A different kind of weight loss journal...

:cool1: WTG on your running intervals! Running for 48 minutes is very impressive!

Glad you are feeling better! I'm trying to work on my abs too! I have on old "Firm" VHS tape that I have been using. It's tough and seems to be doing the trick....I know there are muscles under there somewhere :rotfl: .

And btw....taking it slow for weight loss is VERY smart! :thumbsup2 Especially since you are kicking up your exercising! Sounds like things are coming along great for you! Keep up the good work :goodvibes !!!

WTG on the exercising!! That is awsome! :thumbsup2 Running for 48 minutes!!! WOW!! :woohoo:
The Sonoma Diet sounds pretty tough...I don't like to have to deal with alot of prep work either. My sis does the South Beach one, but I think she modifies it too. I think you have to ask yourself....are you going to follow through with it if it takes that long to prepare the meals. I'm no expert, but I know myself well enough that I wouldn't. :confused3

keep up the good work...and remember....baby steps!!
marie

Yesterday, after doing my double day, I had plans to meet a friend for a drink. She is a fellow teacher I haven't seen in a while, so we met at UNO. I had a glass of wine. But, during our meeting, I noticed my throat was starting to feel scratchy. Uh oh, could it be another cold? Isn't it funny how you are feeling fine one minute, then the next you start to feel something starting-for me it always starts in my throat. So, by early evening, I had a definite sore throat. So many of my kids have been out sick lately. I may still do my double day today-We'll see how I feel this afternoon. The only good thing about a cold is I usually lose a few pounds.

Amy-I have some old Firm tapes that I still use. What I've found the best ab workout so far is CORE SECRETS AB Assault. It's a great workout, so I switch between that and Pilates. Now, pilates is one of those workouts, that I don't really "feel", but I hope it's doing something because so many people swear by it. Does anyone else feel that way about Pilates? Does it really work? I guess because I'm never sore or anything, I wonder if it's really doing what it's supposed to.

Well, I wasn't up to double day today. Double day is 52 minutes this week. After doing last week's double day yesterday, and having a bad sore throat, I'm just not up to it. I did a 26 minute walking workout and a 20 minute "Ab Assault". I will attempt double day another time.

Then I did something truly evil and sabatoging. You're thinking...She drank a whole bottle of wine. NO!!! I made chocolate cupcakes with white frosting and pink and yellow sprinkles. Every year since my son has been small, I've made cupcakes. Today, I was feeling a little melancholy because he has grown up so much this year now that he's twelve. Most of the time, he wants nothing to do with me. I never hear "Play with me Mom". So, I made him cupcakes. They are delicious! I've already had two. My husband has had two. Truly evil!!

:rotfl: Evil Cupcakes!!! I love love love cupcakes!

Hope you aren't getting sick again :(. Take care of yourself...I don't blame you for not doubling up again today. You're doing great btw!!!

And thanks for the info on the Ab Assault...I'll have to look for that one! I just bought a Yoga for Runners DVD today. I'll give it a try sometime this week!

Hope you're having a good week!

I really admire your commitment to changing your habits! They're hard to break!

I've had that lingering sore throat this week and haven't been motivated to work out. I did go swimming with my son and did 10 laps which was just so tiring. Today, I have a sore back for some reason and have absolutely no motivation. We are going away this weekend and I will try to hit it hard on Sunday again with frest motivation.

:grouphug: Hope you're feeling better soon. I started with a really sore throat last night myself :(. Taking a rest is probably the best thing you can do for yourself! Take care :sunny:

Well, I'm starting off this week with fresh resolve and really wanting to get with the program from now until June (or beyond-LOL). I'm realizing that if I want to see results that "stick", I really need to give up more of the drinking. It's just adding so many calories on a daily basis. Today, my cardio is up to 26, with double day is 52 minutes. I'm doing a run/walk combo on some days, and hills on other days. I'm also doing some sort of weight and ab training each day this week. Friday starts my spring break, so YEAH!!! Still not sure what I am going to do next year. Everyone tells me I should teach again and not to judge based on my first year, but I KNOW I can't go back to the same school next year. I just can't, and I know this to the very core, despite the advice I've been given. I can't live every day counting down until Friday, hating each school day. I'm not sure if it's the school, or the grade. I know I never wanted to teach middle school. We'll see what comes up!

Good luck with your teaching decision...it must be very difficult. Hang in there and continue to work towards your fitness and health goals. You're doing great!!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter