~~ A Celebration of Life-long friendship ~~ Sew Sweet 16 ~~ Now N' Thens 3/11

Sorry all that I didn't do replies yesterday... With the Dis being down when I normally do them - I didn't have time to do them later... So I've lumped them all in this message. :)

I hope you have a great day in your sewing room.
You got a lot of great photos with the characters. I love the photo with Olivia and Tigger posing as on the bag.

We didn't get that much snow yesterday. But today it's snowing again.

Thanks Lillian! I did.

We had a great time - I agree - that photo of Olivia and Tigger is one of my favorites of the trip.

Sigh... Winter must be over soon... I can't take much more.

Looks like another great day at MK!! There were no breakfast ADR's to be had for our trip in March upcoming...sigh...I will have to make do with QS in the park or breakfast at our hotel...but we will be there as early as we can!!

Love those pics with Tigger!!!

What a bummer... Keep checking though - you never know when someone will cancel. Rope Drop is key to a successful day -IMO.

Thanks! I just loved this day - it was so much fun!

That is great! SSR is a nice resort. You can walk to Downtown disney from there.

My sister just told me she might be going to WDW for her honeymoon the first week in May.

Was olivia taking a selfie in the last splash mountain photo?

I love the early morning ADR's before the park opens. Great way to get some cool pictures in.

That's so exciting - I wish we would have honeymooned in WDW... I still dream of taking a trip there with just Josh and I - I think it would be so romantic.

I don't think she was - she was using the water camera, and I think she might have been videoing?

I agree - one of my favorite must-dos... I wish they had a Toy Story breakfast in DHS... They really only have one character breakfast there, and it's for the little ones.

Love the character pictures from CP. I have yet to eat there but it's definitely on my list of places to try.

I love those early morning hours when rides are a walk on!

Both of your ride photos on Splash are awesome.

Yes - it's great - we've never had a bad meal there, service wise. We did have a bad food meal there once thought when one of the warming tables wasn't working - the food was ICE cold.

I know - not only does MK glitter, but no lines... Life is good!

Thanks! I love those!

I'm so glad that you updated your TR today. It is nice to remember that winter does end and that there will come a day when we won't be freezing cold and wearing layers of clothes. :cold:

Both you and Olivia look cute in your head gear. Everyone looks like they are having fun. You haven't done a wrap up yet, but I'm guessing that your trip went very well.

Hehehe... I am trying to be a bit better about it... I'd like to get this TR wrapped up, so I can get the PTR started.

I agree - so tired of winter... Can't even believe it.

Thanks... Yes - our trip went really well. We are all dying to do it again. We had a few stressful moments, and I had a bit of lingering annoyance with BFF and her constant ditching of Olivia to go do other things... We were happy to have her with us though... And the trip really cemented a bond between Olivia and I that we've never had before. :lovestruc

We have never done the early breakfast at MK yet. I definitely want to try that. We had it scheduled for our first trip, but we had done sooo many character meals by then, the kids did not want to get up extra early for yet another one. Some person got lucky when we cancelled 2 days before. Lesson learned is that we don't try to do everything each trip.

I was sitting here thinking about the next bag I would want for Disney. I was figuring since we only use them a few times or less a year (few times last year, much less or zero times this year) that they should last for a very long time and I was figuring them passed down to grandchildren. So I would want a classic, fab 5 bag. Who knows if people will remember Flik or Olaf by then. Just a little tangent of where my brain went today.

Good luck with finding the sports jacket or suit coat. Hopefully, all goes well. I am super glad that Alli is on the mend and back to work.

I am off work tomorrow, so I will wish you a great weekend now.

I do hope you get a chance to try it... I hate getting up and out the door for early morning ADRs (esp. with V - because she tend to be crabby in the am)... But they are so worth it!

Hehehe... That's my hope for all of my bags... I know so many people who use them for trip after trip... I would love to get a message one day that shows one of my bags being used for generations - it would mean so much to me! I vote you should do it Shannon. LOL

We did find one for him - it went well. The first store, I was a little skeptical - the men working there were snots... but the second store, the man working there was a very nice guy and very helpful... Guess where we chose to spend our $$?

Yes - it's nice to have her back to work. And I am sure she will love having a paycheck again.

Enjoy your day off and your long weekend!

Really enjoying your trip report so far. we love pofq we have stayed there twice and are booked in again for April. All you outfits and bags are amazing. Looking forward to hearing more

Welcome! I am super glad to have you here!! I love FQ... If I had a choice - I'd probably never stay anywhere else. I always try to price out trips at other (deluxe) resorts, and for the price - I just feel like FQ is the best bang for your buck. I can't imagine staying at any other moderates... Well, maybe Riverside - but that's the only other one. I'd also consider AoA - if I could book a preferred room... Some of those TLM rooms are OUT there!

Anyways... Welcome! :thumbsup2

Yep D, .... I too will be scheduling an early morning breakfast at Crystal Palace just to get those empty main street pictures. How wonderful!

So... you've opened Magic Kingdom. .. have you ever closed Magic Kingdom and stayed to watch the Goodnight Kiss?

I wanna do both on our next trip... happy sigh....

Yes! So worth it! I am glad I convinced you!

We have closed MK - but not for a couple of trips... Our 2008 and 2012 trips we opened and closed every park on every day... but we were exhausted. We decided that we dont' like to tour like that. We always leave every park with the intention of "going back later"... but now we are so tuckered out - we just love being lazy at the resort at night. Hopefully for some of the next trips - we will make it to some of the evening shows... We do love them. :lovestruc

Good luck... If you do that - I would suggest a mid-afternoon break. :)

Great reviews. Congrats on your weight loss

Hi there! Thank you! It's been a life-changer for me, for sure. But I've managed to find a way to be healthy, which I love... So it really takes no effort for me at all.

I am super happy to have you here and reading along. :lovestruc

We did breakfast at Crystal Palace last trip too - it was lots of fun and the characters are so much fun!

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust: for Josh (cuz good things come in threes!)

I do love CP... It's a must do on our last MK day on each trip.

Thank you... I wish I could tell you all about it - but I don't want to jynx anything... I promise I will say something just as soon as I can. I have not even told BFF - and it's killing her!

Love the updates!!!! Oh and I am on day 5 of whole 30

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying them!

Oooh - congrats!~!!! Have you found the FB page for Whole30 First Timers? Do a search for that on FB if you haven't... I found it so immensely helpful to my success. I wish you the best of luck with it - it truly made me dig deeper into the foods I choose to eat.

I just love reading your trip reports - I almost have them all read! And...I absolutely love love love your bags! They are so beautiful and perfect for a Disney trip. I'd love to buy one too, may I please have information about them?:flower:

WOW!!! Welcome! I am super happy to have you here and reading along! I am impressed that you went back to read my old reports! I write some long PTR/TRs - and for someone to go back and read... Well that's true dedication! :lovestruc Thank you!!!

Thank you for all of your compliments - I am so flattered! :hug:

Unfortunately - I am not allowed to say anything about my bag business here on The Dis - It's considered soliciting and I could get banned. I hope you understand. :hug:

I hope you'll continue to follow along and finish off this TR with me... I am super excited to start a PTR for Alli's grad trip as soon as I finish this one... Then a TR for that one... A PTR for V's grad trip... and a TR for that one. PHEW! I have lots coming up! LOL

Crystal Palace looked like a lot of fun! I would love to have a meal there in the future! Also, Splash MTn is one of my faves, so seeing those pictures makes me so happy!

I highly recommend it - it's one of our favorites!

Hehehe... Yup - Splash and Donald Duck are my all time favorites... Just wait until my next update. ::yes:: There's more.

Great update!! Last days are always so tough! At least you know you will be going back!

I hope the reason why Josh needed a suit or sport coat is for something exciting!! Pixie dust sent your way!!!

Hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend!

Yes, I HOPE to be going back... I PLAN to be going back... but I never know for sure until I pay it off. I pay for all of our trips with cash only (no credit) - so sometimes it gets a little tricky and iffy. But it's so nice to be able to go with out having to worry about paying it off later.

Thank you for the Pixie Dust! It is for something exciting... We hope. I'll tell you all about it just as soon as I can... I haven't even told BFF yet - and it's killing her not to know. Just as soon as I can, I promise.

Thank you - you too!

**********************************************************************************

It's been a crazy few days here! Not even sure I remember what I've done? LOL

We did find a sport coat for Josh... And a tie... And dress pants (dressier than what he normally wears to work anyways)... He looked very smashing - if I do say so myself. :lovestruc We even took him in to get a hair cut and trim up his beard... He cleans up real nice. :thumbsup2

I even got a cute chambray shirt out of the deal... Sadly - they only had it in a men's large, and it's a lot big on me... but it totally covers my behind in leggings - so I took it anyways. I am one of those people who firmly believe MY behind should be totally covered when wearing leggings. ::yes::

I had 2 really great and productive sewing room days... It was nice. I plan to go up there for a little bit this morning, and then I will be mosly caught up. You all know how I hate being behind.

Financially - we've had a rough week... Not horrible, by any means - just rough. Between the added vet bill for MM... Then Josh's new clothes purchase... Then yesterday...

I have been having issues with my back rear tire... I knew I had a slow leak in it - but the colder it gets the faster it's been leaking. It was to the point where I was having to stop to air it up every day... And when it's this cold out - it's a pain. Josh took it to put air in it on Thursday night after we got home from the outlet mall... By yesterday afternoon when I took it to town - my tire pressure light was on again (thank God for that light)... So, I stopped when I got to town, and I had 12 lbs of pressure in it... and I couldn't get it to take anymore air. :( I froze my fingers off holding that metal hose for almost 20 min... I gave up crying. I was so frustrated. Tried to call Josh - he didn't answer... So I called BFF... She drove to me, and I drove my car to Walmart's auto center (the closest one to me at the time)... They said they would repair if they could. So, BFF hung out - drove me around town to do my errands - picked up the girls... Pretty much my chauffer for 2 hours. :hug: Of course, Walmart couldn't patch it... I had 2 perfect puncture holes in my sidewall. :confused: I've been saving for new tires for a few months now - I don't quite have enough saved up yet - but now I don't have a choice. So, Walmart put my donut on and ordered me new tires. They should be here by Monday.

Afterwards, I finally got ahold of Josh... Remember back about 4 weeks ago... Josh had to put new tires on his truck? He had hit a nail on his way to work and blew out a tire... Well - about a week previous to that - he'd had to have his tire fixed (I don't think I mentioned that here?)... ::yes:: Our mechanic pulled a staple out of his sidewall - which he was able to repair at that time.

So, Josh is pretty sure that someone went around town with a staple gun, stapling tires. :( What are the odds that both of our tires would have a staple/staple punctures in our sidewalls?

The only (ONLY) not bad part about this - if you'd call it that... We both needed new tires this winter anyways - so it was somthing we were saving for... But it's still annoying that someone would be that malicious.

So, financially - it's been kind of a sucky week for us. Time to buckle down again and replenish our emergency savings.

Today... No big plans.

I think Alli and Gus are going to go to a museum... Not sure which one?

V has the robotic baby for her do-over weekend... This time, it's actually working. Hehehe....

I'll work upstairs for a little while... Then I will probably be lazy for the rest of the weekend? ::yes::

I hope you all have a wonderful day... Prayers, Pixie Dust and warm thoughts go out to all of you! :grouphug:

D~

So glad you did a TR this week. I've been sick all week in bed. Today I am finally feeling better. So many great photos from MK. I agree your last day should be a MK day.
Sending you some pixie dust for Josh. So sorry about the tires issues you had. Hope V's "baby" doesn't keep everyone up. lol
Today my brother and his family officially moved back home. They still have to rearrange furniture, clean and their personal belongings will be dropped off on Monday.
Have a great weekend!

I'm so sorry to hear about the tires issues you had. I hope the weekend goes well with the robotic baby.

Here it's snowing again. After 2 days of degrees above freezing point. It's only February so we still have 2 1/2 months of winter left.

That's really weird with the tires. There has to be someone going around doing that.
I really enjoyed your last update. Sorry you trip is almost over. You all look like you're having so much fun in the pictures.fore my daughter and her husbs
Glad Josh found a jacket and pants.
There's not much going on here. I have to go out and shovel the driveway before my daughter and her husband get back from his mom's. He's always getting stuck in it. He's the only one that does. He does drive a camaro and we have suvs.
Have a good day.
Liz

So glad you did a TR this week. I've been sick all week in bed. Today I am finally feeling better. So many great photos from MK. I agree your last day should be a MK day.
Sending you some pixie dust for Josh. So sorry about the tires issues you had. Hope V's "baby" doesn't keep everyone up. lol
Today my brother and his family officially moved back home. They still have to rearrange furniture, clean and their personal belongings will be dropped off on Monday.
Have a great weekend!

Oh Lynee... I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. It's such a rough time of the year to be sick. Winter has just been too long. Hopefully you are back to your normal self by now.

Thank you... I"ll take all of the Pixie Dust you can give. :hug:

It's OK - hopefully my new tires are in today, as I haven't been able to drive my own car all weekend, and I've had to drive the pick-up everywhere.

V slept on the couch all weekend, so the baby didn't disturb anyone. It was nice of her. :)

Yay!!! :woohoo: This is great news! I am so happy for them - finally to be back at home! Thanks for letting me know! Continued prayers that they are able to settle in quickly.

You too! Thank you!

I'm so sorry to hear about the tires issues you had. I hope the weekend goes well with the robotic baby.

Here it's snowing again. After 2 days of degrees above freezing point. It's only February so we still have 2 1/2 months of winter left.

Yes... The nerve of people - it's just so senseless. :/

Yikes... 2.5 months of winter... I am not sure I would handle that very well. I was just thinking to myself yesterday that we only have a few weeks left of the worst of it. Usually by mid/end of March, most of our snow is gone, and anythiing that we do get only lasts a day or two... Usually. LOL

That's really weird with the tires. There has to be someone going around doing that.
I really enjoyed your last update. Sorry you trip is almost over. You all look like you're having so much fun in the pictures.fore my daughter and her husbs
Glad Josh found a jacket and pants.
There's not much going on here. I have to go out and shovel the driveway before my daughter and her husband get back from his mom's. He's always getting stuck in it. He's the only one that does. He does drive a camaro and we have suvs.
Have a good day.
Liz

That was our thought too. :( My thought was, go do it to someone with money. LOL I shouldn't say that, but geez - it was just a malicious gesture and no point to it, other than to make someone buy brand new tires in the dead of winter. We haven't talked to all of our neighbors yet to see if anyone else was hit.

Glad you are enjoying my updates... I still have a lot of them to do for the last day... We were there all day long.

Yes, Josh was able to find clothes... It was a relief.

I shouldn't laugh... but Gus drives a Camaro too - however, he stores his in the winter time... It's not the best car to be driving in winter - although there are many people around here who do.

I hope you had a nice weekend Liz.

No exciting updates for you all today...

Matt's team finished the last two games of the season with losses - which was kind of sad. However, Matt played great with 3 assists at their last home game on Friday, and a goal at their last game on Saturday. It's a bummer for his senior year... but he is looking into playing Hockey on other levels... I hope he is able to continue to play - he is a talented player. I just wish he could play near to us, so we could still go to his games.

Otherwise, we had a lazy weekend...

I did work in my sewing room for a brief moment. I still have about 20 minutes left of work on last week's custom order.

I spent the rest of my weekend being lazy and enjoying it.

Last night the girls and I cuddled in my bed and watched Downton Abbey. Next week is the season finale... Bummer. I love that show.

Victoria's baby was good, for the most part... I think it woke her several times last night. LOL She even took it with her to church yesterday.

Today... I have to work out this morning.

Then I will work as long as I can.

I am expecting a call saying my tires are in - so I'll have to drive my car to town at some point to get those installed.

Anyways... I hope you all have a wonderful day today! Prayers and good thoughts to all of you! :grouphug:

D~

hello!!! Stupid notifications stopped! well i think i am repeating myself to you as i just told you this on facebook...
When the Dis was down several of the reports i follow stopped giving out notifications. SO HOPEFULLY i am back in action..

I adore all your pictures from CP.. This is going on my list for the NEXT TIME... All the characters just look so cuddly! i want to squish them all.... so i must go!
Sorry about the tires.. Cars are just SO dang expensive.

alrighty i am back i know you missed me... :hyper2:

Sounds like you had a relaxing weekend. I hope you get your new tires today.

Yes 2 1\2 months left of winter here. But it's not that much considering we have 6 months of winter each season. The time will go fast

Phew....all caught up! Love all your PP pics. I really need to be better about that. I always pay in advance, but rarely get my money's worth out of it.
The new DIS seems to work better on my iPad than the old site. Maybe that's why they changed things??? Because so many people use tablets now and they needed to make it more tablet friendly??? Who knows :)

That is just crazy about your tires.

I know... It's annoying. Oh well, nothing can be done about it.

hello!!! Stupid notifications stopped! well i think i am repeating myself to you as i just told you this on facebook...
When the Dis was down several of the reports i follow stopped giving out notifications. SO HOPEFULLY i am back in action..

I adore all your pictures from CP.. This is going on my list for the NEXT TIME... All the characters just look so cuddly! i want to squish them all.... so i must go!
Sorry about the tires.. Cars are just SO dang expensive.

alrighty i am back i know you missed me...

No worries Mo... I never expect to see you on the weekends anyways. :lovestruc Glad you're back and you have notifications again.

You must go to CP... We can't go to WDW with out it - ever.

I did miss you - I always miss you!

BOOM! just like that i am getting notifications again!!!

:woohoo:

So sorry to hear about the tires. Hopefully, your new ones are in today.

THanks... It was a bummer, but oh well... Yes they came in and I have nice brand new tires on my car... Paying the bill for them was awful though... :whistle:

Sounds like you had a relaxing weekend. I hope you get your new tires today.

Yes 2 1\2 months left of winter here. But it's not that much considering we have 6 months of winter each season. The time will go fast

It was a nice weekend... And Yes, thanks to BFF - I got my tires yesterday... She drove me all over town again while they were being installed, so I didn't have to wait.

We will get through this winter. I was just talking to bff yesterday - and looking at our snow cover, we have barely anything at all - and if it stays like this, once it warms up, our snow will be gone very quickly. Which is just how I like it. ::yes::

Phew....all caught up! Love all your PP pics. I really need to be better about that. I always pay in advance, but rarely get my money's worth out of it.
The new DIS seems to work better on my iPad than the old site. Maybe that's why they changed things??? Because so many people use tablets now and they needed to make it more tablet friendly??? Who knows

Welcome back to the Dis... I've missed you Suzi!

Not sure? I think they were just having so many problems that they had to upgrade and do something? I dont' mind the new site and I am slowly getting used to it.

************************************************************************************

Yesterday was a decent day for me... I finished up last week's order. And I even managed to monogram a sweatshirt for myself... I purchased the sweatshirt after Christmas - I should have gotten it in a smaller size, it's pretty big now. Oh well.

Then I started working on this week's bag... I was able to get it mostly cut out and quilted.

I ran to town, had them put on my new tires... Again BFF rescued me and picked me up so I didn't have to sit there for hours waiting. We ran some errands that she needed to do. My tires look great - my car drives so nicely. It's a relief to have them on, if only a few weeks earlier than I'd inteneded. Besides - It will be nice to have new tires if we get any snow storms yet this year... Let's hope not.

I worked a little more after I got home... Made dinner... And was lazy the rest of the day.

Today is a Target day. :/ I am doing freight again. :/ Yay! <---- Sarcasm.

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Prayers and good thoughts go out to all of you! :grouphug:

D~

How nice of BFF to pick you up and do some errands.
I hope your day at Target goes better than you fear.

Thanks... Yes - our trip went really well. We are all dying to do it again. We had a few stressful moments, and I had a bit of lingering annoyance with BFF and her constant ditching of Olivia to go do other things... We were happy to have her with us though... And the trip really cemented a bond between Olivia and I that we've never had before.
From your pictures it looks like Olivia and Alison were buddies on this trip. And I bet that Olivia had a great time with you and your girls. It was nice that she was able to get free dining, too.
Victoria's baby was good, for the most part... I think it woke her several times last night. LOL She even took it with her to church yesterday.
If the baby woke her up several times during then night then at was a pretty realistic baby. ;) Is this assignment meant to discourage teenage pregnancy?

Good Luck at work Did you talk to them about freight??
I feel bad for the guys here Today is another down day for them. Which means they only get paid 2 hours show up.. this year has been horrible on this poor guys.

How nice of BFF to pick you up and do some errands.
I hope your day at Target goes better than you fear.

Yes, it was very nice of her.

It did - thank you - it went quick. :)

From your pictures it looks like Olivia and Alison were buddies on this trip. And I bet that Olivia had a great time with you and your girls. It was nice that she was able to get free dining, too.
If the baby woke her up several times during then night then at was a pretty realistic baby. Is this assignment meant to discourage teenage pregnancy?

Yes - they were buddies this trip - which was nice... but it wasn't easy for V... Many times she was the 3rd person out, so we had to deal with a lot of that.

Yes, that's exactly what this assignment is for. ::yes:: And while V is no where near that stage in her life - thank God... She had fun doing the assignment, and by the time she had to bring the baby back on Monday morning - she was muttering that she was so sick of it. LOL Good. Hehehehe....

Good Luck at work Did you talk to them about freight??
I feel bad for the guys here Today is another down day for them. Which means they only get paid 2 hours show up.. this year has been horrible on this poor guys.

I haven't yet... The HR person never works on Tuesdays with me. Sigh.

Bummer... I sure hope it gets better there soon.

Nothing exciting to update. I'd love to do a real trip update here today... I might. If time allows this morning.

I have to work out first.

Then I will be appliqueing all day in my sewing room. I am really liking this bag - it isn't red or black... 2 colors I've been using a lot of lately. ::yes::

I hope you all have an amazing day! Warm thoughts and prayers go out to all of you! :grouphug:

D~

I am finally all better. Being sick is the pits!! I figured I better get on and reply before another world takes off here.
We got some really good news last night. My nephew got a new job! The bad news, he has to move his family away from here.
We are so thrilled for them on one hand and so upset that they will be leaving the area. I told them to leave the baby here with us; because its easier for two travel then all of us.
So glad V was happy to get rid of that baby lol
Hope things are working out for Josh!!!
Gotta run work is calling and we need to start backing my nephew up. They leave us in ten days!
Have a great day!!

No daily updates!?!?! What is this!! My world is turning upside down! LOL :P Just teasing you! I'm sure you all have been pretty busy! Did you get any snow? We did - and got tons! Which, I don't mind...

Hope you are doing well! :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter