A CM is Remembering Bawb

Franniepoppins

Mouseketeer
I really did not know Bob Varley. Certainly, I knew who he was, but had not had the occasion to meet him, and am not a Podcast listener. His passing touched me, though, as it did many Disney fans. In my job, I have lots of folks I do business with that knew of Bob, and really are missing him.

Tonight I was on the phone with Disney, and I was spelling a name out, and the CM said to me, "You know even common names can have different spellings, like Bob, for instance." I think he was having a hard time understanding me, because I am from Massachusetts, maybe I have a little accent? My reply was that yes it could be spelled Bawb, if he was from Massachusetts. The CM and I giggled about that, and I ended up telling him about your Bawb, and he was really touched by the story.

So, when we were hanging up, the CM, his name is Asher, told me he was going to WDW tomorrow. I asked him if he would have a Dole Whip, to remember your Bob. He told me he would be honored to do that.

I just wanted to share this little story with all of you. I am so sorry for this huge loss you have suffered.

Francine, who really wishes she had the chance to meet Bawb.

That is a great story; some true Disney magic was spread!

Bob touched so many hearts, both young and old, and even though I never got the chance to meet him, I feel as if a close friend has passed away... we're missing you Bob. :)

It is so heartwarming to see how many people have responded to the passing of Bob Varley. I grew up with Bob's wife in Newton MA and knew Bob for a number of years before they moved from Mansfield to Florida. He has touched so many people through the podcasts and a true Bawb original venue, the KartKam. He was forced to find a career after an on-the-job injury. I suppose he could have just vegged out, but that wasn't Bob. His work with arranging Disney vacations was such a nice fit, he enjoyed doing things for people. And then came the podcasts for DIS-Unplugged.

One short story about Bob. I was over his house in the early years of computer games and he dragged me into the den. He fired up the PC, turned to me and said - you're a computer programmer, what can I do with this camel and the swimming pool full of water? I know there is something of value in the pool, but I can't figure out what to do.

We will all miss Bob.:sad2:
Deepest sympathy to Diana and the children.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter