a different kind of birthday celebration

jklms

Earning My Ears
We lost our 30 year old autistic son last year after a long illness. Disney World was his favorite place to vacation. So in his honor, we are going to spend his birthday next fall at Disney, remembering a wonderful guy and trying to make his birthday a happy day! I've read about the special things Disney will do for your birthday. Anyone have any idea how we could do a birthday celebration under these circumstances? Wearing a birthday button doesn't make sense, but I really want to acknowledge his day somehow!

Why not go on his favorite ride, follow that up with a family dinner at his (or yours) favorite restaurant and then watch the fireworks in his honor..

This is my opinion, I would want this to be all about him and family.....and I would keep it personal in that way. You will know why and for whom you are celebrating.. Hugs and so nice to keep his memory alive....one more thought.. what about doing special t shirts in memoriam of him and wearing them on the day that you celebrate??

I have no answers to your questions, however I think this is a marvelous idea.:grouphug:

I agree with Mackey Mouse. I think this is a personal kind of a day. I don't know that Disney could help with that.

Just do the things that he would have enjoyed and spend time together as a family.

I think that is a great idea to celebrate his birthday! I like the idea of the T-shrits.. You should get them made up from an old pic.. do you have one maybe from a Disney trip? Maybe a logo of .. Celebrating (son's name) Life in the World or something to that nature... you could put trips date on it as well. If you were to do this every year, you would also have the shirt to keep each year in rememberance... my family always has a mass said, you can have a Disney trip with a T-shirt made.. you can make it a tradition in your family...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter