night minimum applies in High Season, two night minimum other times of the year. You no longer have to have check-in or check-out on any particular day of the week.
Good information -- we are looking at September, a time with historically low attendance, so this ought to apply to us.

Again, thanks to all for good information! You've been helpful!

We'd also get two king beds in a three-bedroom ... I was hoping (but not expecting) that three king bedrooms were available.
Sharing two bathrooms between three people is fine with us.

We've enjoyed the shuttles in the past: No getting into a hot car (twice) ... no searching for a parking space /searching for your car at the end of the day... no walking across a long, hot parking lot (twice) ... no navigating Disney's roads /traffic. We like the convenience.

Good information!

Good information -- we are looking at September, a time with historically low attendance, so this ought to apply to us.
Just to clarify: the only difference between "Prime" and other times of year is the minimum stay. (3 nights vs. 2).

Okay, I hadn't realized the resort included a hotel + timeshares. That's a good, clear map!

Timeshares = Free Parking and Per Person Cost Buses.

Hotel = Pay for Parking and "Free Bus" included in Resort Fee.

Services not shared.

Pools and Recreation are shared.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter